June LSAT takers in East Asia

Helpmeplease

Re: June LSAT takers in East Asia

Postby Helpmeplease » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:26 am

Are the people who were having trouble with this PTing in the 170s? Or is it people who were PTing at 165 who thought this was hard?

stuckinthemiddle

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:02 am

The one after the break is the real one. The experimental section is always before the break.

lawster

Postby lawster » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:05 am

stuckinthemiddle wrote:The one after the break is the real one. The experimental section is always before the break.

that's what I thought, but someone told me that's not necessarily true, cuz LSAC has placed experimental in the last two sections in recent years, which is making me really anxious now. And I don't remember much detail of either game. I only remember one section has a museum burglary game, and a Sunday through Saturday game. Is that one real or experimental?

stuckinthemiddle

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:08 am

lawster wrote:
stuckinthemiddle wrote:The one after the break is the real one. The experimental section is always before the break.

that's what I thought, but someone told me that's not necessarily true, cuz LSAC has placed experimental in the last two sections in recent years, which is making me really anxious now. And I don't remember much detail of either game. I only remember one section has a museum burglary game, and a Sunday through Saturday game. Is that one real or experimental?

I think the game with the random sounds and the man and the woman and the lights and all that STRANGE stuff was the first one. I assumed it was the experimental. I literally have never heard of the experimental coming after the break omg. Also, people in the testing room with me had two RC's and one LR before the break, so I think it's quite obvious the first LG was the experimental.

~anxiety~

It doesn't even matter though because I bombed both those game sections. XD I'm praying so hard that my LR and RC can redeem meeee.

lawster

Postby lawster » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:33 am

stuckinthemiddle wrote:
lawster wrote:

I think the game with the random sounds and the man and the woman and the lights and all that STRANGE stuff was the first one. I assumed it was the experimental. I literally have never heard of the experimental coming after the break omg. Also, people in the testing room with me had two RC's and one LR before the break, so I think it's quite obvious the first LG was the experimental.

~anxiety~

It doesn't even matter though because I bombed both those game sections. XD I'm praying so hard that my LR and RC can redeem meeee.

yeah that section was pretty weird. good luck!

Helpmeplease

Postby Helpmeplease » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:28 pm

Yeah, I got to the last game with plenty of time and then just bombed it, I was so pissed. Did everyone think the RC was easy?

stuckinthemiddle

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:51 am

I actually thought the questions ranged from easy to moderate (*knocks on wood*), but the sheer amount of them made timing a very big issue. I had to go with my gut on quite a few so I could move on to the next section (especially the last one which I seem to remember had a shitton of questions) because I kept falling behind the clock. But I don't remember any one question that had me absolutely draw a blank.

What did everyone else think? Are we talking about the same RC section with the forgery, Chinese language, etc.?

glitterfyme

Postby glitterfyme » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:26 am

I definitely spent too much time on the chinese-american passage (did anyone else think that was hard?) and then when I got to the last passage about the forgery I really had to rush the last couple of questions because of time.

Do you think the scores will be released earlier than the July 17th date that's posted on LSAC? Typically American test takers receive their scores before the publicized release date. Is that also true for Asia?

stuckinthemiddle

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:14 am

glitterfyme wrote:I definitely spent too much time on the chinese-american passage (did anyone else think that was hard?) and then when I got to the last passage about the forgery I really had to rush the last couple of questions because of time.

Do you think the scores will be released earlier than the July 17th date that's posted on LSAC? Typically American test takers receive their scores before the publicized release date. Is that also true for Asia?

Somebody please answer this dear god. My anxiety is at an all-time high.

Helpmeplease

Postby Helpmeplease » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:14 pm

stuckinthemiddle wrote:
glitterfyme wrote:I definitely spent too much time on the chinese-american passage (did anyone else think that was hard?) and then when I got to the last passage about the forgery I really had to rush the last couple of questions because of time.

Also does the test get released? I know we took a different test from those in America, but whenever I took practice tests it was always "June 2010" or something like that, but I guess there were technically two "June 2010" tests, does this mean that the Asian version doesn't get released? Isn't that how we are supposed to challenge questions after the fact?

stuckinthemiddle

Postby stuckinthemiddle » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:40 pm

Yeah, unfortunately international LSATS aren't released. Awful practice, IMO, because it's such an enormous disadvantage for repeat takers outside the US. *sigh*

I wonder if we can appeal if we get a score so widely outside of our expectations.

Helpmeplease

Postby Helpmeplease » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:17 pm

stuckinthemiddle wrote:Yeah, unfortunately international LSATS aren't released. Awful practice, IMO, because it's such an enormous disadvantage for repeat takers outside the US. *sigh*

I wonder if we can appeal if we get a score so widely outside of our expectations.

Do we get a list of the right answers and a copy of our scantron at least so we can pay for a manual scoring if we think the scantron misread something?

crazyrobin

Postby crazyrobin » Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:16 am

Helpmeplease wrote:
stuckinthemiddle wrote:

Also does the test get released? I know we took a different test from those in America, but whenever I took practice tests it was always "June 2010" or something like that, but I guess there were technically two "June 2010" tests, does this mean that the Asian version doesn't get released? Isn't that how we are supposed to challenge questions after the fact?

No it will not be released. And also, just anecdotal, Asian's test somehow shows later in America's LSAT test. (This is what I heard)

Let's hope we can get our score before July 17th. This waiting time is killing me. :?

glitterfyme

Postby glitterfyme » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:01 pm

seriously. cant wait to get it back.

so we just get our percentile and score - right?

Helpmeplease

Postby Helpmeplease » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:49 pm

So close, but so far...

Helpmeplease

Postby Helpmeplease » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:44 pm

Got a 165, fuck I'm pissed

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”