The Official June 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
rebexness

Gold

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Post by rebexness » Tue May 06, 2014 7:17 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
rebexness wrote:I wish I had that kind of spare time :(
I can sometimes drill LR questions at work, but thats about it.
i took a week off just to study for LSAT (catch up on anything i fell behind…such as LG)
My 10 days study vacay starts tomorrow :) (I'm doing PTs 66-71 as 6 sections, plus a LOT of RC drilling, and finishing the cambridge LG packets (about 2/3 done)

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 06, 2014 7:27 pm

rebexness wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:
rebexness wrote:I wish I had that kind of spare time :(
I can sometimes drill LR questions at work, but thats about it.
i took a week off just to study for LSAT (catch up on anything i fell behind…such as LG)
My 10 days study vacay starts tomorrow :) (I'm doing PTs 66-71 as 6 sections, plus a LOT of RC drilling, and finishing the cambridge LG packets (about 2/3 done)
We have similar goals…by the end of sunday i have to have all cambridge packets complete… all LG done, and all RC done…then ill be taking PT's until June. Thats my plan... :mrgreen:

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Tue May 06, 2014 7:39 pm

Yeah I just finished printing previously done PT sections to be my 5th/6th section (any LR over -4, any RC over -4, any LG over -2).

There does seem to be a lot of people missing lately! Hopefully they are just going hard with studying!

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Tue May 06, 2014 7:42 pm

Oh don't worry, I'm here :o

I'm drilling games form 1-39 to the max. -15 on my first PT is unacceptable. If I get that down, I'll be approaching 160.

I am also drilling RC (although not as much) and today I went over some resolve the paradox questions, which I can't seem to do well under the clock. Hopefully drilling and carefully reviewing will help me overcome this hurdle.

santoki

Silver

Post by santoki » Tue May 06, 2014 7:45 pm

Walt, I couldn't pinpoint exactly how LR got stranger, but it has been mentioned on TLS before in regards to the recent exams.

Sorry to throw it out there without having facts to back it up... :oops:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

agalfano

New

Post by agalfano » Tue May 06, 2014 8:01 pm

Drilled 40 MBT questions today, and I was happy with getting 36 correct! I split them up: 10 level 1's, 10 level 2's and so on! I am going to re-read the Manhattan LR this week and finish my remaining cambridge packets accordingly! Then PT's til I drop!

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 06, 2014 8:02 pm

rebexness wrote:Yeah I just finished printing previously done PT sections to be my 5th/6th section (any LR over -4, any RC over -4, any LG over -2).

There does seem to be a lot of people missing lately! Hopefully they are just going hard with studying!
I hope they didn't withdraw…

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 06, 2014 8:11 pm

agalfano wrote:Drilled 40 MBT questions today, and I was happy with getting 36 correct! I split them up: 10 level 1's, 10 level 2's and so on! I am going to re-read the Manhattan LR this week and finish my remaining cambridge packets accordingly! Then PT's til I drop!
Yayy :)

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Louis1127 wrote:Oh don't worry, I'm here :o

I'm drilling games form 1-39 to the max. -15 on my first PT is unacceptable. If I get that down, I'll be approaching 160.

I am also drilling RC (although not as much) and today I went over some resolve the paradox questions, which I can't seem to do well under the clock. Hopefully drilling and carefully reviewing will help me overcome this hurdle.
Don't give up! We are here to help you if you need anything from us. Im sure you can do it. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Tue May 06, 2014 8:15 pm

Louis1127 wrote:Oh don't worry, I'm here :o

Approaching? Dude I think you'd be in the mid 160s if I remember your breakdowns correctly. We have lots of work to do but we'll get to hitting those 170s in no time a significant amount of time that will be worth it in the end!

gnomgnomuch

Silver

Post by gnomgnomuch » Tue May 06, 2014 9:03 pm

Drilled weaken questions today.

75/81........ even though they were mostly lvl 1 questions, im dam proud of that. +/- and flaw questions were my nightmare when I first started prep.

santoki

Silver

Post by santoki » Tue May 06, 2014 9:26 pm

I recommend you guys using the Cambridge Excel Spreadsheets that allow you to input your PT answers and it shows you the %s for which types of questions you got wrong, etc. It's showing me my weakness, although there aren't too many tests in there yet.

Yeah I'm not sure why this thread is so inactive...but if it means less test takers, doesn't it mean better chances this cycle? Okay...I won't read into it like that.

I just wish this thread was poppin'--it's a great motivator. :)

gnomgnomuch

Silver

Post by gnomgnomuch » Tue May 06, 2014 9:27 pm

santoki wrote:I recommend you guys using the Cambridge Excel Spreadsheets that allow you to input your PT answers and it shows you the %s for which types of questions you got wrong, etc. It's showing me my weakness, although there aren't too many tests in there yet.

