The Official June 2014 Study Group

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:08 pm

5 Games in 30 minutes and 54 seconds

-4

two errors were stupid mistakes

two errors were genuine wtf moments

User avatar
I<3soulcrushingdebt
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby I<3soulcrushingdebt » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:12 pm

Since I am a glutton for self punishment and mental torture, I will also be checking in.

inlovewithpiper
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby inlovewithpiper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:29 pm

Checking in.

162 from June 2013, 165 from December 2013.

I'm not 100% sure I'll actually wait the cycle or just re-adjust my school list and apply now, but I figure I may as well join the re-takers club.

As an aside, I've never participated in a TLS prep-thread, so this should be fun.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:11 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thejerseykid
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby thejerseykid » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:16 pm

inlovewithpiper wrote:Checking in.

162 from June 2013, 165 from December 2013.

I'm not 100% sure I'll actually wait the cycle or just re-adjust my school list and apply now, but I figure I may as well join the re-takers club.

As an aside, I've never participated in a TLS prep-thread, so this should be fun.


Hey piper! Fancy seeing you here.

I had to take some time to mentally prepare myself to check in because I don't want to think about taking yet another year off.

I'm still going to apply this cycle and see how things play out. If I end up not getting any good offers and I see a significant improvement in my June exam, I figure it'll make it a lot easier to just bite the bullet and wait two months to reapply.

Despite this being my third attempt at the LSAT, I've also never participated in a prep-thread so looking forward to that as well.

User avatar
thejerseykid
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby thejerseykid » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:18 pm

vicpin5190 wrote:I'm kinda checking in. Feeling out this cycle and then may come back and retry in June. 165 in my first take. Pretty off on my PT average but considering i scored 148 cold it was a good improvement.

That being said I'll probably jump in here time to time.


I see we're getting a few December takers here. Taking the same approach as you vicpin. Hopefully the cycle plays out well for us (I got a 165 as well) but, if it doesn't, I'll be seeing you around.

inlovewithpiper
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby inlovewithpiper » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:22 pm

thejerseykid wrote:
inlovewithpiper wrote:Checking in.

162 from June 2013, 165 from December 2013.

I'm not 100% sure I'll actually wait the cycle or just re-adjust my school list and apply now, but I figure I may as well join the re-takers club.

As an aside, I've never participated in a TLS prep-thread, so this should be fun.


Hey piper! Fancy seeing you here.

I had to take some time to mentally prepare myself to check in because I don't want to think about taking yet another year off.

I'm still going to apply this cycle and see how things play out. If I end up not getting any good offers and I see a significant improvement in my June exam, I figure it'll make it a lot easier to just bite the bullet and wait two months to reapply.

Despite this being my third attempt at the LSAT, I've also never participated in a prep-thread so looking forward to that as well.


Yep - I'm literally in the exact same place as you. I'm sending off apps to my schools (even Columbia which, let's face it, is gonna reject me :oops: ) and hoping for the best. Maybe my PS/DS + softs will help more than I think and with the application decline, hopefully things won't be so terrible that I make adcoms feel bad for me and/or laugh.

If no offers to any acceptable schools (I'm thinking Cornell/UT/Vandy are my cutoffs) then I'll be June-ing it. I'm glad to be here in a really weird way. It seems almost nostalgic to be starting back at PTs, but what can you do? :mrgreen:

User avatar
thejerseykid
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby thejerseykid » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:31 pm

inlovewithpiper wrote:
thejerseykid wrote:
inlovewithpiper wrote:Checking in.

162 from June 2013, 165 from December 2013.

I'm not 100% sure I'll actually wait the cycle or just re-adjust my school list and apply now, but I figure I may as well join the re-takers club.

As an aside, I've never participated in a TLS prep-thread, so this should be fun.


Hey piper! Fancy seeing you here.

I had to take some time to mentally prepare myself to check in because I don't want to think about taking yet another year off.

I'm still going to apply this cycle and see how things play out. If I end up not getting any good offers and I see a significant improvement in my June exam, I figure it'll make it a lot easier to just bite the bullet and wait two months to reapply.

Despite this being my third attempt at the LSAT, I've also never participated in a prep-thread so looking forward to that as well.


