Drilling Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
HarvardHopeful93

New

Drilling

Post by HarvardHopeful93 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Hey guys, I'm fairly new. I hear a lot about drilling in LSAT prep on these boards. What is it? Is it just taking one section of a prep test and working on the problems? Does the powerscore bible have anything to do with it? Thanks

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Re: Drilling

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:18 pm

HarvardHopeful93 wrote:Hey guys, I'm fairly new. I hear a lot about drilling in LSAT prep on these boards. What is it? Is it just taking one section of a prep test and working on the problems? Does the powerscore bible have anything to do with it? Thanks
Drilling involves working on a particular question or game type (such as flaw or weaken questions from the logical reasoning section, or in/out grouping games from LG). You can find packets of question types for drilling from various sources, but the go-to source around here is Cambridge: http://www.cambridgelsat.com/problem-sets/

It's worth noting that until you've completed all of the most recent PTs (generally PTs 40+), you should only drill questions from earlier tests. Cambridge's packets are handy in that they only include questions from practice tests 1-38.

HarvardHopeful93

New

Post by HarvardHopeful93 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:21 pm

Thank you so much! Yeah, just diving into to LSAT prep. Reading through LG Bible right now. Looks like I'll need to order some problems

Pure Protein

New

Post by Pure Protein » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:20 pm

A quick follow-up to OP's question.

When drilling LR in particular, what is the best way to time it? I have the 1-38 Cambridge bundle but I'm not really sure how to break each type of question down into timed drills. Should I do 1 min 30, for each question in the drill or is there a better way to do it?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”