Can you really study your way to a 170+ LSAT?

CanIGetAnAmen

Re: Can you really study your way to a 170+ LSAT?

Postby CanIGetAnAmen » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:39 am

I feel your pain Africagal, I do.

Gamine

Postby Gamine » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:01 am

OP, my very first diagnostic was a 145. At the time I didn't quite know what that meant or how bad it really was (I'm an international student so I have virtually no physical exposure to people who know ANYTHING about US law schools or the application process etc). Last week I took PT 41 and scored a 170. There was a time (at the beginning of my prep) when I thought that this wasn't possible. By October I want to score in the high 170s (a 180 couldn't hurt ;) I believe it's very possible for me. But as others have said, you need to be willing to put in a lot of work, be disciplined and have faith in your abilities to do well. TLS has been my saving grace - I don't know what I would have done w/out this site!

kiyoku

Postby kiyoku » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:11 am

RuleSubstitution wrote:
kiyoku wrote:
RuleSubstitution wrote:We should all be studying instead of posting.

agreed again~~~ i'm off to go study again today!

good luck everyone on another great day of LSAT learning =)

super enthusiasm. yes.

kiyoku

Postby kiyoku » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:11 am

CanIGetAnAmen wrote:I feel your pain Africagal, I do.

amen.

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:49 am

Nugnoy,

I have to laugh at your comment that you "didn't have a natural aptitude for this test" when you claim to have scored a perfect score on the SAT (writing section is nonsense, so I'm not counting your 650.) This certainly suggests to me that you did have a natural aptitude for the test. Personally if I had your SAT score I wouldn't even bother with the LSAT I would have just went to an elite to undergrad school and became a writer.

Sorry I had to point it out, I'm very jealous of people who scored high on the SAT because I spent my high school years smoking pot and all that nonsense.

And African girl, I feel betrayed that I stuck up for you. How can someone desire either a career in academics or a career in big law? You should really do some research about becoming a doctor of laws before you decide to sink a significant amount of time into a standardized test. FYI though, big law is easier to break into then academics. You can get into big law back door, academics is a whole different ball game.

Megstew

Postby Megstew » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:45 am

Similar to Gamine, I started with a REALLY low diagnostic score and lately I haven't scored anything lower than 170 in my PTs. I think its definitely possible if you put in the time. There are certainly patterns within the question types and if you familiarize yourself with enough material you can soon spot them.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”