LR Review Help!!!

okaygo

LR Review Help!!!

Postby okaygo » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:44 pm

Posted this in the October Study Group but didn't get any advice.

I need advice for how to review LR. I clearly am going at it wrong because I have gotten the same amount of questions wrong per section entirely too often. I don't miss certain question types but I do tend to miss the difficult questions from about 16-22. Any advice?

mvonh001

Re: LR Review Help!!!

Postby mvonh001 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:03 pm

okaygo wrote:Posted this in the October Study Group but didn't get any advice.

I need advice for how to review LR. I clearly am going at it wrong because I have gotten the same amount of questions wrong per section entirely too often. I don't miss certain question types but I do tend to miss the difficult questions from about 16-22. Any advice?

What i do is when im taking the test Ill circle questions im not sure about and go over them before time is up... then after time is called ill go over every question again with special attention to the ones i circled before. Then ill change any answers that i think i have to... then I score my test, and see which ones i got wrong. Then what i do is i open microsoft word and put the view into note layout and start a new page titled "PT60 Review"

Then ill type:

LR1 : -* (-* after review)
-8 - remember to always tie the conclusion to the premises for necessary assumption questions, for example.

That way I have a quick guide that is full of little reminders of what to remember when I'm going to take another quiz... i find these more helpful then retyping the entire question with the wrong answers and the reasons they are wrong, but YMMV.

magickware

Postby magickware » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:17 pm

okaygo wrote:Posted this in the October Study Group but didn't get any advice.

Can you post a couple of questions and why you got them wrong?

I would imagine it's because you're not paying attention to term shifts or just language in general, but dunno =D

Pneumonia

Postby Pneumonia » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:57 pm

drill by type?

Hero2013

Postby Hero2013 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:23 am

Try this. Once you've gone through the questions and you've circled the ones you werent sure about like the other person said, don't look at the answers but go back over those questions. However, this time your going to do things differently. For every question you are not sure of, you're going to type up (or write up, I prefer typing) a short summary of the stimulus and a prephrased answer, and you're going to go through every answer and write up an explanation for why it's right or wrong. This will force you to explain to yourself why you choose an answer choice and got rid of the others. This has helped me a lot. Plus, use the explanations from Manhattan.

tke1600

Postby tke1600 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:03 am

Pneumonia wrote:drill by type?

Do you know the best way to do this? Is there a packet or guide that has this?

Thanks!

ScottRiqui

Postby ScottRiqui » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:09 am

tke1600 wrote:

Thanks!

You can order the Cambridge packets of LR questions grouped by type. It just has the questions from PT 1-38, but you'd probably want to save at least some of PT 39-69 for practicing full preptests anyway. Be aware that instead of ordering individual type packets, you can get a bundle that has all of the different LR types for $80.

tke1600

Postby tke1600 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:12 am

ScottRiqui wrote:
tke1600 wrote:

Thanks!

You can order the Cambridge packets of LR questions grouped by type. It just has the questions from PT 1-38, but you'd probably want to save at least some of PT 39-69 for practicing full preptests anyway. Be aware that instead of ordering individual type packets, you can get a bundle that has all of the different LR types for $80.

Awesome! Thank you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”