What to do after a pt

azditamo

What to do after a pt

Postby azditamo » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:02 pm

Once you complete a pt, should you devote time on the problems that you got wrong? I know you should review the the entire test not just the wrong answers but what I'm saying lets say you got -2 or -3 on a lg should you then do that lg 10x like 7stage recommends? Or if you got a lr or rc question wrong should you spend more time then just understanding why you got it wrong, should you spend time reading and re-reading the question till you remember the format of the question and can never get that particular question or any questions that resemble that question ever again. Long question short is it enough to just understand why you got it wrong or should you strive to go beyond that?

nothingtosee

Re: What to do after a pt

Postby nothingtosee » Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:24 pm

You should try to be more active than "understand:" prove you've learned it. I think redoing the lgs you weren't perfect on is great because you may catch an inference or just a more time efficient way to diagram.

For lr, one of the guides had a really good idea: make flash cards of questions you've missed sorted by type. Make it two columns, and on the right type why your mistake was wrong and why the correct answer was right. After you've done 5 or 10 PTs go through the stacks. It will help you see patterns, and you'll stop making identical mistakes. This has really helped me for accuracy, time, and confidence.

$.02

bp shinners

Re: What to do after a pt

Postby bp shinners » Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:41 pm

azditamo wrote: Long question short is it enough to just understand why you got it wrong or should you strive to go beyond that?

Strive to go beyond that. Figure out how they tricked you into picking the wrong answer. Figure out how they got you to eliminate the correct answer. Figure out how you could have answered the ones you got right more quickly.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”