The Official June 2014 Study Group

User avatar
dasani13
Posts: 1055
Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 3:21 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby dasani13 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:18 pm

Ops wrong thread, sorry.

User avatar
politibro44
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby politibro44 » Fri May 02, 2014 1:42 am

dardardelight wrote:I hate grad school so much. Can't Effing wait until my research papers are over.. which won't be until Sunday morning. I've taken pretty much a 2 week break from LSAT stuff and am really anxious to see if I've regressed, stayed the same, or if I even have a better, clearer mind going into the test.

It seems like it'll be a sprint to June 9th for me, as I'll be taking about 25 practice tests and reviewing them all with some drilling in between. Anyways, Let's Go Rangers! :mrgreen:



Go A's :mrgreen:

(and Warrior's)

sabzdee
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:49 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby sabzdee » Fri May 02, 2014 8:49 am

politibro44 wrote:
dardardelight wrote:I hate grad school so much. Can't Effing wait until my research papers are over.. which won't be until Sunday morning. I've taken pretty much a 2 week break from LSAT stuff and am really anxious to see if I've regressed, stayed the same, or if I even have a better, clearer mind going into the test.

It seems like it'll be a sprint to June 9th for me, as I'll be taking about 25 practice tests and reviewing them all with some drilling in between. Anyways, Let's Go Rangers! :mrgreen:



Go A's :mrgreen:

(and Warrior's)


I like you. You from Oakland?

User avatar
Christine (MLSAT)
Posts: 358
Joined: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby Christine (MLSAT) » Fri May 02, 2014 10:50 am

Pragmatic Gun wrote:
Christine (MLSAT) wrote:
Pragmatic Gun wrote:Hey all! retaking the LSAT for the third time. I have a question regarding PT 71, Dec. '13:

I don't understand entirely how S1, Q20 is resovled by the answer. Wouldn't the wool sold be enough to beat the costs of the farm? I feel like it's an incomplete solution.


When you say "costs of the farm", do you mean the losses from the decreased prices of mutton/sheepskin/etc? If so, you can't just assume that the wool sold WOULD be enough to beat those losses. Maybe it is, maybe it isn't. The fact that these prices fell "sharply" gives a bit more weight toward the decrease being bigger, but we don't know for sure - and that's okay.

The answer does not have to perfectly resolve the situation *for certain*. Answers to paradox or resolve the discrepancy questions merely have to raise a point that could potentially explain the apparent weirdness easily and directly. How could we possibly explain how these peeps are straight up getting more income from their wool, but not getting richer? Well, they must be losing money somehow - either by increased costs somewhere or by decreased profits on something they normally do. An example of either of these would be a great potential explanation for the situation.

Thoughts?


I think you or I could have written a better question. Sorry. I see what you're saying. It is the best possible answer out of all the other ones because C is the only one that applies directly to the farmers and their situation in the stimulus and tries to resolve the paradox. All the other answers refer to domestic wool farmers or just irrelevant factors.

I picked D because it seemed like it would resolve it, but it's actually irrelevant because these particular farmers aren't in a bad position vis a vis wool.

Also, I just want to say that I was a student of MLSAT. Really happy to see a MLSAT tutor here.


Ha! Well, I'm happy to see a happy MLSAT student here. :lol:

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Fri May 02, 2014 12:36 pm

I just finished drilling Parallel Reasoning questions….

I only got 3 incorrect out of 71! :) They weren't as bad as i anticipated them to be! :)

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Fri May 02, 2014 6:43 pm

Just scored a 150 on 70. Life will go on.

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Fri May 02, 2014 7:49 pm

louierodriguez wrote:Just scored a 150 on 70. Life will go on.


How did that happen? :shock:

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Fri May 02, 2014 9:32 pm

-9 on lg was one problem.

User avatar
WaltGrace83
Posts: 719
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby WaltGrace83 » Fri May 02, 2014 10:16 pm

louierodriguez wrote:Just scored a 150 on 70. Life will go on.


What's your plan, man? I just feel like you should be right up to 170 land by now. You seem to be working so hard. What does your day-to-day study routine look like?

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Sat May 03, 2014 1:00 am

WaltGrace83 wrote:
louierodriguez wrote:Just scored a 150 on 70. Life will go on.


What's your plan, man? I just feel like you should be right up to 170 land by now. You seem to be working so hard. What does your day-to-day study routine look like?


Walt. You have no idea how much I've come to appreciate this question. I just realized that I haven't had much of a plan.

