Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

fuzzydunlap
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:25 pm

Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby fuzzydunlap » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:24 pm

What kind of fee waiver messages have you received in the mail this week? Any T-14? T-20?

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:25 pm

Garbage. Literal TTTs. I don't expect to receive fee waivers from any T20 schools until closer to fall.

User avatar
Vexed
Posts: 261
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:55 pm

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby Vexed » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:34 pm

Only school that wasn't TOTAL trash was William & Mary, and that's still not incredibly appealing.

mojangles
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby mojangles » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:42 pm

I also have received only one waiver for spring 2014. The rest have all been for TTT looking for applicants for this current cycle - seems scary to me that schools are openly soliciting applicants to enroll this fall but maybe that's just me.

exacerbated_recluse
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby exacerbated_recluse » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:54 pm

New to considering the value of fee waivers:
Is it common that schools that someone with a high score would actually want to apply to issue fee waivers for high scorers? (T-20 or better yet t-14)
Also, does anyone know if these waivers are issued solely based on lsat scores or do they have access to and ability to consider other info, such as gpa, as well (and actually do so)?
Thanks

User avatar
guano
Posts: 2268
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:49 am

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby guano » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:56 pm

Two cycles ago I got Vandy, Minn, and a few T30s with a 169

User avatar
ManOfTheMinute
Posts: 1562
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby ManOfTheMinute » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:57 pm

exacerbated_recluse wrote:New to considering the value of fee waivers:
Is it common that schools that someone with a high score would actually want to apply to issue fee waivers for high scorers? (T-20 or better yet t-14)
Also, does anyone know if these waivers are issued solely based on lsat scores or do they have access to and ability to consider other info, such as gpa, as well (and actually do so)?
Thanks


What's yours first question??

User avatar
vuthy
Posts: 379
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:55 am

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby vuthy » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:59 pm

Keep in mind that some schools send fee waivers to likely denials because they want to improve their selectivity numbers, and thereby their US News position.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2195
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby jingosaur » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:25 pm

I've gotten no great ones yet. Networking at an LSAC forum or signing up for one without an LSAT score got me better waivers.

exacerbated_recluse
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:34 pm

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby exacerbated_recluse » Fri Jul 05, 2013 3:26 am

Sorry, new to this forum and typing on my phone. No idea what that says.

I was just trying to figure out whether law schools send out lsat score-based fee waivers in a manner in which a person with a certain score above the "good" range can actually get a fee waiver from a school or schools in which they would likely be planning on applying to/attending if accepted.

Now I'm kind of confusing myself. Basically, if I scored a 172 or higher, would there be reasonable chance that I can expect fee waivers offered by T-20, t-14 or even higher schools based upon my lsat score?

User avatar
Sourrudedude
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

.

Postby Sourrudedude » Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:08 pm

.
Last edited by Sourrudedude on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby Pneumonia » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:31 am

do you have to be registered for CAS to get the waivers or just CRS? i'm spending the next five weeks trying to scrape together the $160 and don't want to miss out on any of the fun.

User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1642
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby Pneumonia » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:52 pm

Pneumonia wrote:do you have to be registered for CAS to get the waivers or just CRS? i'm spending the next five weeks trying to scrape together the $160 and don't want to miss out on any of the fun.


No, you do not need to register for CAS to get fee waivers (I'd still like to know if it has any impact though). I just got a 2014 waiver from Georgetown.

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby SteelPenguin » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:14 pm

exacerbated_recluse wrote:Sorry, new to this forum and typing on my phone. No idea what that says.

I was just trying to figure out whether law schools send out lsat score-based fee waivers in a manner in which a person with a certain score above the "good" range can actually get a fee waiver from a school or schools in which they would likely be planning on applying to/attending if accepted.

Now I'm kind of confusing myself. Basically, if I scored a 172 or higher, would there be reasonable chance that I can expect fee waivers offered by T-20, t-14 or even higher schools based upon my lsat score?


I had a 165 this cycle and received waivers from Chicago, Duke, NU, Michigan, and GULC. I don't think it takes a crazy score to get waivers, it just might take more time.

Humbert Humbert
Posts: 400
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby Humbert Humbert » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:06 pm

Georgetown earlier today, FWIW

User avatar
Sourrudedude
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

.

Postby Sourrudedude » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:02 pm

.
Last edited by Sourrudedude on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mojangles
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:39 am

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby mojangles » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:17 pm

Sourrudedude wrote:Pheonix earlier today, FWIW


did they offer you that full scholly too?? pretty tempting. preeeeettyyyyy tempting.

User avatar
Sourrudedude
Posts: 415
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:34 pm

.

Postby Sourrudedude » Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:58 pm

.
Last edited by Sourrudedude on Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

92653
Posts: 55
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:36 pm

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby 92653 » Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:54 pm

I was told about "Law School Eligability" from a certain school that I shall not name. Needless to say, I am not at all interested in finding out if I am eligable.

(Then again, the fee waiver from Gtown made my day.)

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby mindarmed » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:27 pm

GULC gives them to anyone that scored 170+ IIRC

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:07 pm

armedwithamind wrote:GULC gives them to anyone that scored 170+ IIRC

Fuck. 169 can't get an early waiver? :(

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby mindarmed » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:22 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:GULC gives them to anyone that scored 170+ IIRC

Fuck. 169 can't get an early waiver? :(


haha i dont know bro, i'm speaking anecdotally from what i read last year in waiting threads

User avatar
SteelPenguin
Posts: 1090
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:37 pm

Re: Question for people who scored 170+ on June LSAT

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:47 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:GULC gives them to anyone that scored 170+ IIRC

Fuck. 169 can't get an early waiver? :(


haha i dont know bro, i'm speaking anecdotally from what i read last year in waiting threads


I'm not too concerned. I've heard most schools are pretty friendly and willing to give out fee waivers if you ask (except Rutgers Newark).




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BOSStongrl, Chipotle85, Majestic-12 [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests