If i suck with LG's is it really necessary to get another

flash21

If i suck with LG's is it really necessary to get another

Postby flash21 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:53 am

book? I have LGB, I duno if it is worth it to get another book. I think I might just keeping drilling away and looking at video explanations unless someone can convince me there is another great LG book worth buying.

lhn5007

Re: If i suck with LG's is it really necessary to get another

Postby lhn5007 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:14 am

I would recommend Manhattan Logic Games. It's short, concise, and offers a lot of flexibility in your style of attacking the games.

As always the key to scoring high is practicing and figuring out why you made the mistakes that you made. What was your thought process? How did you arrive at your answer? Where did you stray down the wrong fork?

Bosh

Postby Bosh » Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:21 am

flash21 wrote:book? I have LGB, I duno if it is worth it to get another book. I think I might just keeping drilling away and looking at video explanations unless someone can convince me there is another great LG book worth buying.

You can buy manhattan lg book as a supplement but I never used it. This is not to say when I was reading LG I grasped everything I read. I actually found their grouping game a bit challenging to study. It wasn't till I kept watching 7sage videos that I was able to get better in grouping games. I knew the basics as to how to write the conditional statement and its contrapositives and stuff like that, I just couldn't apply it to the game.

All I would say is, read the book again, but drill more and watch the video multiple times if you don't get initially. It takes time but you can still do well without buying another book.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:48 pm

Manhattan LG and Blueprint LG are both very good. Particularly if you suck, I think it's worth getting more books.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:21 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Manhattan LG and Blueprint LG are both very good. Particularly if you suck, I think it's worth getting more books.

Thanks for the kind words! To OP - if you have any questions about our book (Blueprint), shoot me a pm.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:26 pm

bp shinners wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Manhattan LG and Blueprint LG are both very good. Particularly if you suck, I think it's worth getting more books.

Thanks for the kind words! To OP - if you have any questions about our book (Blueprint), shoot me a pm.

I'm available to answer questions about our book as well as Blueprint's. ;)

RhymesLikeDimes

Postby RhymesLikeDimes » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:32 pm

While Blueprint and Manhattan LG books are both excellent, I don't think they are going to offer you anything more than the LGB did. If you truly worked from cover to cover (not skimming, not skipping around, not ignoring questions, etc.), then drilling is the only thing I would recommend. The approaches in all three are very similar (I've gone through BP and LGB cover-to-cover, and spent several hours going over the methods in the MLSAT one). If you don't get it after reading one of them, the others probably won't change that.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:53 pm

thanks guys , decided to get Manhattan, was really debating between that and BP but went with MLG

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:59 pm

Have you looked into velocity lsat? I sucked at games after a prep course and most books, find velocity to be markedly different from the others.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”