Yep - I'm literally in the exact same place as you. I'm sending off apps to my schools (even Columbia which, let's face it, is gonna reject me :oops: ) and hoping for the best. Maybe my PS/DS + softs will help more than I think and with the application decline, hopefully things won't be so terrible that I make adcoms feel bad for me and/or laugh.

If no offers to any acceptable schools (I'm thinking Cornell/UT/Vandy are my cutoffs) then I'll be June-ing it. I'm glad to be here in a really weird way. It seems almost nostalgic to be starting back at PTs, but what can you do? :mrgreen:


Absolutely. I'm going to have little to no fresh material to work with for this prep but, I reused material when studying for December and I didn't find it to be too much of a problem.

Also get what you mean about being here again. After a while of preping, I always start to enjoy the process (except for LR which kind of makes my head spin at times). :lol:

User avatar
usernotfound
Posts: 292
Joined: Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby usernotfound » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Checking in.

User avatar
Trojan18940
Posts: 26
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:05 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby Trojan18940 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:50 pm

Checking in. 157 Oct. 2013 to 156 Dec. 2013. Very surprised that I did not see improvement.

Congratulations to everyone who saw improvement from their previous administration.

To those whose scores did not increase and are retaking, be optimistic and use the experience as motivation to do better.

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:52 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
thejerseykid
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby thejerseykid » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:00 am

vicpin5190 wrote:
thejerseykid wrote:
inlovewithpiper wrote:Checking in.

162 from June 2013, 165 from December 2013.

I'm not 100% sure I'll actually wait the cycle or just re-adjust my school list and apply now, but I figure I may as well join the re-takers club.

As an aside, I've never participated in a TLS prep-thread, so this should be fun.


Hey piper! Fancy seeing you here.

I had to take some time to mentally prepare myself to check in because I don't want to think about taking yet another year off.

I'm still going to apply this cycle and see how things play out. If I end up not getting any good offers and I see a significant improvement in my June exam, I figure it'll make it a lot easier to just bite the bullet and wait two months to reapply.

Despite this being my third attempt at the LSAT, I've also never participated in a prep-thread so looking forward to that as well.


I feel like 165 is kinda the in between score. Puts us at a weird position in the application process. Hopefully luck is on our side.


Yes. Completely agree with you there.

I've been searching around the forum, though, and I am happy to report that it seems that an improvement in June can be enough to help get off waitlists and negotiate scholarship money so, while this provides no guarantees, it does give us reason to be hopeful that any offers we do get can be improved with a bump in June.

User avatar
Louis1127
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby Louis1127 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:30 am

For those of who who are retaking Dec 2013 (for June 2013), I have a questions for you:

Are you going to study for games differently this time than you did for June? I went through about 100 pages of the Dec waiting thread and it seems like 90 percent of ppl said games were harder than they expected. Now that scores have been released, I am seeing alot of "I PT -0 on LG and I got -5 on this test".

It will be interesting when they release PT 71 to say the least.

inlovewithpiper
Posts: 137
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby inlovewithpiper » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:39 am

Louis1127 wrote:For those of who who are retaking Dec 2013 (for June 2013), I have a questions for you:

Are you going to study for games differently this time than you did for June? I went through about 100 pages of the Dec waiting thread and it seems like 90 percent of ppl said games were harder than they expected. Now that scores have been released, I am seeing alot of "I PT -0 on LG and I got -5 on this test".

It will be interesting when they release PT 71 to say the least.


I can't speak to this because my LG score actually improved from my PT average to December.

I can say, though, I will not underestimate LR ever again. I went -0, -4 in June to -6,-6 in December. Just when I thought I had that section to a very manageable place...

User avatar
thejerseykid
Posts: 466
Joined: Sat May 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby thejerseykid » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:53 am

Louis1127 wrote:For those of who who are retaking Dec 2013 (for June 2013), I have a questions for you:

Are you going to study for games differently this time than you did for June? I went through about 100 pages of the Dec waiting thread and it seems like 90 percent of ppl said games were harder than they expected. Now that scores have been released, I am seeing alot of "I PT -0 on LG and I got -5 on this test".

It will be interesting when they release PT 71 to say the least.


Well, I wasn't pting -0 on games even before the December exam so I will definitely be taking a different approach this time around. For December I only used the PowerScore Bible and did a bit of drilling to prepare for LG.

This time around, I'm planning on checking out the Manhattan LG book and incorporating the 7sage LG explanations a lot more into my review process as I found those to be really helpful but, unfortunately, only discovered the site two days before my retake.

