Practicing lg

mistd

Practicing lg

Postby mistd » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:14 pm

I need to practice a lot to solve all four games in 35 mins but I don't want to buy PTs just to use one section and I can't take a timed test when I know what one section will be like. Should I practice the ones I already did but gave me trouble over and over again? Are there any other ways to practice LG?

Aasterinian

Re: Practicing lg

Postby Aasterinian » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:40 pm

mistd wrote: Should I practice the ones I already did but gave me trouble over and over again?

You should do this no matter what. After every full PT, redo each game until you can finish it within ~6-8 minutes (depending on what score you're aiming for). Then come back to them 2-3 weeks later and make sure you can do the same thing again. In addition to the full PTs, you can also buy bundles of individual games that are grouped by type (LinkRemoved) and drill with them. Whether or not this is the best strategy for you depends on how good your memory is. Mine is absolutely awful, so I never felt like I was giving myself an unfair advantage if I drilled a game and then saw it later on in a full PT (so long as two or three weeks had past).

x2ahvaewrkisa2n

Postby x2ahvaewrkisa2n » Sun Jun 30, 2013 1:50 pm

mistd wrote:I need to practice a lot to solve all four games in 35 mins but I don't want to buy PTs just to use one section and I can't take a timed test when I know what one section will be like. Should I practice the ones I already did but gave me trouble over and over again? Are there any other ways to practice LG?

Definitely redo the ones you struggled with. Multiple times. I would suggest redoing ones you do relatively well on as well. In studying for June I did some LG's as many as 3-4 times, until I hit -0 on each one. Games is a section you can really nail down with sufficient practice.

magickware

Postby magickware » Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:40 pm

http://www.cambridgelsat.com/bookstore/ ... lications/

That company sells all LSAT materials, and also has them bundled up into various question types for each section.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”