Retaking a third time?

nyjets2090

Retaking a third time?

Postby nyjets2090 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:40 pm

I know the general consensus is to retake if you screw up the first time. But what's the deal with a third time? I have a 162 and a 166, but feel like I might as well go once more since I PTd 169-171. At this point, I'm holding a sizable scholarship from Seton Hall, which was my plan for this year. Seems like a respectable option for NY/NJ. My concern about a retake is at this point I've seen every question, although going through the MLSAT LR could still be useful. Any advice would be welcome, thanks.

Br3v

Re: Retaking a third time?

Postby Br3v » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:43 pm

nyjets2090 wrote:I know the general consensus is to retake if you screw up the first time. But what's the deal with a third time? I have a 162 and a 166, but feel like I might as well go once more since I PTd 169-171. At this point, I'm holding a sizable scholarship from Seton Hall, which was my plan for this year. Seems like a respectable option for NY/NJ. My concern about a retake is at this point I've seen every question, although going through the MLSAT LR could still be useful. Any advice would be welcome, thanks.

If you can squeeze more points out then yes retake. 4 points, 4 (5?) questions would make a world of a difference. Even if it meant making your sizeable scholarship a full one.

nyjets2090

Postby nyjets2090 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:26 pm

That almost makes me feel better about SHU. Rather than trying to maintain the unsustainable model, they're at least trying to address the problem, I think most schools are going to have to start cutting class sizes and faculty. Also I know SHU isn't Tier 1 in USNews, but they're ranked in ATL and I've always believed USNews is more helpful for academia/clerkship placement, which I have no desire. Biglaw would be nice, but I'd be happy with a mid-size firm too.

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Give it one more shot. SeTTTon Hall is not a very good school. I know two people there above median and they are nojerbpwned

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”