question for how to study cambridge drilling packets

flash21

question for how to study cambridge drilling packets

Postby flash21 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:58 am

hey, was just wondering if you guys set the timer for 1:20, or if you set it for 35 and did a set of 20-24 questions

or do you just go through slowly at make sure you've got them all?

thanks

mx23250

Re: question for how to study cambridge drilling packets

Postby mx23250 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:24 am

flash21 wrote:hey, was just wondering if you guys set the timer for 1:20, or if you set it for 35 and did a set of 20-24 questions

thanks

I'm just taking my time to go through them to make sure I understand how to tackle the problems. Initially I tried timing myself but came to the realization that I would benefit more if I took the time to make sure I understood each problem completely as this would help me recognize trends and why the right answers are right and why each wrong answer is wrong, rather than trying to rush through each problem timed. With that said, I average ~1:45 per question overall, so I'm not devoting a ridiculously long time to each question, but enough to understand each one. Also, it would be easy to be under 1:20 for the 'Difficulty 1' questions but very tough for all the 'Difficulty 3 and 4' questions, in general.

flash21

Re: question for how to study cambridge drilling packets

Postby flash21 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:26 am

mx23250 wrote:
flash21 wrote:hey, was just wondering if you guys set the timer for 1:20, or if you set it for 35 and did a set of 20-24 questions

thanks

I'm just taking my time to go through them to make sure I understand how to tackle the problems. Initially I tried timing myself but came to the realization that I would benefit more if I took the time to make sure I understood each problem completely as this would help me recognize trends and why the right answers are right and why each wrong answer is wrong, rather than trying to rush through each problem timed. With that said, I average ~1:45 per question overall, so I'm not devoting a ridiculously long time to each question, but enough to understand each one. Also, it would be easy to be under 1:20 for the 'Difficulty 1' questions but very tough for all the 'Difficulty 3 and 4' questions, in general.

okay thanks

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”