Also planning on doing a lot more focused drilling as opposed to taking a lot of full length practice tests and blind reviewing each game I drill before looking at answers.

While preping for LG, I felt that my biggest issues were with setting up the question quickly while developing a good enough understanding of the rules. I'm thinking the only way I'll be able to fix this is by drilling a lot of LG questions and exposing myself to different techniques/approaches to viewing the information in each question.

I'm not sure how effective this new approach will be as most of this stuff I only found out about after taking the exam but, I've seen it pop up over the site so I figure I'd give it a try. How have you guys been preparing for LG up until now?

User avatar
vicpin5190
Posts: 743
Joined: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:12 pm

Post removed.

Postby vicpin5190 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:02 am

Post removed.
Last edited by vicpin5190 on Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
CandyCrushed
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:41 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby CandyCrushed » Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:07 am

attackpizza wrote:
C4271066 wrote:Anyone else besides me and All Star here from the December exam ready to hit the books once again? :x

me!

NotHermione
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby NotHermione » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:12 am

Checking in!

Was scoring 167-170 before December & then had a fatal bubbling error. Shooting for 175+ in June.

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:55 am

NotHermione wrote:Checking in!

Was scoring 167-170 before December & then had a fatal bubbling error. Shooting for 175+ in June.


You know you can have LSAC hand grade your test and if there is an obvious bubbling error they will give you the benefit of the doubt.


that's what I thought... or heard...

lawschoolflow
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:34 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby lawschoolflow » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:48 am

Checking in. December LSAT taker. Didn't get what I've wanted. Looking to prepare for June instead of rushing for February test.

primordialnoodle
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:39 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby primordialnoodle » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:43 am

Checking in. Been lurking on this site for a while but finally created an account!

User avatar
sashafierce
Posts: 454
Joined: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:44 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby sashafierce » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:11 am

Checking in, score decreased from October to December. Going to send out apps and hope for the best while prepping for an improved score in June.

I plan to actively participate in the thread, hopefully that would help keep me motivated :D

My worst section is LG so I going to start with that. I am thinking about taking the 7sage premium course. Has anyone here taken a 7sage course? (its the only one I can afford :oops: )

User avatar
I<3soulcrushingdebt
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby I<3soulcrushingdebt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:09 am

Louis1127 wrote:For those of who who are retaking Dec 2013 (for June 2013), I have a questions for you:

Are you going to study for games differently this time than you did for June? I went through about 100 pages of the Dec waiting thread and it seems like 90 percent of ppl said games were harder than they expected. Now that scores have been released, I am seeing alot of "I PT -0 on LG and I got -5 on this test".

It will be interesting when they release PT 71 to say the least.


I think I am going to be using the Manhattan logical reasoning books for LR, because the previous strategy I learned was terrible. I've heard from this forum that they are the most effective, so hopefully that is the case. As for RC, I still am not sure what to do. My problem is not understanding the passages. If I had to write a thorough essay on every section I could very easily do it. My problem is the seemingly benign questions they ask always trip me up--- I always get it down to the last two options and have the unfortunate "luck" of picking the wrong one. Does anyone have/had this problem, and are there any solutions to this?

User avatar
1Lin2015
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:23 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby 1Lin2015 » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:13 am

Checking in. I've been a long-time TLS lurker. I wanted to thank everyone for all the (indirect) help I've received.

I've been postponing taking the test, but I'm using this as a way to commit to June. Let's study hard.

User avatar
I<3soulcrushingdebt
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:39 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby I<3soulcrushingdebt » Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:14 am

sashafierce wrote:Checking in, score decreased from October to December. Going to send out apps and hope for the best while prepping for an improved score in June.

I plan to actively participate in the thread, hopefully that would help keep me motivated :D

My worst section is LG so I going to start with that. I am thinking about taking the 7sage premium course. Has anyone here taken a 7sage course? (its the only one I can afford :oops: )


I can attest that 7 sage's free online youtube are brilliant. The individual who creates these takes problems from PT's and breaks them down visually into very understandable solutions.... It helped me anyway. Usually I just searched "LSAT practice test X game (number)" and they would immediately appear. The benefit is that it is free, the problem is that you'll still need access to PTs




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], MrSam, Tazewell and 18 guests