are you still applying this cycle?

lawschoolplease1

are you still applying this cycle?

Postby lawschoolplease1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:44 pm

for those who didn't do as well as they had expected.... are you still applying this cycle?
if we still apply this cycle and submit early, we'd have to write personal statement and study for the LSATs simultaneously....
i know some people may not think this is a big deal, but im not certain i time for both, given my full time job.

TheMostDangerousLG

Re: are you still applying this cycle?

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:03 pm

lawschoolplease1 wrote:for those who didn't do as well as they had expected.... are you still applying this cycle?
if we still apply this cycle and submit early, we'd have to write personal statement and study for the LSATs simultaneously....
i know some people may not think this is a big deal, but im not certain i time for both, given my full time job.

Yes.

Writing a personal statement is not much that effort. My last one took maybe three hours, and that's writing and edits and review with others combined. A PS is just about making sure you have a grasp of the English language and aren't a total psychopath.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:46 pm

lawschoolplease1 wrote:for those who didn't do as well as they had expected.... are you still applying this cycle?

Apps aren't even open for submitting. Relax.

lawschoolplease1

Postby lawschoolplease1 » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:01 pm

but if we still apply this cycle, we'd be submitting apps before or right when we find out the results from the october test, right?

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:23 pm

lawschoolplease1 wrote:but if we still apply this cycle, we'd be submitting apps before or right when we find out the results from the october test, right?

Only if you have everything ready to submit by then. Relax, it is rolling admissions. You don't have to have everything complete and submit your applications before November if you are not ready. Of course it is better to apply earlier (assuming everything is polished and with a good score) but application deadlines aren't until anywhere from January to as late as April depending on the school, so you have plenty of time write a PS and study for the LSAT. Deadlines for EA/ED applications are after October scores are released so you don't need to apply before you know your score.

Again, relax.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”