LSAT Wins Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
EzraFitz

Silver

LSAT Wins

Post by EzraFitz » Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:12 pm

Post anything that was a stroke of good luck or just made your LSAT day that much brighter.

Mine:
On LSAT day, I knew that there would be one regular desk in the room apart from the 300 tiny foldout desks (I took the exam at my university, so I had been in the room plenty of times before). I got to the room, go tin line, and had the pure luck of being placed at the full sized desk. It felt like the greatest win of my life at the time.

New

Re: LSAT Wins

Post by 92653 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:56 pm

Getting LR as my experimental made my life. And because I don't have to retake it, I never have to worry about LG again. :)

the_pakalypse

Bronze

Post by the_pakalypse » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:29 am

1) There was this pretty girl writing the test in front of me. Her name meant "heaven" in my language.. literally. :lol: Made me laugh and helped me de-stress while I waited
2) Knowing I was better prepared than anyone in my testing room for this test and most likely, anyone writing this test at this same time as me anywhere :lol:
3) Getting a 180 :D

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:31 am

the_pakalypse wrote:1) There was this pretty girl writing the test in front of me. Her name meant "heaven" in my language.. literally. :lol: Made me laugh and helped me de-stress while I waited
2) Knowing I was better prepared than anyone in my testing room for this test and most likely, anyone writing this test at this same time as me anywhere :lol:
I want your confidence.

Can you sell it to me?

the_pakalypse

Bronze

Post by the_pakalypse » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:52 am

magickware wrote:
the_pakalypse wrote:1) There was this pretty girl writing the test in front of me. Her name meant "heaven" in my language.. literally. :lol: Made me laugh and helped me de-stress while I waited
I want your confidence.

Can you sell it to me?
Haha I wish I had this kind of positive confidence that hindsight makes it seem I had... when I was writing the test it was more like "damn it, be reasonable. You've studied for this test more than other people would have ever considered doing.. not only did you think about it, but you were crazy enough to actually do it. You've done more than what is required. Just do what you've always done now"

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

heythatslife

Silver

Post by heythatslife » Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:38 am

On the June LSAT, I had two LG sections. On the first LG section, I started misbubbling around Q5; I stupidly bubbled AC twice for a single question so all my other ACs got pushed back by 1 question. Didn't realize the error until around Q19. I tracked back all the way to the source of the problem, and by the time I located the error and rebubbled 15 questions, I had wasted a good 5 minutes and there was no time to solve the last game. I had to randomly guess the last 4 questions.

Turns out, the one I messed up on was the experimental section ;)

Megstew

New

Post by Megstew » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:31 pm

What is the typical protocol on test day? Like do you stand in line for long? Is there a roll call? Do you get to keep your plastic bag under your chair? I just want an idea of what to expect, can someone give me a quick run through of what happened when they took the test?

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:38 pm

Megstew wrote:What is the typical protocol on test day? Like do you stand in line for long? Is there a roll call? Do you get to keep your plastic bag under your chair? I just want an idea of what to expect, can someone give me a quick run through of what happened when they took the test?
You stand in line for a bit to check in, then after the cavity search, they direct you towards a room and you sit with the plastic bag under your desk (or on it if you have a big table), and listen for an hour while they read off the stupid instructions on how to fill out the scantron. Then some idiot will raise his hand and say "But I don't know my social security number, can I call my mom?", everyone will laugh. Then someone will ask "Is there a clock somewhere? I didn't bring a watch". Then you fill out the certifying statement. It takes forever for everyone to finish, then they hand out the booklets and the test begins.

Megstew

New

Post by Megstew » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:57 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote: You stand in line for a bit to check in, then after the cavity search, they direct you towards a room and you sit with the plastic bag under your desk (or on it if you have a big table), and listen for an hour while they read off the stupid instructions on how to fill out the scantron. Then some idiot will raise his hand and say "But I don't know my social security number, can I call my mom?", everyone will laugh. Then someone will ask "Is there a clock somewhere? I didn't bring a watch". Then you fill out the certifying statement. It takes forever for everyone to finish, then they hand out the booklets and the test begins.
Lol thank you

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Megstew wrote:
Clearlynotstefan wrote: You stand in line for a bit to check in, then after the cavity search, they direct you towards a room and you sit with the plastic bag under your desk (or on it if you have a big table), and listen for an hour while they read off the stupid instructions on how to fill out the scantron. Then some idiot will raise his hand and say "But I don't know my social security number, can I call my mom?", everyone will laugh. Then someone will ask "Is there a clock somewhere? I didn't bring a watch". Then you fill out the certifying statement. It takes forever for everyone to finish, then they hand out the booklets and the test begins.
Lol thank you
Also, someone will invariably give up, cancel, and walk out in the middle of the test. And most test centers have at least one kid who took the test with whooping cough or tuberculosis, who will distract everyone in the room.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”