Is there hope for me Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
RobertGolddust

Bronze

Is there hope for me

Post by RobertGolddust » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:14 pm

I just scored a 154 on test 54; I feel like I was ravished. I completely missed every question on one of the games, my hand was shaking the first half of the test, and I cheated a little. I thought I was on my way to being crowned an lsat king, now I feel like a retard.
Last edited by RobertGolddust on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Re: Is there hope for me

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:19 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:I just scored a 54 on test 54; I feel like I was ravished. I completely missed every question on one of the games, my hand was shaking the first half of the test, and I cheated a little. I thought I was on my way to being crowned an lsat king, now I feel like a retard.
If you scored a 54, yes, that is genuinely worrisome.

bombaysippin

Gold

Post by bombaysippin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:20 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
RobertGolddust wrote:I just scored a 54 on test 54; I feel like I was ravished. I completely missed every question on one of the games, my hand was shaking the first half of the test, and I cheated a little. I thought I was on my way to being crowned an lsat king, now I feel like a retard.
Lol...yea what she said...

*Edit for the above fix!
Last edited by bombaysippin on Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:22 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reframe

New

Post by Reframe » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:22 pm

It's normal to have some variability. Which game gave you so much trouble?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:27 pm

I have been through both bibles, practiced games for a couple weeks, done a few LR sections un-timed, done 40 RC sections timed, drilled about half of Cambridge lsat must be true packet. I diagnosed at 153 after drinking the night before. Thought I would do much better considering I have been through the bibles and have some experience with the test.

capt_slow

Bronze

Post by capt_slow » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Have you thought about b-school?

Seriously, nothing can replace time with the tests... And more studying... It took me 3 months of 8 hour per day studying to get to the high 170s consistently
Last edited by capt_slow on Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meegee

Bronze

Post by meegee » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:27 pm

Mind over matter. If there's a will, there is a way.

Is 54 a typo though? Did you mean 154? Cause I thought if you filled your name in and turned in the LSAT, you'd still get a 120. I'm not trying to be a hater, it's just that I genuinely think (or at least thought), that it is impossible to score below 120, seeing how you don't get penalized for wrong answers.

Anyway, regardless of what you scored, it is still possible to drastically raise it. Fuck diagnostic tests. Some say it helps to identify areas you're weak in but, once again, fuck that. It's like throwing you into the water when you don't know how to swim and then seeing if you're better at the backstroke or freestyle.

If you did score a 154, congrats, I believe you're technically scoring better than 50% of test-takers.

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:28 pm

And I screwed up game 3; can't tell you why because I haven't the heart to look at it yet.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

vinnnyvincenzo

Bronze

Post by vinnnyvincenzo » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:29 pm

Why would you cheat on a practice exam you are taking to guage where you are relative to where you need to be? Also why the hell were you shaking? If you are that nervous for a PT you might want to see a therapist before the real thing so you dont have a panic attack.

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:31 pm

Lol, you make an excellent point vinny.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:37 pm

154 on PT 54 = 170 on PT 70

If my calculations are correct

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:40 pm

Bajam wrote:
FTFY

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:41 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Bajam wrote:
FTFY
Thanks, MotH. :mrgreen:

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Fri Jun 14, 2013 4:41 pm

Clyde Frog wrote:154 on PT 54 = 170 on PT 70

If my calculations are correct
OP should wait a few years and take test 80.

RobertGolddust

Bronze

Post by RobertGolddust » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Addendum: I actually scored a 155 because I didn't realize the test was out of 101 questions.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:55 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:Addendum: I actually scored a 155 because I didn't realize the test was out of 101 questions.
It really doesn't matter what you scored given that you admitted to "cheating a bit".

Also, you figure out what you scored by adding up points, not by subtracting from the total; the fact that the test has 101 questions shouldn't make a difference. You should also be figuring out your score based on the exact scoring scale that accompanies each test; the scale is not the same across tests.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

flash21

Gold

Post by flash21 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:17 pm

am laughing pretty hard at this whole thread

mehiguess

Bronze

Post by mehiguess » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:20 pm

meegee wrote:Mind over matter. If there's a will, there is a way.

Is 54 a typo though? Did you mean 154? Cause I thought if you filled your name in and turned in the LSAT, you'd still get a 120. I'm not trying to be a hater, it's just that I genuinely think (or at least thought), that it is impossible to score below 120, seeing how you don't get penalized for wrong answers.

Anyway, regardless of what you scored, it is still possible to drastically raise it. Fuck diagnostic tests. Some say it helps to identify areas you're weak in but, once again, fuck that. It's like throwing you into the water when you don't know how to swim and then seeing if you're better at the backstroke or freestyle.

If you did score a 154, congrats, I believe you're technically scoring better than 50% of test-takers.

OP clearly stated he got a 154 on PT 54

bombaysippin

Gold

Post by bombaysippin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:25 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Bajam wrote:
FTFY
Ahh, my apologies. Hopefully will not do it again! :oops:

bombaysippin

Gold

Post by bombaysippin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:29 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Bajam wrote:
FTFY
Ahh, my apologies. Hopefully will not do it again! :oops:

As to the OP...you gotta relax a bit. Like Vinny said....I don't see how you can get so worked up on a prep test...

As for where you are in your studies...it does not seem like you have gotten that far. "Going through" the bibles doesn't mean much in my opinion. If you haven't prepped enough and gotten down the basic fundamentals enough for the LSAT, it will reflect in your score. Until then you don't have much to be panicked about.

You just have to study more and see if that helps. If not, then you can panic.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Typhoon24

Silver

Post by Typhoon24 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:49 pm

There's always hope if you're willing to put in the effort.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:52 pm

Typhoon24 wrote:There's always hope if you're willing to put in the effort.
</thread>

meegee

Bronze

Post by meegee » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:22 pm

mehiguess wrote:
meegee wrote:Mind over matter. If there's a will, there is a way.

OP clearly stated he got a 154 on PT 54
I agree with dangerous LG. End of thread.

OP went back and edited the typo. At the time of writing my response, he/she wrote 54. Look at the second post, the one by most dangerous LG, the quote has it.

Not trying to be a dick, but I don't see why you're being so pedantic. Go correct someone's grammar on Youtube if you're feeling like Captain must correct everything. Have fun.

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:43 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:I have been through both bibles, practiced games for a couple weeks, done a few LR sections un-timed, done 40 RC sections timed, drilled about half of Cambridge lsat must be true packet. I diagnosed at 153 after drinking the night before. Thought I would do much better considering I have been through the bibles and have some experience with the test.
In all seriousness, the amount of prep you've put in is a drop in the bucket compared to most people here.

If you're not well versed with logical reasoning through some college course/pattern recognition through sudoku or other various mind games out there, the LSAT is a nightmare to start on, and it takes months of extensive study to get good at the test.

Read through the guides at the top and the various threads here.

And going through the bibles means diddly-squat if you weren't actually working through it. Going through the motions=/=working or studying.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”