blueprint lg vs the other lg books

User avatar
azditamo
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:45 pm

blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby azditamo » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:52 pm

For people who have used this book, what are your thoughts on this book? Is it better than Manhattan lg or powerscore, let me know why you bought it and if it is worth buying over another book.

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:55 am

Buy all three books. Seriously.

User avatar
Clyde Frog
Posts: 7130
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 2:27 am

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby Clyde Frog » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:04 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:Buy all three books. Seriously.



Take her advice.

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby alexrodriguez » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:10 am

Really?

Another book I have to buy?

Manhattan
Powerscore
Ace the Logic Games
BluePrint
Cambridge

errmygawdd

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:13 am

louierodriguez wrote:Really?

Another book I have to buy?

Manhattan
Powerscore
Ace the Logic Games
BluePrint
Cambridge

errmygawdd


I read (and completed) all of those and more. I am a firm believer in gathering as much info as you can find and practicing as many weird methods as possible in order to develop your own approach to LG.

User avatar
azditamo
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby azditamo » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:24 am

What about lsat trainer. Where does that come into play? Is that lr or is that used as a stepping stone into getting you ready for the other books?

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:36 am

azditamo wrote:What about lsat trainer. Where does that come into play? Is that lr or is that used as a stepping stone into getting you ready for the other books?


I thought The LSAT Trainer was pretty good for LG. I would do it after other books, so you have an idea of your own diagramming style (the author diagrams some stuff in some pretty funky ways), and you should PM the author (he's on here as The LSAT Trainer) for edits, as some answers to drills are wrong, but overall, the book has a lot of really useful drills that other books lack for establishing some fundamental logic games skills.

User avatar
tuffyjohnson
Posts: 226
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:07 pm

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby tuffyjohnson » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:17 pm

Also consider Velocity for games. It will enhance on the others approach.

The LSAT Trainer
Posts: 621
Joined: Fri May 10, 2013 4:57 am

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby The LSAT Trainer » Wed Jul 03, 2013 1:06 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
azditamo wrote:What about lsat trainer. Where does that come into play? Is that lr or is that used as a stepping stone into getting you ready for the other books?


I thought The LSAT Trainer was pretty good for LG. I would do it after other books, so you have an idea of your own diagramming style (the author diagrams some stuff in some pretty funky ways), and you should PM the author (he's on here as The LSAT Trainer) for edits, as some answers to drills are wrong, but overall, the book has a lot of really useful drills that other books lack for establishing some fundamental logic games skills.


Just a quick clarification -- MDLG got the book right when it came out, and it's been polished again since then. The version that's available now is error free in terms of answers, etc. (though a few minor typos did still slip through, and will be caught the next time around). -- Mike Kim

User avatar
TheMostDangerousLG
Posts: 1547
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:25 am

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:56 pm

The LSAT Trainer wrote:
TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
azditamo wrote:What about lsat trainer. Where does that come into play? Is that lr or is that used as a stepping stone into getting you ready for the other books?


I thought The LSAT Trainer was pretty good for LG. I would do it after other books, so you have an idea of your own diagramming style (the author diagrams some stuff in some pretty funky ways), and you should PM the author (he's on here as The LSAT Trainer) for edits, as some answers to drills are wrong, but overall, the book has a lot of really useful drills that other books lack for establishing some fundamental logic games skills.


Just a quick clarification -- MDLG got the book right when it came out, and it's been polished again since then. The version that's available now is error free in terms of answers, etc. (though a few minor typos did still slip through, and will be caught the next time around). -- Mike Kim


Ah, k. Good stuff. My mistake, sorry,

User avatar
Erickt26
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:47 pm

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby Erickt26 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:09 pm

This exam is a bank account eater! :evil:

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:49 pm

Erickt26 wrote:This exam is a bank account eater! :evil:

It's a warm-up for law school. :)

bp shinners
Posts: 3091
Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Re: blueprint lg vs the other lg books

Postby bp shinners » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:57 pm

Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
Erickt26 wrote:This exam is a bank account eater! :evil:

It's a warm-up for law school. :)


And once you've purchased your first-semester books and your bank account is gone, it's still hungry :twisted:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], comicbookdude, foxmulder and 4 guests