Blueprint lg book

azditamo

Blueprint lg book

Postby azditamo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Can you only get this book online or is there a place I can go to and get it like a barnes and Nobel?

Also if the only way to get this book is online which is bette, to get it through
amazon or through their website in regards to shipping time and fee.

bp shinners

Re: Blueprint lg book

Postby bp shinners » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:06 am

azditamo wrote:Can you only get this book online or is there a place I can go to and get it like a barnes and Nobel?

Also if the only way to get this book is online which is bette, to get it through

Our book isn't yet in general distribution, so it has to be ordered online. As far as places to order, I think Amazon might beat out our website by a few bucks on shipping, but don't quote me on that!

azditamo

Postby azditamo » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:36 pm

bp shinners wrote:
azditamo wrote:Can you only get this book online or is there a place I can go to and get it like a barnes and Nobel?

Our book isn't yet in general distribution, so it has to be ordered online. As far as places to order, I think Amazon might beat out our website by a few bucks on shipping, but don't quote me on that!

Cool, but can you tell me what set you apart from the other lg books mainly powerscore and manhhatthan?

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:37 pm

azditamo wrote:
bp shinners wrote:

Cool, but can you tell me what set you apart from the other lg books mainly powerscore and manhhatthan?

I'm not that familiar with their books (only flipped through them a few times), but I think ours is a lot more "conversational" than theirs. I'd compare ours to a more in-depth Bill Bryson book - it takes a complex subject and breaks it down to the basics, walks you through them, and then builds back up to the advanced concepts, all the while sitting there with you to make sure you're not lost. I believe we have a lot more space dedicated to walking you through an entire game than those other resources (though, again, I haven't spent a lot of time with them, so I could be wrong), which we believe strengthens your understanding of the material.

azditamo

Postby azditamo » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:47 pm

bp shinners wrote:
azditamo wrote:
bp shinners wrote:

I'm not that familiar with their books (only flipped through them a few times), but I think ours is a lot more "conversational" than theirs. I'd compare ours to a more in-depth Bill Bryson book - it takes a complex subject and breaks it down to the basics, walks you through them, and then builds back up to the advanced concepts, all the while sitting there with you to make sure you're not lost. I believe we have a lot more space dedicated to walking you through an entire game than those other resources (though, again, I haven't spent a lot of time with them, so I could be wrong), which we believe strengthens your understanding of the material.

Book ordered, should be here by the time I get back into the states. Cant wait to read it, does your website offer anything for people who just bought the book and have not enrolled in your course?

Megstew

Postby Megstew » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:37 am

It comes with a code which unlocks video explanations for all the games used in the book, it's great.

UnderrateOverachieve

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:55 am

Megstew wrote:It comes with a code which unlocks video explanations for all the games used in the book, it's great.

Except for Captain Lazy Eye that is kind of distracting, and the corny jokes, the videos are great.

I would skip through a lot of them, but when I was lost the descriptions were very helpful. Especially for the "legally blond logic game."

haus

Postby haus » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:34 am

Megstew wrote:It comes with a code which unlocks video explanations for all the games used in the book, it's great.

After an unexpected delay caused by work, I am now back to studying for the Oct exam. I am about 20% through this book. So far I am very impressed, and the videos are a great addition to the text.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Thu Jul 11, 2013 1:59 pm

Yep, you get access to full video explanations for all the Games in the book. They're good for a year. I'm also currently trying to get them to update the index in the back for each new test - it's in the works, but I don't know when it's going to go through.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”