Is there hope for me

Clyde Frog

Re: Is there hope for me

Postby Clyde Frog » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:18 pm

Try going through almost every question the LSAC has every made and writing out explanations to why each question choice is right or wrong.

retaking23

Postby retaking23 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:48 pm

capt_slow wrote:Have you thought about b-school?

Seriously, nothing can replace time with the tests... And more studying... It took me 3 months of 8 hour per day studying to get to the high 170s consistently

Please do elaborate about how you went about getting 170s (and high 170s at that) consistently. I would highly appreciate it and, I presume, OP would too.

What materials did you use? Were you drilling question types like there was no tomorrow? Were you PTing like there was no tomorrow? Were you reviewing like there was no tomorrow? Or, dare I ask, did you invoke god mode and do all of these together like there was no tomorrow?

patfeeney

Postby patfeeney » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:22 am

RobertGolddust wrote:I have been through both bibles, practiced games for a couple weeks, done a few LR sections un-timed, done 40 RC sections timed, drilled about half of Cambridge lsat must be true packet. I diagnosed at 153 after drinking the night before. Thought I would do much better considering I have been through the bibles and have some experience with the test.

Try going through the LG bible again, slower this time, doing each drill in the book twice (each take separated by a day). Go over your answers each time and learn WHY you got it wrong. With the games in the book, do each one as many times as it takes to get every question right, again, separated by at least a day each try, and going over each answer to make sure you know WHY you got it wrong. Start untimed, then when you get the hang of it, start timing yourself again.

Only after you've gone through the book again should you start hitting practice sections again. Start drilling in the 30s and 40s, then work backward. The newer sections are more strictly formatted and are quite easy, compared to the earlier ones that are sloppy and cruel.

It took me three months to get to the point where I was getting consistently -2 on games sections, and even now, after six months, I still hit problem areas every once in a while. A few weeks just won't cut it if you're hoping for perfect scores on this section.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”