For those of you who have completed the Powerscore Bibles...

Darmody

For those of you who have completed the Powerscore Bibles...

Postby Darmody » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:52 pm

I'm almost done with the LG and LR Bibles, and although I do feel better about the LSAT because of the strategies and tips I've learned, I frequently get the questions wrong during the end of the section (chapters on different question type) question sets. Usually there are around 6 questions per chapter at the end, and I average about 3-4 right. Since I'm almost done with the books, I feel concerned that I'm not getting 100% on these sections. How did you guys fair on your first attempt through these books? Am I done for?

Jeffort

Re: For those of you who have completed the Powerscore Bibles...

Postby Jeffort » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:38 am

You're not done for. Keep studying, practicing and reviewing diligently. It takes time to improve your abilities. Unlike with most UG level tests, major LSAT score improvements don't happen overnight from just a few bursts of studying only doing the practice questions included at the end of the bible chapters.

You need to drill and review more of each question type/game type than the ones provided in the PS bibles. Practice and quality review is important to sharpen your skills so make sure to do more practice questions of each type than is supplied in the Bibles. If you don't have copies of official LSAT PrepTests or questions beyond what is in the bibles then you need to get more supplemental materials with them for drilling.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:03 am

Last edited by Daily_Double on Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:54 am

Just a general concept, but for any lsat book, the adventure STARTS when you close the last page, it doesn't end.

alexrodriguez

Postby alexrodriguez » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:04 am

You're fine dude. I made a lot of mistakes with those questions as well.

kiyoku

Postby kiyoku » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:01 am

The books can teach you a method, but I doubt you would actually expect yourself to be perfect at executing these methods as soon as you finished reading the books.

I didn't get 100% on the sections after the books, and I think what your experiencing is standard. Don't be let down too much and just try to see your question misses as an opportunity to identify your leaks.

If you're getting the questions wrong, something is flawed. Something is wired incorrectly or isn't practiced properly yet. You want to focus on attacking those weaknesses or wrong methodologies.

I'm going through the Bibles and Manhattan a second time right now too =) Keep at it!

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:19 pm

I was in a similar position. What I found is that the bibles are great to revisit during LSAT prep. Once you have a decent grasp of the fundamentals you will start to notice some of the subtleties that you missed your first time through the bibles.

Squeeze every drop of information out of the books.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”