160 Curve

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby 052220151 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:27 pm

UnderrateOverachieve wrote:
deputydog wrote:
UnderrateOverachieve wrote:Gotta love that TLS mentality. Less than a 170 and a scholarship to a top 25 school and you are a retard who will never get a job. This has to be one of the most negative communities I have ever seen.

Not to burst the elitist bubble, but there are actually successful attorneys that scored lower than a 165 on the LSAT and had a sub 3.5 GPA. Based on sheer numbers alone, I would wager more make up that region than not.

I understand warning people of the dangers of going to truly pitiful institutions, but this notion of a 3.5/170 being required to even consider going to law school is fucking horrendous.


SICK strawman bro!


Sick job not adding anything to the conversation except more negativity bro! So many of the people on here seem like they are so high and mighty, but if I ran into them at a Law Review event they would be in the corner hugging their drink.

I understand being helpful. Many people I have seen on here truly just do not have their heads on straight, but that doesn't give you a license to be a complete asshole.

I had realllly low stats, 3.0/160, definitely what you guys call the special snow flake. But hey I was able to get some of school at a T70 paid for and I am in the top 15% and enjoying myself. It frightens me to think what would have happened if I listened to many of the people on this board.


Just lol at most of your bullshit, but especially the bolded.

User avatar
PourMeTea
Posts: 6508
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:32 am

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: 160 Curve

Postby Clearly » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:07 pm

Yes, we must be aspie pathetic losers because we were willing to out work you on the lsat. Get real bro. You really think that we're pathetic people because we would rather spend our 250k on top schools, where we have a shot of paying it off, instead of a t70 where the odds are tiny. You're the one attacking away on the internet..the very same thing you're chastising them for doing!

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby 052220151 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:09 pm

Clearlynotstefan wrote:Yes, we must be aspie pathetic losers because we were willing to out work you on the lsat. Get real bro. You really think that we're pathetic people because we would rather spend our 250k on top schools, where we have a shot of paying it off, instead of a t70 where the odds are tiny. You're the one attacking away on the internet..the very same thing you're chastising them for doing!


Shut up aspienerd! You're not adding anything to the discussion with your platitudes.

User avatar
Mr. Lahey
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 1:49 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby Mr. Lahey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:21 pm

armedwithamind wrote:dont go to law school if you're aiming for a 160. HTH


Absolutely not true. This is the kind of douchebaggery that defines much of TLS.
I personally know plenty of people who went to regional L-schools in the top 50 (where low 160s is the median) and have gone on to have successful law careers.

For some reason people on TLS seem to think that if you don't score above 170 and go to a T-14 law school, you cannot be a successful attorney.

UnderrateOverachieve
Posts: 412
Joined: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:34 pm

Re: 160 Curve

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:24 pm

Mr. Lahey wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:dont go to law school if you're aiming for a 160. HTH


Absolutely not true. This is the kind of douchebaggery that defines much of TLS.
I personally know plenty of people who went to regional L-schools in the top 50 (where low 160s is the median) and have gone on to have successful law careers.

For some reason people on TLS seem to think that if you don't score above 170 and go to a T-14 law school, you cannot be a successful attorney.


^---

User avatar
nyjets2090
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: 160 Curve

Postby nyjets2090 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:25 pm

Mr. Lahey wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:dont go to law school if you're aiming for a 160. HTH


Absolutely not true. This is the kind of douchebaggery that defines much of TLS.
I personally know plenty of people who went to regional L-schools in the top 50 (where low 160s is the median) and have gone on to have successful law careers.

For some reason people on TLS seem to think that if you don't score above 170 and go to a T-14 law school, you cannot be a successful attorney.


So aiming for a 160 will help for schools with medians from 161-165?

dstars823
Posts: 327
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby dstars823 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:30 pm

i mean the website is called TOP LAW SCHOOLS for a reason....

