The Official June 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
unodostres

Silver

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Post by unodostres » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:26 pm

lol i loved pt71's passage a. completely forgot i was taking an exam hahahaha

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:46 pm

Anyone got clothes picked out for Monday?

I'm planning on wearing my most comfortable gray t-shirt, my most comfortable gym shorts, and my most comfortable sneakers. Tomorrow I'm going to drill with the sneaks on just to remember what it feels like. (I've been in socks or barefoot during prep at home)

Yeezus

Bronze

Post by Yeezus » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:31 pm

DaRascal wrote:Anyone got clothes picked out for Monday?

I'm planning on wearing my most comfortable gray t-shirt, my most comfortable gym shorts, and my most comfortable sneakers. Tomorrow I'm going to drill with the sneaks on just to remember what it feels like. (I've been in socks or barefoot during prep at home)
My lucky basketball shorts and favorite pair of shoes. Just scouted out the test center and even picked out a parking spot with my lucky number :lol: . Let's go. I'm ready for Monday.

MtnGinger

Bronze

Post by MtnGinger » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:23 pm

Took PT 69 today and hit my target score! I think that is a good place to leave off, now to relax and try to enjoy a day off. I'll be checking out until this is over, see you guys in the waiters thread. We got this!!! Good luck all!!!

lurj

New

Post by lurj » Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:48 pm

Does anyone know of a good resource for identifying premises/conclusions? I'm completely clueless on this and I want to fix it before monday.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:05 pm

lurj wrote:Does anyone know of a good resource for identifying premises/conclusions? I'm completely clueless on this and I want to fix it before monday.
I hope you're not serious.

You shouldn't be taking this exam if you can't distinguish these concepts.

Don't end up like this guy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENJtexvDu84

dasani13

Silver

Post by dasani13 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:18 pm

lurj wrote:Does anyone know of a good resource for identifying premises/conclusions? I'm completely clueless on this and I want to fix it before monday.
http://7sage.com/how-to-approach-main-point-questions/

alansadler

New

Post by alansadler » Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:06 pm

After getting a 171 (my lowest score in months) earlier this week and beginning to doubt myself, I ended my PT adventure with my first ever 180 on PT 70 and a 177 on PT 71. Awesome confidence boost going into the real thing Monday. Man I'm pumped!

Good luck to you all.

Catherinelo365

New

Post by Catherinelo365 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:03 pm

Good luck to all June test takers!!!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:34 pm

If there's one weakness I have it's advanced conditional logic questions on LR. If I get them right, it takes me 2 minutes+ to do so. Should I spend the next 8 hours reviewing them or should I simply rest and tomorrow circle any of those types and come back to them when I've finished all other questions. Honestly, you usually only get 2-3 of those on the exam from what I recall from my previous takes.

Anyone have any advice on those questions? Are they difficult for you too? Will the MLSAT chapter on conditional logic help me get those types of tricky questions down before tomorrow?

Cradle6

Bronze

Post by Cradle6 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:04 pm

DaRascal wrote:If there's one weakness I have it's advanced conditional logic questions on LR. If I get them right, it takes me 2 minutes+ to do so. Should I spend the next 8 hours reviewing them or should I simply rest and tomorrow circle any of those types and come back to them when I've finished all other questions. Honestly, you usually only get 2-3 of those on the exam from what I recall from my previous takes.

Anyone have any advice on those questions? Are they difficult for you too? Will the MLSAT chapter on conditional logic help me get those types of tricky questions down before tomorrow?
I hope you're kidding. Studying is over.

No more LSAT until the real thing.

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:08 pm

Just wanted to pop in one last time (and I'll probably echo these sentiments in the waiter's thread) and say THANK YOU.

You guys are seriously awesome and have helped me so much in my studying process. (Un)fortunately, my studying process isn't over but I will always be grateful for the discussions - both serious and not - that have helped me further develop my LSAT skills.

You all are going to absolutely CRUSH this thing.

I hope - and I mean this in the best possible way - I see none of you in the September thread. Your hard work is over and it will pay off immensely. Not to put pressure on you Louie, but I am predicting a big gameday jump for you.

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:13 pm

Cradle6 wrote: I hope you're kidding. Studying is over.

Haha why does it have to be over? There's always something new to learn unless you have completely mastered it! :P

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lurj

New

Post by lurj » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:33 pm

Two -0's on pt71 and a 177 to close out my prep. What a great way to end studying for this thing. Good luck tomorrow everyone.

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:51 pm

Eh nevermind.

sashafierce

Bronze

Post by sashafierce » Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:41 pm

Best of luck tomorrow :D

ms9

Gold

Post by ms9 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:12 pm

I wrote this for the Oct, 2013 LSAT but the advice applies exactly the same for tomorrow. I think it helped some people so here you all go. Good luck tomorrow!

http://spiveyconsulting.com/blog/oct-5t ... conquered/

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

berkeleynick

New

Post by berkeleynick » Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:59 pm

I decided to postpone. Sucks I lost $165 but a lot went down this weekend sadly that makes it a better decision, I think.

MDJ2588

New

Post by MDJ2588 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:20 pm

The best to everyone tomorrow taking the LSAT....I've been watching a lot of WII documentaries (e.g. The World Wars, D-Day 360 etc.) and the one thing I can say is a quote from Franklin D. Roosevelt, "The Only Thing We Have to Fear is Fear Itself",take that and run with it, and when tomorrow comes let the WAR BEGIN!!!!

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:26 pm

Walt, thank you. Really, thank you.

I have that feeling I use to have when I was a little kid before a big hockey game.

It's the calm before the storm.

Tomorrow will be the last good fight.

Remember, this test wasn't designed for people like us.

Realize that you've studied more then everyone. Don't be cocky. Be confident.

You know this stuff. You know it better then everyone in that classroom with you. Show them what you know. Show and give them a reason to believe that you are different. Show how you gave blood, sweat, and tears for the test they signed up for on a whim a week ago.

Stay calm. Read smoothly. Don't go too fast. Don't go to slow. Check off the rules. Skip the tough question. Move on. Like Rocky, its not about how tough the question is, it's about how you can take that tough question and keep moving forward. Keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.

Remember, it's just a test, but it's also your test. You know it better than everyone. That person to the left of you has no idea what a sufficient assumption is. Conditional logic? What's logic? What's a contrapositive? Flaw in the reasoning? I don't see the flaw? There is two sections of these sorts of questions? I'm just trying to go to Cooley. but my LSAT instructor said to just try to finish three of the games. There is an experimental section? I'm shooting for my target score of 154. I took a Kaplan course. I studied for two weeks straight. Logic games are the worst- its my worst section. You can't study for this test. My gpa is great. This test doesn't matter. I majored in legal studies- I'll be fine. I heard they do an experiment on us. The proctor is a scientist.

DaRascal

Gold

Post by DaRascal » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:26 pm

On Saturday I was hardly getting anything wrong while drilling LR. Today I couldn't really focus and I was a bit shaky and second-guessed myself a lot whereas on Saturday I was going in with certainty and not looking back.

Signs of mental fatigue? Burn out? Should I just get a good night's rest?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

180kickflip

Bronze

Post by 180kickflip » Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:43 pm

DaRascal wrote:On Saturday I was hardly getting anything wrong while drilling LR. Today I couldn't really focus and I was a bit shaky and second-guessed myself a lot whereas on Saturday I was going in with certainty and not looking back.

Signs of mental fatigue? Burn out? Should I just get a good night's rest?
I'd say either redo a couple sections that you've already done before or go out and have some fun. You're not likely to learn anything new tonight and you might psych yourself out for no reason. Like louie, walt, etc. have said...believe in your prep.

I'm gonna redo a few LR sections and maybe a few games I've done before+ probably do the same thing again right before heading to the test center tomorrow. I'm not trying to learn, get faster, drill, or anything...just stay confident and do whatever I can to avoid a slow start.

dd235

Bronze

Post by dd235 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!!! Just remember to have this attitude :)

Image (LinkRemoved)
photo upload (LinkRemoved)

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:46 pm

Palomino Blackwing 602 pencils.

I thought I was going to use brand new pencils for test day. Wrong.

They feel too weird.

I want to use the ones I've beaten up PT's with.

What's great about these pencils is that you can switch out the erasers.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:53 pm

My ziplock bag contains the following:

3 Palomino Blackwings
1 LSAT ticket with photo and information on back
1 15 Gram Caramel Crunch Protein Bar
3 loose pieces of tissue paper

Am I forgetting anything?

I'll also have my drivers license and military ID with me. I think the passport will be overkill. I'll keep it in the car just in case.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”