StructuresAndForces

Postby StructuresAndForces » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:07 am

Last edited by StructuresAndForces on Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

bp shinners

Re: Practical Question on Reviewing LGs

Postby bp shinners » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:01 pm

StructuresAndForces wrote:How does everyone review their logic games sections on PTs that they have finished? I want to redo LGs that I did poorly on, but can't think of the best way to do them again when I have already written all over the LG in the PT book. Are people never writing in the actual book and only using photocopies?

Photocopies, scratch paper instead of writing in the book, covering up prior work - there are a ton of methods people use to get around it.

If the answers are too hard to not look at after you've already circled one, I always recommend circling and crossing out each letter. That way, you can't tell which one you picked and which ones you eliminated the first time through.

Theopliske8711

Postby Theopliske8711 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:10 pm

Reprint and redo.

malleus discentium

Postby malleus discentium » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:05 pm

bp shinners wrote:
StructuresAndForces wrote:How does everyone review their logic games sections on PTs that they have finished? I want to redo LGs that I did poorly on, but can't think of the best way to do them again when I have already written all over the LG in the PT book. Are people never writing in the actual book and only using photocopies?

Photocopies, scratch paper instead of writing in the book, covering up prior work - there are a ton of methods people use to get around it.

If the answers are too hard to not look at after you've already circled one, I always recommend circling and crossing out each letter. That way, you can't tell which one you picked and which ones you eliminated the first time through.

Do not use scratch paper. Though we now have two pages instead of just one for each game, space is not unlimited. Being able to write both neatly and quickly is a minor but important element of doing the games successfully. You need to have been practicing with minimal space, because if you have been taking up lots of scratch space, you're going to be fucked on the LSAT when you are unprepared to write small and neatly.

TCR is to make photocopies.

magickware

Postby magickware » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:36 pm

I would mark the answers lightly and do all the work (writing down rules, inferences, solving shit, etc), on a single piece of paper.

When I wanted to redo the game, I just erase the light markings I made on the paper.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”