The Official June 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jk148706

Gold

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Post by jk148706 » Fri May 30, 2014 10:55 am

Last edited by jk148706 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lurj

New

Post by lurj » Fri May 30, 2014 10:55 am

Calbears123 wrote:Took 4 days off (well mostly because of work) after my worst score in like 3 months on PT 62 (166). Took PT 63 today

LR1 -1
LG -0
LR2 -0
RC -4

Score 175

Some thoughts on PT 63. LR seemed straight forward as hell, as long as you read every answer question you weren't going to get tricked. Guess thats why the curve was only -10. LG 1 2 and 4 were probably some of the easiest I've ever seen. The amount of time it took me to finish the game was the amount of time it took for me to diagram the rules and write down hypotheticals for the local questions. Game 3 was long and pretty hard imo. 2 either but not both rules. Had to take this one slow or else I would have missed something. I think the game took me 15 minutes. The first and third reading passage were not difficult, but the 2nd one about that women writer had some difficult answer choices, and that was probably one of the harder comparative passages I've done
I got destroyed on PT62 as well. Dont really know what it was.. Just kept missing LR questions I was 50/50 on. And then one of the games killed mea s well.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri May 30, 2014 12:34 pm

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri May 30, 2014 2:41 pm

PT 60 Section 1 Question 23

I really don't understand this question.

I sort of understand how the answer choice makes sense.

But I would have never gotten there on my own.

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:46 pm

louierodriguez wrote:PT 60 Section 1 Question 23

I really don't understand this question.

I sort of understand how the answer choice makes sense.

But I would have never gotten there on my own.
That was a cool question. I'll try and remember to explain it after a nap. I just got two hours of studying in (drilling Parallel Flaw) but my brain is too tired right now - terrible sleep last night for some reason.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

MtnGinger

Bronze

Post by MtnGinger » Fri May 30, 2014 2:52 pm

So I went against my best judgement and began a relationship with a close friend back in March. And of course we just broke up over my lack of time to be with him, even though I promised it would all be over in two weeks. Now I can't even focus. I know a lot of you guys have had relationship issues with the LSAT. Any advice to get my head back into it? I've finished 1 RC section over the past 5 days!! I need to study. :(

BaberhamLincoln

Gold

Post by BaberhamLincoln » Fri May 30, 2014 3:05 pm

MtnGinger wrote:So I went against my best judgement and began a relationship with a close friend back in March. And of course we just broke up over my lack of time to be with him, even though I promised it would all be over in two weeks. Now I can't even focus. I know a lot of you guys have had relationship issues with the LSAT. Any advice to get my head back into it? I've finished 1 RC section over the past 5 days!! I need to study. :(

Hot yoga.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri May 30, 2014 3:36 pm

MtnGinger wrote:So I went against my best judgement and began a relationship with a close friend back in March. And of course we just broke up over my lack of time to be with him, even though I promised it would all be over in two weeks. Now I can't even focus. I know a lot of you guys have had relationship issues with the LSAT. Any advice to get my head back into it? I've finished 1 RC section over the past 5 days!! I need to study. :(
Just do work. Take a drive and go study somewhere you've never studied.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Fri May 30, 2014 3:46 pm

The LSAT just wants to know how logical you can be while someone holds a gun to your head.

I believe in all of you.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dd235

Bronze

Post by dd235 » Fri May 30, 2014 3:51 pm

Sorry to hear this. My advice would be to just keep yourself busy. Drill, PT, Netflix, Repeat.

We're all here for you though if you want to vent :)

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Fri May 30, 2014 4:08 pm

You can do this! You didn't sacrifice all your time and energy into studying just for a break-up to stand between you and the score you deserve!

On that note, I was wondering what everyone thought about possibly postponing for September? I'm definitely not scoring where I want to be scoring and the exam is just so close. I currently have a 4.0 GPA and don't want my GPA to basically become meaningless when coupled with a low LSAT score ;(.

dd235

Bronze

Post by dd235 » Fri May 30, 2014 4:21 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:On that note, I was wondering what everyone thought about possibly postponing for September? I'm definitely not scoring where I want to be scoring and the exam is just so close. I currently have a 4.0 GPA and don't want my GPA to basically become meaningless when coupled with a low LSAT score ;(.
What have your last few PTs been and what score are you hoping to get in June?

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Fri May 30, 2014 4:32 pm

dd235 wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:On that note, I was wondering what everyone thought about possibly postponing for September? I'm definitely not scoring where I want to be scoring and the exam is just so close. I currently have a 4.0 GPA and don't want my GPA to basically become meaningless when coupled with a low LSAT score ;(.
This is kind of embarrassing but my last three: 155, 156 and 157 (in that order). My "peak" was 163 and I am aiming for (kind of unrealistic at this point) above a 170. :cry: Honestly, RC is what's killing me at this point. I've never been a very fast reader so I think that trying to read fast to get to all the passages and questions is not really helping. (And now with the comparative reading... it's just not helping. I was doing much better on the 30s preptests).

