anyone not able to get onto 7sage (june 20th)

flash21

anyone not able to get onto 7sage (june 20th)

Postby flash21 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:13 pm

not sure if the wifi in the local library is just bad or the site is down again

gijo

Re: anyone not able to get onto 7sage (june 20th)

Postby gijo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:41 am

Down for me too. I know they were having problems with their host. Last time they got it back pretty quick. I'm going to go to bed and hope it's up in the morning. I'm sure JY and Alan are doing everything they can.

alan-7sage

Postby alan-7sage » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:12 am

Sorry you can't access the site! Here's the announcement we put up on the 7Sage Discussion Forum earlier today:

---------

We woke up today to find that our old name server host was having intermittent problems. Luckily, we already selected a new name server host and were ready to move. We pushed forward the migration to the new name server host immediately. Thankfully this shifted most of the internet traffic to our new host before the old one failed completely.

But, there are still occasionally problems in some areas, and this will gradually get better while everything stabilizes. Access may be intermittent for a couple of days for a few students, particularly in NY USA, Turkey, China, and New Zealand. The situation was worst about 4 hours ago. It's much better now, and should be completely better in a couple of days.

There is still one more phase to the migration - changing the domain registrar - that we won't be able to do for a few days. Theoretically there should be no downtime for this, and I will do everything I can to prevent/minimize downtime.

tldr: Some of you may experience intermittent trouble accessing 7sage.com over the next couple of days, particularly in NY, Turkey, China and New Zealand.

Sorry for the trouble and thank you for your patience!

gijo

Postby gijo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:25 pm

I still can't access the site on my home computer, but I can through my cell phone (although not when I'm on home wi-fi). If I hot spot through my phone, I am able to log onto 7sage on my laptop. Otherwise it says chrome can't find it.
Any ideas? This is kind of messing up my schedule.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”