Ugh.. RC EXCEPT questions...

hukchobo

Ugh.. RC EXCEPT questions...

Postby hukchobo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:41 pm

I hate these with a passion.. they're mostly detailed oriented and takes the longest to answer..

How can I consistently get these down without sacrificing too much time?

ETA:
i should add that my current strategy is to go over the answers and use my memory to quickly cross out the ACs that are clearly wrong then hunt down the others in the passage.. but unless i can cross out 3 choices it takes a while to find line refs for the others..

bp shinners

Re: Ugh.. RC EXCEPT questions...

Postby bp shinners » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:15 am

hukchobo wrote:I hate these with a passion.. they're mostly detailed oriented and takes the longest to answer..

How can I consistently get these down without sacrificing too much time?

ETA:
i should add that my current strategy is to go over the answers and use my memory to quickly cross out the ACs that are clearly wrong then hunt down the others in the passage.. but unless i can cross out 3 choices it takes a while to find line refs for the others..

You should have pretty solid "table-of-contents" tags for each paragraph (or when the paragraph has multiple ideas, two tags) that will guide you to the right answer. So yes, first eliminate the ACs that you know show up. Then, you should be able to check each of the remaining ACs in 5-6 seconds by using the tags to navigate. Especially since these questions often have answers that all come from the same paragraph.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”