Yeah I'm not sure why this thread is so inactive...but if it means less test takers, doesn't it mean better chances this cycle? Okay...I won't read into it like that.

A fair amount of us have started to seriously consider postponing it seems... ive already decided to do so lol, im only on this thread because of the insane motivation I get from people like walt.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 06, 2014 9:28 pm

gnomgnomuch wrote:Drilled weaken questions today.

75/81........ even though they were mostly lvl 1 questions, im dam proud of that. +/- and flaw questions were my nightmare when I first started prep.
flaw continues to be my nightmare...

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 06, 2014 9:28 pm

gnomgnomuch wrote:
santoki wrote:I recommend you guys using the Cambridge Excel Spreadsheets that allow you to input your PT answers and it shows you the %s for which types of questions you got wrong, etc. It's showing me my weakness, although there aren't too many tests in there yet.

A fair amount of us have started to seriously consider postponing it seems... ive already decided to do so lol, im only on this thread because of the insane motivation I get from people like walt.
it could be assumed thats the case...

gnomgnomuch

Silver

Post by gnomgnomuch » Tue May 06, 2014 9:31 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

I'm only getting ~70% of flaws correct, I think the trick for me is to just really realllllly slow down with them, and take each answer choice as it comes. I also tend to read quickly and eliminate an AC before I even realize what it means.

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Tue May 06, 2014 9:44 pm

Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

have you read the trainer's chapters on it? they're really great, imo.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Tue May 06, 2014 10:16 pm

dasani13 wrote:
Learn_Live_Hope wrote:

have you read the trainer's chapters on it? they're really great, imo.
I don't have a trainer. I used powerscore, and manhattan.

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Tue May 06, 2014 11:51 pm

Thanks for the encouragement, LiveLearnHope!

And Walt, you are correct, getting games down to a reasonable level alone will likely put me over the 160 area :) nice catch.

Also, props to agalfano on a great day of drilling. I remember there was a day when you were struggling- but you got over it and now you are having drilling success!

SHAMELESS PLUG TIME: If any of you are LR pros, I would appreciate any tips as far as attacking complex, difficult stimuli that have lots of different things going on, so to speak. While I certainly wouldn't be opposed to you all checking out the thread I made (there's the shameless plug), if you have any general advice as far as attacking harder stimuli, I would greatly appreciate you sharing your strategies. Basically, my issue is that I KNOW that I can't memorize everything in the stimulus (I will forget something or mix something up in my head), and so I am wondering how to attack a stimulus in which there is alot of stuff going on (like alot of relationships between things, for example).

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Tue May 06, 2014 11:55 pm

I can't wait to be a lawyer.

I'm so excited about the future.

If you guys haven't seen "Rainmaker," give it a watch.

Matt Damon is in it. It's a great movie. I'm hyped up. Gonna do a section of LG and call it a night.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Tue May 06, 2014 11:57 pm

I'm gonna open up my own firm one day.

There's a few people in this group who I'd love to work with.

You all know who you are.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

dardardelight

New

Post by dardardelight » Tue May 06, 2014 11:57 pm

It's like the 8th best john grisham book, maybe

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Wed May 07, 2014 1:17 am

edit

solved my own error

rmcmanus

New

Post by rmcmanus » Wed May 07, 2014 1:40 am

This is my first post on TLS. I have been reading this thread for the past week or so and thought i would join in. I started studying for the June test at the beginning of March.
Today i took PT 23
LG-2
LR-5
LR-5
RC-11
I am planning on doing RC all day tomorrow. Any pointers to help from going insane? Or even better, personal tips for RC?
Last edited by rmcmanus on Wed May 07, 2014 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

dd235

Bronze

Post by dd235 » Wed May 07, 2014 1:49 am

louierodriguez wrote:I don't normally have trouble with games...

I must be missing something very obvious... it is one in the morning...

what's wrong this?
I just briefly took a look at the game, started writing out a long and detailed response by splitting up the scenarios, and then got that “ah ha” moment.

PT 29, G2, Q12 (asking what could be if all three articles of clothing are included in the two mannequins).

The simple answer is that we are told that mannequin 2 wears the navy skirt. Assuming that one of the mannequins has to wear the yellow skirt (in order to satisfy the stimulus), that means that mannequin 1 must wear the yellow skirt.

The long answer is that there are only two possible ways that the two mannequins can wear all three yellow articles of clothing, none of which allow for (C):
1.............................. 2
Y Hat................... N Hat
R Shirt................. Y Shirt
Y Skirt................. N Skirt
R Tie

1............................... 2
R Hat.................... Y Hat
Y Shirt.................. N Shirt
Y Skirt.................. N Skirt
R Tie

Again, I just briefly looked at the game for about a minute so hopefully I’m not missing anything.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”