June 150's holla

June 150's holla

Postby Scoredinthe150s » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:28 am

I can't be the only one.

On second thought, I may very well be considering how 99% of everyone here are 168+.

Studied on/off for a year (non serious), decided to take the GRE only to back out 6 weeks before June's test and hit the LSAT books again. Been PT-ing between 158-165, so it's not a TOTAL shocker, but considering how I got slapped with a (-9 )in LG and (-13) in RC (LG being my strongest) section, it's a wee bit hairy.

Goal for October is a 160. Not sure if this is feasible considering that my weakest trait, is reading speed. I can "see" most, if not all, deductions in LR and their tricks, but I read the passage really slow or read it freaking twice. It's really goddamn frustrating.

RC is a crapshoot. It's literally up to the Gods whether or not I do well. Some passages I go for -6 in the entire section, and others (like this test) -13. Reading speed is also an issue here.

LG, my strongest section is for some freaking reason where my wheels fall off. This administration is actually my second time I took the LSAT (took it once two years ago but cancelled it). Normally, I'd have 5-8 minutes to spare in my PTs, but for this test along with the one I took years ago, I just become a blind mute. I end up taking the long road to answer each freaking question and barely using any deductions.

Anyways, I'm curious how those that fared as sh*tty as I did felt about this cycle and how they're preparing for the months ahead.

Re: June 150's holla

Postby Balthy » Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:02 am

Not a June taker, but just wanted to recommend working on reading speed on spreeder.com.

Re: June 150's holla

Postby magickware » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Spreeder is awesome.

Thank you for enlightening me to such an awesome program.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”