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Fri May 30, 2014 4:36 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
dd235 wrote:
This is kind of embarrassing but my last three: 155, 156 and 157 (in that order). My "peak" was 163 and I am aiming for (kind of unrealistic at this point) above a 170. :cry: Honestly, RC is what's killing me at this point. I've never been a very fast reader so I think that trying to read fast to get to all the passages and questions is not really helping. (And now with the comparative reading... it's just not helping. I was doing much better on the 30s preptests).
Not embarrassing - we all start and end in different places. What are your breakdowns? How long have you been studying? What have you been doing so far?

Calbears123

Bronze

Post by Calbears123 » Fri May 30, 2014 4:45 pm

PT in the 60's seem to be all over the place in difficulty. 62 was a killer 63 was easy 64 had some really hard LR. This is really my only problem with the LSAT. The difference on test day for me between a 168 and a 170+ comes down to hopefully getting a game that plays to my strength

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Fri May 30, 2014 4:46 pm

WaltGrace83 wrote:
WorldsCollide wrote:
dd235 wrote:
Not embarrassing - we all start and end in different places. What are your breakdowns? How long have you been studying? What have you been doing so far?
It really fluctuates. On reading comprehension I have gotten anywhere from 15 correct to 21 correct. Logical Reasoning from about 35-41 correct and after taking a few days to drill LG I have gotten about -2 on a section (which are usually questions I don't get to as opposed to ones I solve incorrectly).

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Fri May 30, 2014 5:50 pm

-2 on PT62 section 2 LR. Fairly happy with that but I still feel like my two mistakes were careless. I have been doing so much concentrated drilling I was just ITCHING for some mixed stuff.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Fri May 30, 2014 6:35 pm

Over the past few weeks, I've been drilling games and RC (and reviewing of course) like crazy. And I have neglected LR, which was a big mistake. I tired some level four flaw questions today and got burned badly (50 percent accuracy).

Now I ma going to go back and drill LR assumption family type questions from 1-39 (not all of them, just some hard ones).

On the bright side, i do think I am getting better at RC and games. but it was frustrating to see that I am still not an LR master.

Back to drilling!

I delayed to Sept by the way.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Fri May 30, 2014 7:38 pm

WaltGrace83 wrote:-2 on PT62 section 2 LR. Fairly happy with that but I still feel like my two mistakes were careless. I have been doing so much concentrated drilling I was just ITCHING for some mixed stuff.
PT 62 will wear you out. Easy to make a careless mistake in the last section.

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Fri May 30, 2014 8:28 pm

Does anyone else feel the same way I do? After drilling for days and days on a question type, I am just dying for some real action!

WorldsCollide

Bronze

Post by WorldsCollide » Fri May 30, 2014 11:00 pm

Louis1127 wrote: Now I ma going to go back and drill LR assumption family type questions from 1-39 (not all of them, just some hard ones).
Is there anywhere online that states what type is each LR question?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CocoSunshine

New

Post by CocoSunshine » Sat May 31, 2014 8:09 am

WorldsCollide wrote:
dd235 wrote:
Master two of the sections then you should score above 170. Try to get LG & LR down first (LG for -0/1 and LR for -1/3). RC is my weak point as well, but a solid performance on LG & LR makes me safely land on 170s.
At this point, I recommend you to postpone. With a sub-170s, You can get into HLS:)

CocoSunshine

New

Post by CocoSunshine » Sat May 31, 2014 8:17 am

WaltGrace83 wrote:-2 on PT62 section 2 LR. Fairly happy with that but I still feel like my two mistakes were careless. I have been doing so much concentrated drilling I was just ITCHING for some mixed stuff.
Your hard work pays off. In many posts I visited on the Manhattan forum, I saw you there too.
I feel that careless mistakes are my biggest enemy at this stage. Sometimes It was hard for me to concentrate under test pressure.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Sat May 31, 2014 3:24 pm

Summertime sadness

Just working on one of the hardest logic games ever! PT 60 Game 4

Cambridge LSAT

Bronze

Post by Cambridge LSAT » Sat May 31, 2014 3:37 pm

WorldsCollide wrote:
Louis1127 wrote: Now I ma going to go back and drill LR assumption family type questions from 1-39 (not all of them, just some hard ones).
Is there anywhere online that states what type is each LR question?
You can filter for LR on our (link removed).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”