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby 052220151 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:32 pm

UnderrateOverachieve wrote:
Mr. Lahey wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:dont go to law school if you're aiming for a 160. HTH


Absolutely not true. This is the kind of douchebaggery that defines much of TLS.
I personally know plenty of people who went to regional L-schools in the top 50 (where low 160s is the median) and have gone on to have successful law careers.

For some reason people on TLS seem to think that if you don't score above 170 and go to a T-14 law school, you cannot be a successful attorney.


^---


Are you dipshits serious? No one is saying that. They are saying the shittier the school you go to, the shittier your odds of success. This is confirmed empirically.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby 052220151 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:33 pm

dstars823 wrote:i mean the website is called TOP LAW SCHOOLS for a reason....


I can't wait for shitty/mediocre-law-schools.com

User avatar
nyjets2090
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Re: 160 Curve

Postby nyjets2090 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:57 pm


User avatar
capt_slow
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: 160 Curve

Postby capt_slow » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:33 pm

Touche

User avatar
steel_shot
Posts: 116
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:35 pm

Re: 160 Curve

Postby steel_shot » Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:31 pm

Mr. Lahey wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:dont go to law school if you're aiming for a 160. HTH


Absolutely not true. This is the kind of douchebaggery that defines much of TLS.
I personally know plenty of people who went to regional L-schools in the top 50 (where low 160s is the median) and have gone on to have successful law careers.

For some reason people on TLS seem to think that if you don't score above 170 and go to a T-14 law school, you cannot be a successful attorney.


But the point is that even with a better score they may be able to get huge scholarships if they don't want to go to a T14. Lets say they get even 50k in total, for studying an extra 100 hours that would be $500 an hour, and I don't know of a much better return than that.

User avatar
Mr. Lahey
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 1:49 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby Mr. Lahey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:08 pm

Are you dipshits serious? No one is saying that. They are saying the shittier the school you go to, the shittier your odds of success. This is confirmed empirically.


^ We didn't need confirmation that you are an elitist asshole, but this really seals the deal. Just because you have a ~10-20% lower chance of securing employment does not mean you should just give up entirely on going to law school.

Also (for those of us with a modicum of social skills), the ranking of your law school does not dictate your odds of success. Hence the adage, "its not about what you know but who you know."

dstars823 wrote:i mean the website is called TOP LAW SCHOOLS for a reason....


^ So anyone who is aiming for a top 50 school should be excluded? A 160 does not relegate you to a Tier 3 or 4 school...

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: 160 Curve

Postby mindarmed » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:12 pm

There is no distinction between "Top 50" and TTT. Hope that helps.

TLSwag
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: 160 Curve

Postby TLSwag » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:18 pm

UnderrateOverachieve wrote:
Mr. Lahey wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:dont go to law school if you're aiming for a 160. HTH


Absolutely not true. This is the kind of douchebaggery that defines much of TLS.
I personally know plenty of people who went to regional L-schools in the top 50 (where low 160s is the median) and have gone on to have successful law careers.

For some reason people on TLS seem to think that if you don't score above 170 and go to a T-14 law school, you cannot be a successful attorney.


^---


just chiming in here to say this is the most obvious use of an alt i've ever witnessed on TLS. hth

edit: see also: the later use of the "^" to confirm

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby 052220151 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:20 pm

Mr. Lahey wrote:
Are you dipshits serious? No one is saying that. They are saying the shittier the school you go to, the shittier your odds of success. This is confirmed empirically.


^ We didn't need confirmation that you are an elitist asshole, but this really seals the deal. Just because you have a ~10-20% lower chance of securing employment does not mean you should just give up entirely on going to law school.

Also (for those of us with a modicum of social skills), the ranking of your law school does not dictate your odds of success. Hence the adage, "its not about what you know but who you know."

dstars823 wrote:i mean the website is called TOP LAW SCHOOLS for a reason....


^ So anyone who is aiming for a top 50 school should be excluded? A 160 does not relegate you to a Tier 3 or 4 school...


