160 Curve Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
osubucknut

New

160 Curve

Post by osubucknut » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:35 pm

I've seen some guesses for the 170 curve, would anyone like to guess what the 160 curve will be?

ManoftheHour

Gold

Re: 160 Curve

Post by ManoftheHour » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:51 pm

160 is TTT, which is why no one's bothered to bring it up. I'm guessing it'd probably be somewhere from -24 to -27 though.

osubucknut

New

Post by osubucknut » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:33 pm

Okay.

mindarmed

Silver

Post by mindarmed » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:22 pm

dont go to law school if you're aiming for a 160. HTH

osubucknut

New

Post by osubucknut » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:50 pm

Thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Dog

Bronze

Post by Dog » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:29 am

Probably -25 to -27 if recent years are any indication and the 170 curve is -10.

Anything less than 170 is really just the automatic retake curve for me. If you can get a 160 and haven't exhausted every prep method possible (and aren't very well connected/well off), I'd recommend shooting for a higher score.

Trajectory

Bronze

Post by Trajectory » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:07 am

OP were you shooting for a 160? Is it your target score?

osubucknut

New

Post by osubucknut » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:41 pm

No, but after what I'm anticipating to be a disastrous performance, I'm starting to get nervous.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:44 pm

Better start getting ready for October

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

osubucknut

New

Post by osubucknut » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:51 pm

When would you guys recommend starting again? I was thinking about waiting until the scores are released then hitting it hard.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:57 pm

A solid 3 months should be good

Starting sooner wouldnt hurt though

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:41 am

osubucknut wrote:When would you guys recommend starting again? I was thinking about waiting until the scores are released then hitting it hard.
No. If you aimed for 160, you need to start right away. The only reason people wait until they get their scores back is because they think they might not need to retake, and wait for the score to let confirm or disconfirm that belief. You know you need to retake. Start studying now.

stillwater

Gold

Post by stillwater » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:45 am

yeah echoing the sentiment that 160 is TTT. you needa get on that horse boy and ride it, RIDE IT because you need those fat schollys and biglaw chances.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:00 am

TheMostDangerousLG wrote: Start studying now.
Yeah, youre right.

OP likely needs as much time as possible

osubucknut

New

Post by osubucknut » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:05 am

Thanks and I will get on it right away. To clear the misunderstanding though, my goal wasn't to get a 160 and I was pting much higher than a 160, but due to what I feel was a subpar test I'm just curious.

UnderrateOverachieve

Bronze

Post by UnderrateOverachieve » Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:20 am

Gotta love that TLS mentality. Less than a 170 and a scholarship to a top 25 school and you are a retard who will never get a job. This has to be one of the most negative communities I have ever seen.

Not to burst the elitist bubble, but there are actually successful attorneys that scored lower than a 165 on the LSAT and had a sub 3.5 GPA. Based on sheer numbers alone, I would wager more make up that region than not.

I understand warning people of the dangers of going to truly pitiful institutions, but this notion of a 3.5/170 being required to even consider going to law school is fucking horrendous.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Mon Jun 17, 2013 5:59 am

UnderrateOverachieve wrote:Gotta love that TLS mentality. Less than a 170 and a scholarship to a top 25 school and you are a retard who will never get a job. This has to be one of the most negative communities I have ever seen.
Not to burst the elitist bubble, but there are actually successful attorneys that scored lower than a 165 on the LSAT and had a sub 3.5 GPA. Based on sheer numbers alone, I would wager more make up that region than not.
Keep in mind, these people payed 5,000$ a year, not 50k a year for the education, and had an economy that meant plenty of jobs for everyone...>You really cant compare 2012 applicants to other eras of applications.
I understand warning people of the dangers of going to truly pitiful institutions, but this notion of a 3.5/170 being required to even consider going to law school is fucking horrendous.
And I agree, that we are too negative, so I'm not even disagreeing with you. Just didn't like comparing boomers era to our era. They had bad numbers and got jobs, but clearly in 2012 we are not going to be so lucky.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

nyjets2090

Bronze

Post by nyjets2090 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:26 am

UnderrateOverachieve wrote:Gotta love that TLS mentality. Less than a 170 and a scholarship to a top 25 school and you are a retard who will never get a job. This has to be one of the most negative communities I have ever seen.

Which one of the following best describes a flaw in the argument's reasoning?

A) The author uses exceptional cases to justify a general principle.
B) The author shifts the meaning of a key term in the argument.
C) The author distorts the original argument and refutes that argument.
D) The author attacks the character of the person offering the argument.
E) The author confuses a sufficient condition with one that is merely necessary.

Yeah, SOME attorneys who did not go to tier 1 schools. Particularly those who went to tier 2 or lower tier 1 schools that dominate their home market. Florida can get you a decent job in Florida, Maryland in MD, etc. Still those people probably won't make biglaw and should still attend only in-state with a decent scholarship. The fact is there are alot of people that think taking out loans for the full COA at a tier 2 school is a good decision because "I'll get biglaw and pay it off." There's also people who go to LS and aren't sure they want to be a lawyer, which is another huge mistake. The fact is, while there are people who might be better off attending a lower ranked school with $$ over a T14, most people who choose the option of a lower ranked school are expecting the same career choice as T14 grads. They will be sorely disappointed in 3 years and they'll have 200K in debt.

For what it's worth, I'm glad I got the advice to retake and take CC courses to boost my GPA.

Gold

Post by 052220151 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:58 am

SICK strawman bro!

UnderrateOverachieve

Bronze

Post by UnderrateOverachieve » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:13 pm

deputydog wrote:

SICK strawman bro!
Sick job not adding anything to the conversation except more negativity bro! So many of the people on here seem like they are so high and mighty, but if I ran into them at a Law Review event they would be in the corner hugging their drink.

I understand being helpful. Many people I have seen on here truly just do not have their heads on straight, but that doesn't give you a license to be a complete asshole.

I had realllly low stats, 3.0/160, definitely what you guys call the special snow flake. But hey I was able to get some of school at a T70 paid for and I am in the top 15% and enjoying myself. It frightens me to think what would have happened if I listened to many of the people on this board.

NYstate

Gold

Post by NYstate » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:20 pm

UnderrateOverachieve wrote:
deputydog wrote:

SICK strawman bro!
Sick job not adding anything to the conversation except more negativity bro! So many of the people on here seem like they are so high and mighty, but if I ran into them at a Law Review event they would be in the corner hugging their drink.

I understand being helpful. Many people I have seen on here truly just do not have their heads on straight, but that doesn't give you a license to be a complete asshole.

I had realllly low stats, 3.0/160, definitely what you guys call the special snow flake. But hey I was able to get some of school at a T70 paid for and I am in the top 15% and enjoying myself. It frightens me to think what would have happened if I listened to many of the people on this board.

I'm curious. What advice did you get? I think so much of the push to go to a top school is based on the need to get a biglaw job to service massive debt. And, that you can't count on being the top of your class grade wise, so going to a higher ranked school gives you a better chance at a job.

What are your job prospects generally from your school if you don't mind sharing?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

meanmugger

New

Post by meanmugger » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:47 pm

deputydog wrote:

SICK strawman bro!

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

UnderrateOverachieve

Bronze

Post by UnderrateOverachieve » Mon Jun 17, 2013 2:04 pm

Haha, I will let this thread die. I would love to see into the lives of some of you guys. I can see you getting home from an awkward day of class and taking out your frustration on the internet.

I hope your good grades at a top law school can fill the void in your soul.

Otunga

Silver

Post by Otunga » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:56 pm

Great. More distortions and mischaracterizations.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”