I just bought Steve's one month study guide off the LSAT blog. Basically I'm going to be going over everything one last time and taking 5 (at minimum) full Pt's before June.

I'm thinking this is going to be really good for me. The work load is going to be a bit intense, but I think this is exactly what I need. I just need to have a very strong focus. I'm thinking about switching up my gym routine to mainly cardio. It requires less thought and more time to reflect. That probably sounds crazy to some of you, but I've held my workouts within the last six months in just as high regards as the LSAT. I think I need to tilt the scales in favor of the LSAT for the next month. The closer this date gets the stronger the inclination to do everything and anything...

Let me tell you about this class I sat in on today...

It really hurt me in a way. For a brief hour or two I was made to believe that I was doing alright scoring in the 150's. The instructor asked who had at least got 15 correct in each section. I raised my hand three times. There was like 10 of us. Only 3 people all together had raised there hand at all.

One blonde girl, actually pretty attractive... had her sights on Barry some TTT in FL... It made me feel sick and suddenly she was way less attractive... maybe thats shallow of me, but oh well... being in touch with a bunch of TLS users for the last year provides one with a unique perspective.

The instructor was talking about LG games and she asked who was familiar with them I and I had said I had done at least 300 by now... everybody looked at me in awe... It was weird, because 300 isn't really a lot... the course's ideology is that about 80 games is roughly what one needs to be successful. I suppose that's true... if they are all different PT's covering 20 different tests... but still you have to repeat some of them a few times...

lol get this... blackstone is a nonprofit organization that charges 800 for a course? how is that a nonprofit? either way... that's expensive and I don't care if its nonprofit or not.

I didn't really talk to anybody... but I did ask this one dude if he had ever taken an LSAT before... he said no... I don't understand why he thinks it's a good idea to write the june exam

jesus.

I honestly feel like I fucked up LG today and got -9 was because I was a bit cocky and had the whole attitude of... "yeah... I've done like 300 of these..."

LR... I need to focus on timing.... I think one of my problems is that every now and then I space out and I have to read the question over and over again... it's not that the problems difficult. I just literally zone out... I'll probably get the question right too, but it sucks up time. it must have happened like 3 or 4 times. If can just read the stimulus once and move on I'd be in a great position. Time management seems to be a bit of an issue. I always bring my watch with me, but I never really use it... it seems like it'll be a waste of time looking at a watch and diverting my attention.

I'm much more cool and collective during LG.

I need to experiment with RC and test my hand at speed-reading. Sometimes I feel like the faster I read the better sense I have of the forest.

User avatar
Louis1127
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby Louis1127 » Sat May 03, 2014 1:01 am

louierodriguez wrote:-9 on lg was one problem.


Drill games this May with me Louie. I am doing 7sage fool proof method (doe very logic game that gives you trouble 10 times). In the 1 PT I have taken since drilling, I did horribly in games.

I am going to drill games until my eyes bleed. Join me! :P

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Sat May 03, 2014 1:04 am

I honestly have a love/hate relationship with the LSAT.

I almost would like to get to a point of mastery because I think teaching this to other people would actually be pretty fun.

That's weird...

because most of the time I just wish the LSAT was a real person so I could punch it in the face.

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Sat May 03, 2014 1:15 am

Louis1127 wrote:
louierodriguez wrote:-9 on lg was one problem.


Drill games this May with me Louie. I am doing 7sage fool proof method (doe very logic game that gives you trouble 10 times). In the 1 PT I have taken since drilling, I did horribly in games.

I am going to drill games until my eyes bleed. Join me! :P



Let's do it, dude. Next week is going to be nothing but LG for me according to my guide. I think I just counted 27 games all together in 5 days. I'm pretty sure I've done a lot of those already, so if I have, I'll be flying through them pretty easily and will add more if time allows... which I think it should... depending on how motivated I get...

I had talked to this one chick who had done 16 logic games a day on this forum... I need to get on that level... should be the first thing I do when I wake up... 16 games.. go to the gym... continue on with my regular course of study

that's what it takes to do well

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby Nova » Sat May 03, 2014 1:56 am

damn it Lrod. I posted in this thread before you made it the official study group thread.

now this thread is always at the top of my "view my posts"

User avatar
politibro44
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:09 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby politibro44 » Sat May 03, 2014 2:07 am

sabzdee wrote:
politibro44 wrote:
dardardelight wrote:I hate grad school so much. Can't Effing wait until my research papers are over.. which won't be until Sunday morning. I've taken pretty much a 2 week break from LSAT stuff and am really anxious to see if I've regressed, stayed the same, or if I even have a better, clearer mind going into the test.

