The Official June 2014 Study Group

User avatar
WaltGrace83
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby WaltGrace83 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:32 pm

-4 on 69, Section 1 LR

GRRRRRRRR

Every question except one that I got wrong was on a question type I haven't drilled yet, which is promising. I got 2 determine the function questions wrong and 1 "most useful" (?) question wrong. I feel like I am going to need to brush up on my weakening skills despite the fact that I just got done drilling them. I felt the least confident on those. .

jimmymac
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:36 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby jimmymac » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:50 pm

Just did 66-70 on back to back to back to back to back days. Pretty inconsistent performance. Also, first time seeing these tests.

66: 174, solid across the board
67: 168, -7 on RC, yuck
68: 177, one of my best tests
69: 170, -7 on RC, ughh
70: 174, -4 on RC

Not an awful average, my goal is 173+

The RC inconsistency scares me, but I've recently slowed down, done the cambridge toughest passages, and feel more comfortable. Almost there! Keeping my confidence up.

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby rebexness » Wed Jun 04, 2014 4:55 pm

CincinnatusND wrote:
rebexness wrote:I do as much of the work on the first page with the setup, as possible.
I'm thinking that this will be more annoying using a PT book versus printed sheets that can easily be shuffled around.


What? Are the sheets not stapled together into a booklet in the actual exam?


They are.

akechi
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:38 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby akechi » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:01 pm

berkeleynick wrote:Who else is immune to coffee now?


+1...

I didn't even drink caffeine during my undergrad at Cal and now I feel like I need a straight IV of it in order to feel anything.

berkeleynick
Posts: 96
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:21 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby berkeleynick » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:09 pm

akechi wrote:
berkeleynick wrote:Who else is immune to coffee now?


+1...

I didn't even drink caffeine during my undergrad at Cal and now I feel like I need a straight IV of it in order to feel anything.


Haha woo Go Bears! I drank caffeine but it was less out of necessity and more about fitting in to the college stereotype...hahaha. If that makes any sense.

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:16 pm

I'm really worried about LG.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby DaRascal » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:21 pm

I bought the Manhattan LSAT 10 Real Exams Grouped By Question Type book today. I worked through it for about five hours in the library but I was still getting a handful wrong on the assumption sets and I was taking longer than usual and had to reread the stimuli a lot. I even found myself second guessing my selections (which I rarely do) but, except for one of those, I was correct.
Are these signs of maybe being a bit of burnt out? Should I hold off until the weekend to go through the rest of the book?

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:30 pm

I'd keep pushing through.

There is no such things as burnout five days before the exam.

The light at at the end of the tunnel is there.

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:05 pm

I think during the exam I'm going to do the games in this order - 1,2,4,3.

Any thoughts?

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby rebexness » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:09 pm

louierodriguez wrote:I think during the exam I'm going to do the games in this order - 1,2,4,3.

Any thoughts?


Do them in order. If you get stuck early on, move QUICKLY to the next game.

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1744
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:13 pm

louierodriguez wrote:I think during the exam I'm going to do the games in this order - 1,2,4,3.

Any thoughts?


Generally the 4th game is the hardest of the section (ie Zones (PT67)), so you don't want that to mess with your confidence going in to the last game (game 3). I'd also suggest going in order; build up your confidence as you work through the section to tackle that 4th game.

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:15 pm

What are you doing Sunday, homies?

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby rebexness » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:17 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:What are you doing Sunday, homies?


Brunch and then a PT/review.
After the PT I may go for a 5k walk, followed by painting my nails before bed.

yah i plan too much

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:18 pm

rebexness wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:What are you doing Sunday, homies?


Brunch and then a PT/review.
After the PT I may go for a 5k walk, followed by painting my nails before bed.

yah i plan too much


totally thought rebexness was a dude this whole time

mind = blown

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby rebexness » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:20 pm

louierodriguez wrote:
totally thought rebexness was a dude this whole time

mind = blown


whoa check ur privilege breh.

User avatar
CincinnatusND
Posts: 134
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:54 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby CincinnatusND » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:22 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:What are you doing Sunday, homies?


Torn between doing a full PT and just taking the entire day off.

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:30 pm

rebexness wrote:
louierodriguez wrote:
totally thought rebexness was a dude this whole time

mind = blown


whoa check ur privilege breh.


huh

User avatar
Atmosphere
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:34 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby Atmosphere » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:36 pm

louierodriguez wrote:
rebexness wrote:
louierodriguez wrote:
totally thought rebexness was a dude this whole time

mind = blown


whoa check ur privilege breh.


huh


Jokes

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby DaRascal » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:42 pm

Ok looks like I righted the ship a little bit. 15 in a row correct on the assumption sets.

Btw, why do people advocate looking through the games/passages and deciding which ones to attack first? Shouldn't you just approach them all with confidence knowing you'll have to do them all and will be wasting precious seconds flipping through to pick and choose? Is that just a psychological strategy?

rebexness
Posts: 4163
Joined: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:24 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby rebexness » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:45 pm

DaRascal wrote:Btw, why do people advocate looking through the games/passages and deciding which ones to attack first? Shouldn't you just approach them all with confidence knowing you'll have to do them all and will be wasting precious seconds flipping through to pick and choose? Is that just a psychological strategy?


If I am running out of time in RC, I will occasionally go to the passage that has more questions first.

User avatar
CardozoLaw09
Posts: 1744
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:58 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:47 pm

DaRascal wrote: Shouldn't you just approach them all with confidence


For sure!

And I think people decide which ones to attack first because of timing; you want to finish the "easier" ones first so you have more time to spend on the seemingly harder ones. But I agree it's a waste of precious time flipping through the section -- attack them in succession with confidence; hopefully gradually gaining more confidence as you work your way through a section.

User avatar
dd235
Posts: 210
Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:33 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby dd235 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:54 pm

louierodriguez wrote:
rebexness wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:What are you doing Sunday, homies?


Brunch and then a PT/review.
After the PT I may go for a 5k walk, followed by painting my nails before bed.

yah i plan too much


totally thought rebexness was a dude this whole time

mind = blown


HAHA!!!

I'm taking sunday off!!!!

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:50 pm

DaRascal wrote:Ok looks like I righted the ship a little bit. 15 in a row correct on the assumption sets.

Btw, why do people advocate looking through the games/passages and deciding which ones to attack first? Shouldn't you just approach them all with confidence knowing you'll have to do them all and will be wasting precious seconds flipping through to pick and choose? Is that just a psychological strategy?


I definitely do the passages in order of # of questions because I almost always run out of time

User avatar
BaberhamLincoln
Posts: 2973
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:50 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby BaberhamLincoln » Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Great. 163 on pt66. Averaging 163.
What the actual fuck. I don't know what I could have done differently studying for this test.

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:00 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:Great. 163 on pt66. Averaging 163.
What the actual fuck. I don't know what I could have done differently studying for this test.


what was the breakdown?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests