Cambridge LR bundle, Must be true, Question 30. help pls

flash21

Cambridge LR bundle, Must be true, Question 30. help pls

Postby flash21 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:03 pm

I am not really understanding why A is correct. would really appreciate some help

magickware

Re: Cambridge LR bundle, Must be true, Question 30. help pls

Postby magickware » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:43 pm

Here are the facts as they are presented-

Sales manager tells us that the total number of meals sold in the company's restaurants are much higher than before.

Accountant tells us the following
-That the number of meals sold decreased in every restaurant that was opened either the previous year or the year before.
-That we can only make such comparison for restaurants from which we have the sales data from the previous year and the year before that.

There is a conflict here. The sales manager clearly states that the total number of meals sold has gone up, but the accountant says that, based upon data we have from the comparison, meals sold in the restaurants clearly went down.

The only thing we can conclude from this is that there are restaurants that we do not have such data for, and answer A reflects this.

PoE is easy with this one. B-E cannot be proven in any way by the stimulus.
Last edited by magickware on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:01 pm

This question tripped me up when I first encountered it because its sort of like a resolve the paradox. I have no doubt that you could change the question stem to read, "which answer choice resolves the paradox."

flash21

Postby flash21 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:23 pm

thanks magic

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”