It seems like it'll be a sprint to June 9th for me, as I'll be taking about 25 practice tests and reviewing them all with some drilling in between. Anyways, Let's Go Rangers! :mrgreen:



Go A's :mrgreen:

(and Warrior's)


I like you. You from Oakland?


Not Oakland, but East Bay. You out here too?

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Sat May 03, 2014 9:24 am

Nova wrote:damn it Lrod. I posted in this thread before you made it the official study group thread.

now this thread is always at the top of my "view my posts"


you know you love it

acegirlk
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:41 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby acegirlk » Sat May 03, 2014 10:07 pm

Experiencing burn out since I'm balancing work and studying.

How are you guys drilling? Do you just get the Cambridge packets?

User avatar
MtnGinger
Posts: 154
Joined: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:30 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby MtnGinger » Sun May 04, 2014 12:11 am

Just finished Pt 32 today and hit 175!!! I always shoot for 180 but this was my bare minimum goal so it feels great to hit it after being stuck at 170 for a week. I was worried about taking this because I've been studying for finals and am feeling a real brain drain right now, but I can't complain with a score like that. My sympathy and best wishes to all other K-JD who have finals to deal with on top of prepping.
LR -2
RC -3 So proud because I have improved this from -9 There is hope!
LG -2 Hate this but I just didn't pay close enough attention in my hurry to get through
LR -1

User avatar
dardardelight
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:17 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby dardardelight » Sun May 04, 2014 12:40 am

politibro44 wrote:

Go A's :mrgreen:

(and Warrior's)


Hahaha I'm talking about the New York Rangers, not the baseball team :P

Although I do like both teams you mentioned a lot. A's are doing pretty beastly so far, and I'm pulling for my small school liberal arts homeboy steph curry tonight!

Glad to say I'll be finally getting back to the swing of things tomorrow, since I'm finally fucking done with finals. I feel like I'm at such a disadvantage right now and am pretty worried. I literally need to SPRINT to June 9th. I've had one lucky 170+ practice test, but was mostly pulling ~167-168 two weeks ago. My goal is to consistently score 175+ by June. Here's to Hoping for the best

User avatar
Louis1127
Posts: 817
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:12 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby Louis1127 » Sun May 04, 2014 12:59 am

louierodriguez wrote:Let's do it, dude. Next week is going to be nothing but LG for me according to my guide.

You've got yourself a games partner! This week (starting today considering today is Sunday) I'm redoing In-Out games from 1-40. I've already made a ton of copies and now I just have to get going. Let's own games, Louie. REAL work starts this week- today.

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Sun May 04, 2014 1:51 am


User avatar
santoki
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby santoki » Sun May 04, 2014 1:57 am

good evening folks, trying to BR the PT i took today before i score it.

PT58 S1 Q5: Doctor: While a few alternative medicines...

Is answer choice C just a detail creep? If "medicines" were "herbs" would it weaken?

THANKS! :D

User avatar
alexrodriguez
Posts: 841
Joined: Wed May 01, 2013 4:59 am

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby alexrodriguez » Sun May 04, 2014 2:24 am

12 different games today....

I've never done that many different ones in one day.... thats cool

tomorrows schedule calls for 10 new ones... and maybe I'll redo all the ones I did today.

2 cups of tea and a cup of coffee today... getting back to my old undergraduate ways!

anyways going to go find some funny videos about lawyers and call it a night...

this judge is awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FilL7X8rUzw

Learn_Live_Hope
Posts: 1016
Joined: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:33 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby Learn_Live_Hope » Sun May 04, 2014 11:22 am

How is studying coming along for everyone?

User avatar
Otunga
Posts: 1317
Joined: Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:56 pm

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Postby Otunga » Sun May 04, 2014 11:51 am

santoki wrote:good evening folks, trying to BR the PT i took today before i score it.

PT58 S1 Q5: Doctor: While a few alternative medicines...

Is answer choice C just a detail creep? If "medicines" were "herbs" would it weaken?

THANKS! :D


I would say C is wrong because we don't know if the medicine referred to is conventional or alternative, and so it doesn't necessarily address the argument. If it did say alternative herbs, I agree it could be a better choice. But are allergic reactions bad enough to make a prescription a shitty idea? I mean, there seem to be lots of prescriptions that lead to an allergic reaction, but the good effects of the prescription outweigh them.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests