blueprint lg vs the other lg books

azditamo

blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby azditamo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:52 pm

For people who have used this book, what are your thoughts on this book? Is it better than Manhattan lg or powerscore, let me know why you bought it and if it is worth buying over another book.

TheMostDangerousLG

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:55 am

Buy all three books. Seriously.

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:04 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Buy all three books. Seriously.

Take her advice.

alexrodriguez

Postby alexrodriguez » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:10 am

Really?

Another book I have to buy?

Manhattan
Powerscore
Ace the Logic Games
BluePrint
Cambridge

errmygawdd

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:13 am

louierodriguez wrote:Really?

Another book I have to buy?

Manhattan
Powerscore
Ace the Logic Games
BluePrint
Cambridge

errmygawdd

I read (and completed) all of those and more. I am a firm believer in gathering as much info as you can find and practicing as many weird methods as possible in order to develop your own approach to LG.

azditamo

Postby azditamo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:24 am

What about lsat trainer. Where does that come into play? Is that lr or is that used as a stepping stone into getting you ready for the other books?

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:36 am

azditamo wrote:What about lsat trainer. Where does that come into play? Is that lr or is that used as a stepping stone into getting you ready for the other books?

I thought The LSAT Trainer was pretty good for LG. I would do it after other books, so you have an idea of your own diagramming style (the author diagrams some stuff in some pretty funky ways), and you should PM the author (he's on here as The LSAT Trainer) for edits, as some answers to drills are wrong, but overall, the book has a lot of really useful drills that other books lack for establishing some fundamental logic games skills.

tuffyjohnson

Postby tuffyjohnson » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Also consider Velocity for games. It will enhance on the others approach.

The LSAT Trainer

Postby The LSAT Trainer » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:06 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
azditamo wrote:What about lsat trainer. Where does that come into play? Is that lr or is that used as a stepping stone into getting you ready for the other books?

I thought The LSAT Trainer was pretty good for LG. I would do it after other books, so you have an idea of your own diagramming style (the author diagrams some stuff in some pretty funky ways), and you should PM the author (he's on here as The LSAT Trainer) for edits, as some answers to drills are wrong, but overall, the book has a lot of really useful drills that other books lack for establishing some fundamental logic games skills.

Just a quick clarification -- MDLG got the book right when it came out, and it's been polished again since then. The version that's available now is error free in terms of answers, etc. (though a few minor typos did still slip through, and will be caught the next time around). -- Mike Kim

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:56 pm

The LSAT Trainer wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:

Just a quick clarification -- MDLG got the book right when it came out, and it's been polished again since then. The version that's available now is error free in terms of answers, etc. (though a few minor typos did still slip through, and will be caught the next time around). -- Mike Kim

Ah, k. Good stuff. My mistake, sorry,

Erickt26

Postby Erickt26 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:09 pm

This exam is a bank account eater! :evil:

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:49 pm

Erickt26 wrote:This exam is a bank account eater! :evil:

It's a warm-up for law school. :)

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
Erickt26 wrote:This exam is a bank account eater! :evil:

It's a warm-up for law school. :)

And once you've purchased your first-semester books and your bank account is gone, it's still hungry :twisted:

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”