Which Cambridge sets?

aboo5674

Which Cambridge sets?

Postby aboo5674 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:33 pm

I apologize if there's an answer to this somewhere that I missed. I'm just a little conflicted on what Cambridge drill sets I should buy. My biggest weakness is logic games; I only finished 2 1/2 games on the two practice tests I've taken so far. The other two are a toss-up. On PT 29 I got -4 on each LR section and -3 on RC. On PT 52 I got a perfect score on the first LR, -3 on the second, and -4 on RC (I was a bit distracted and didn't have time for the last two questions.)
Before I started on TLS I bought "10 actual official," "the next ten," and "ten new actual official." I was planning to buy the "ten more" after I'd done some of these. But if the Cambridge sets are drawn from PTs, do I really need to buy those too? I also have Logic Games Bible on the way. I'm getting worried that I'm going to end up buying the same problems over and over.
Oh, and on a side note if anybody has suggestions about other materials that would be good for me given my diagnostics I'm open to that too.

Username123

Re: Which Cambridge sets?

Postby Username123 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:43 pm

aboo5674 wrote:I apologize if there's an answer to this somewhere that I missed. I'm just a little conflicted on what Cambridge drill sets I should buy. My biggest weakness is logic games; I only finished 2 1/2 games on the two practice tests I've taken so far. The other two are a toss-up. On PT 29 I got -4 on each LR section and -3 on RC. On PT 52 I got a perfect score on the first LR, -3 on the second, and -4 on RC (I was a bit distracted and didn't have time for the last two questions.)
Before I started on TLS I bought "10 actual official," "the next ten," and "ten new actual official." I was planning to buy the "ten more" after I'd done some of these. But if the Cambridge sets are drawn from PTs, do I really need to buy those too? I also have Logic Games Bible on the way. I'm getting worried that I'm going to end up buying the same problems over and over.
Oh, and on a side note if anybody has suggestions about other materials that would be good for me given my diagnostics I'm open to that too.

Have you used any of the guides recommended on this site (Manhattan, Powerscore, Blueprint, etc.)? I think if you're having trouble, you should definitely dig into the LG Bible and supplement it with the Manhattan LG guide. Once you're done reading both books, you should focus on untimed drilling with the Cambridge sets - you should get the Logic Games Bundle which categorizes all the Logic Games from PT 1-38 into question types/difficulty. Once you've completed all of that, hopefully you've figured out how to go -0 to -2 on LG. If not, a lot of people recommend Velocity LG as a great resource as well. In addition to your guides and drilling (and possibly Velocity LG), check out 7sage's free video explanations of LGs. I just recently came across these and they are great.

Btw, I wish I was in your spot. LG is, in my opinion, the most learnable section of the LSAT. If you haven't really checked out any guides/bibles or drilled heavily and are able to score -5 or better on LR and RC, you're on a path to 175+. Keep working!

aboo5674

Re: Which Cambridge sets?

Postby aboo5674 » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:22 pm

Uschoolqb10 wrote:
aboo5674 wrote:I apologize if there's an answer to this somewhere that I missed. I'm just a little conflicted on what Cambridge drill sets I should buy. My biggest weakness is logic games; I only finished 2 1/2 games on the two practice tests I've taken so far. The other two are a toss-up. On PT 29 I got -4 on each LR section and -3 on RC. On PT 52 I got a perfect score on the first LR, -3 on the second, and -4 on RC (I was a bit distracted and didn't have time for the last two questions.)

Have you used any of the guides recommended on this site (Manhattan, Powerscore, Blueprint, etc.)? I think if you're having trouble, you should definitely dig into the LG Bible and supplement it with the Manhattan LG guide. Once you're done reading both books, you should focus on untimed drilling with the Cambridge sets - you should get the Logic Games Bundle which categorizes all the Logic Games from PT 1-38 into question types/difficulty. Once you've completed all of that, hopefully you've figured out how to go -0 to -2 on LG. If not, a lot of people recommend Velocity LG as a great resource as well. In addition to your guides and drilling (and possibly Velocity LG), check out 7sage's free video explanations of LGs. I just recently came across these and they are great.

Btw, I wish I was in your spot. LG is, in my opinion, the most learnable section of the LSAT. If you haven't really checked out any guides/bibles or drilled heavily and are able to score -5 or better on LR and RC, you're on a path to 175+. Keep working!

Thanks for the advice and encouragement. I've got LG Bible on the way. What I'm wondering the most is if there's additional material in the cambridge sets that I wouldn't get from the "10 actual" series that I already purchased.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”