Effective way to use time at work xD

paglababa

Effective way to use time at work xD

Postby paglababa » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:58 am

So most of my free time, ironically, is at work. This time is under utilized, and it would be great if I could do something productive LSAT related. I would love to whip out my LSAT material and work on it, but unfortunately that would be inapprorpriate. I don't have a cubicle or private setup to engage in blatent outright studying. Is there anything that can be done on the computer? Although I have the packets/lsats in PDF format, I don't think those are useful since they are more effective when printed and available to write/markup. I try to read some TLS but can't think of much else that would help.

I guess I could start reading about personal statements and think about what to write, but it seems so far away when I have more immediate pressing concerns such as the LSAT.

okaygo

Re: Effective way to use time at work xD

Postby okaygo » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:06 am

Maybe read the economist online to prep for RC?

rabois

Postby rabois » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:10 am

-
Last edited by rabois on Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

barrelofmonkeys

Postby barrelofmonkeys » Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:50 pm

I too have a lot of free time at work (which my supervisor is aware of). I print out sections and work on them. If I'm doing a timed one, I'll do my best to make sure it's accurate, but of course, if I get interrupted by something at work, that takes precedence.

I guess I don't know what your work set-up is like, but it sounds similar to mine. I have a desk out in the open and people can walk by at any time. I was nervous at first about the blatant studying, but after a while, I just got used to it.

I think as long as you do your work, and have made an effort to find more work to do, it's fine.

It's not like you're sitting there playing video games.

RuleSubstitution

Postby RuleSubstitution » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:02 pm

You should spend the time reviewing drills/ptests you've already done, paying special attention to why each incorrect answer is wrong and how the correct answer fits; this works for lr and rc. For ar, you can review 7sage explanations for each game if you have headphones.

Also, do you really need to mark up rc or lr that heavily? I am not sure it would be that harmful (except for your maybe your vision/eyes) to straight up drill from pdfs on your screen even if it isn't ideal. I hope this helps.

In theory though, if this wasn't a total dead end job you could signal to your supervisor that you want more responsibility, etc., if you're all that bored; why not try to build your resume?

RuleSubstitution

Postby RuleSubstitution » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:04 pm

okaygo wrote:Maybe read the economist online to prep for RC?

Or review actual rc from printouts/pdf...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”