Considering a retake, could use advice

hos9903

Considering a retake, could use advice

Postby hos9903 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:51 pm

Last edited by hos9903 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pneumonia

Re: Considering a retake, could use advice

Postby Pneumonia » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:07 pm

hos9903 wrote: So my question is, is it worth it to push back my applications back in the cycle to wait for an October score? Or should I be okay with what I have now?

I know there are a lot of people posting things like this so I appreciate any advice. Thanks alot

you should retake. if you're hell bent on applying this cycle then it should be ok to apply and then update with the new score, but before doing so consider whether or not you'd be better suited for a later administration date.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:16 pm

Retake for sure. As long as your app is good to go before scores are released an Oct score is still timely for admissions.

hos9903

Postby hos9903 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:30 pm

thanks guys

Not to be too picky, but is your retake advice in response to my stats not being good enough for those schools, or is it a reflection of a "might as well try" mentality?

For softs I will have three fairly competitive finance internships, leadership positions in campus organizations, and the rowing team. So basically, I only want to retake if my application needs it.

Some more information: I was PTing around 165. Although I never felt like I was at my full potential, a 167 was unexpected for the June administration.

Thanks again though, I appreciate it. I have just started turning to TLS now that I have an LSAT score on file, and it's been a big help.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:47 pm

Because your current numbers aren't competitive for schools we could economically rationalize attending. Start studying now tho, no point in retaking for the same score, and there is still a LOT to learn.

hos9903

Postby hos9903 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:56 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Because your current numbers aren't competitive for schools we could economically rationalize attending. Start studying now tho, no point in retaking for the same score, and there is still a LOT to learn.

You're saying that there are no schools you could economically rationalize attending that would take ? Seems a bit extreme?
Last edited by hos9903 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:16 pm

hos9903 wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote:Because your current numbers aren't competitive for schools we could economically rationalize attending. Start studying now tho, no point in retaking for the same score, and there is still a LOT to learn.

You're saying that there are no schools you could economically rationalize attending that would take a 3.4/167? Seems a bit extreme?

Frankly, yes. You're currently below both medians for any school I consider worth it at sticker, and I'm actually pretty liberal with this stuff by tls standards.

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:24 am

hos9903 wrote:

You're saying that there are no schools you could economically rationalize attending that would take a 3.4/167? Seems a bit extreme?

I think there are schools worth attending that would take you with those stats, the issue is whether or not those schools are worth attending at sticker.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”