You truly are a dipshit. You should tell us more about your wonderful social skills.

That 10-20% is actually massive when you account for the differences in the actual jobs. Good luck paying off 200k with a 40k/year job.

User avatar
Mr. Lahey
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 1:49 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby Mr. Lahey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:23 pm

armedwithamind wrote:There is no distinction between "Top 50" and TTT. Hope that helps.


Ok, troll. Care to elaborate? Maybe you can start by explaining the 20-50% difference in employment and even greater differences in bar passage rates.

TLSwag
Posts: 286
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 pm

Re: 160 Curve

Postby TLSwag » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:26 pm

Mr. Lahey wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:There is no distinction between "Top 50" and TTT. Hope that helps.


Ok, troll. Care to elaborate? Maybe you can start by explaining the 20-50% difference in employment and even greater differences in bar passage rates.


LOL at 50% difference. Even assuming TTT at 0% meaningful employment, the "best" T2's are hardly at 50% for bar passage required, let alone real employment. See http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=cardozo

edit: bar passage rates? god damn we were flamed
Last edited by TLSwag on Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mr. Lahey
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 1:49 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby Mr. Lahey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 pm

deputydog wrote:
Mr. Lahey wrote:
Are you dipshits serious? No one is saying that. They are saying the shittier the school you go to, the shittier your odds of success. This is confirmed empirically.


^ We didn't need confirmation that you are an elitist asshole, but this really seals the deal. Just because you have a ~10-20% lower chance of securing employment does not mean you should just give up entirely on going to law school.

Also (for those of us with a modicum of social skills), the ranking of your law school does not dictate your odds of success. Hence the adage, "its not about what you know but who you know."

dstars823 wrote:i mean the website is called TOP LAW SCHOOLS for a reason....


^ So anyone who is aiming for a top 50 school should be excluded? A 160 does not relegate you to a Tier 3 or 4 school...


You truly are a dipshit. You should tell us more about your wonderful social skills.

That 10-20% is actually massive when you account for the differences in the actual jobs. Good luck paying off 200k with a 40k/year job.


Why are you making that assumption? Like others in this thread have noted, a dedicated graduate of a flagship state school can make six figures and graduate with very little debt.

User avatar
mindarmed
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 2:16 pm

Re: 160 Curve

Postby mindarmed » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:27 pm

Mr. Lahey wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:There is no distinction between "Top 50" and TTT. Hope that helps.


Ok, troll. Care to elaborate? Maybe you can start by explaining the 20-50% difference in employment and even greater differences in bar passage rates.


161 on the persistence bro.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby 052220151 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:34 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
Mr. Lahey wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:There is no distinction between "Top 50" and TTT. Hope that helps.


Ok, troll. Care to elaborate? Maybe you can start by explaining the 20-50% difference in employment and even greater differences in bar passage rates.


161 on the persistence bro.


The bar passage rates just sealed it. Congrats bro, you trolled me good.

User avatar
capt_slow
Posts: 286
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:08 pm

Re: 160 Curve

Postby capt_slow » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:37 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
Mr. Lahey wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:There is no distinction between "Top 50" and TTT. Hope that helps.


Ok, troll. Care to elaborate? Maybe you can start by explaining the 20-50% difference in employment and even greater differences in bar passage rates.


161 on the persistence bro.

This whole thread is full of win

User avatar
Mr. Lahey
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon May 20, 2013 1:49 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby Mr. Lahey » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:01 pm

The bar passage rates just sealed it. Congrats bro, you trolled me good.

This whole thread is full of win


Yep. You all can go back to your circle jerk now.

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: 160 Curve

Postby 052220151 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 9:04 pm

Mr. Lahey wrote:
The bar passage rates just sealed it. Congrats bro, you trolled me good.

This whole thread is full of win


Yep. You all can go back to your circle jerk now.


Seriously bro, this is at least a 170 troll.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests