The Official June 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
BaberhamLincoln

Gold

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Post by BaberhamLincoln » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:02 pm

louierodriguez wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:Great. 163 on pt66. Averaging 163.
What the actual fuck. I don't know what I could have done differently studying for this test.
what was the breakdown?
-2 lg (good)
-8 RC (moderately good for me)
-5 LR (been so focused on LR lately...felt strong too. Wth)
-6 LR

BaberhamLincoln

Gold

Post by BaberhamLincoln » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:09 pm

Do you guys think I should spend allllll the rest of my time drilling LR? I had planed to take pt71 Friday but I could just keep drilling LR

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:17 pm

leigh912198972 wrote:Do you guys think I should spend allllll the rest of my time drilling LR? I had planed to take pt71 Friday but I could just keep drilling LR
Do both.

the only difference is an RC section and an LG section thrown in with the drilling.

santoki

Silver

Post by santoki » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:28 pm

feeling weirdly calm about this thing...its kind of making me freak out a little o_o

averaging around 170-171, but if i dont make ANY dumb mistakes its a 172-173.

but...here we go w another PT :p

180kickflip

Bronze

Post by 180kickflip » Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:43 pm

Just finished reviewing PT67. Basically a fail. Ended up with a -19/164.

LR-7 combined I'm ok with, but RC (-7) and LG (-5) killed me. Can't even blame zones for LG cuz I barely got to it. Bubbled in "c" for the last 5 LG questions+those were my only misses.

I feel like I'm really going in to this test hoping for a miracle. Totally not where I wanted to be, but every 3 tests I hit a score id be really happy with+ that stops me from postponing. Ugh

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Yeezus

Bronze

Post by Yeezus » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:06 pm

louierodriguez wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:Do you guys think I should spend allllll the rest of my time drilling LR? I had planed to take pt71 Friday but I could just keep drilling LR
Do both.

the only difference is an RC section and an LG section thrown in with the drilling.
Yeah, I'd do both. I'd probably focus a bit more on LR since that's half the test and it seems like it's been giving you more trouble than the other sections.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:03 pm

It's amazing how fast I can do a game when I understand the basic concepts of it.

Seeing a game for the first time is a different story.

I guess that goes for everyone though.

politibro44

New

Post by politibro44 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:33 pm

I would recommend mostly focusing on drilling and then maybe do 71 as individual sections. Or if you prefer to save 71, do another recent test by individual sections. That way you can focus on implementing your progress from your drilling and still get some game-time feel.

I would still do at least one more PT before monday though.

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:43 pm

louierodriguez wrote:It's amazing how fast I can do a game when I understand the basic concepts of it.

Seeing a game for the first time is a different story.

I guess that goes for everyone though.
Most (90%) of the games are just recycled garbage though. 3/4 of the games on any given exam are more or less a repeat of old stuff with different names for the elements and a few different rules.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Syergin

New

Post by Syergin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:46 pm

First post, and joining the party a bit late.

I have been following this thread for the last few months, and recently noticed many having issues with the 60s. So I just thought I'd share my experience.

For 5 weeks I was taking 2 PTs a week, never scoring below 169, with at least 1 day of study + 1 day of rest inbetween each. I then went on a short hiatus for finals, picking up right where I left off with the recent release of Volume V. The only difference was I moved it up to 3 tests a week- Monday, Wednesday, Friday. With intensive review and study Tuesday/Thursday, and a few hours on Saturday/Sunday. My scores over two weeks were: 170, 168, 166, 166, 167, and one I ripped up midtest due to my frustration (grading the 3 sections I had completed I was already down to 166). I was devastated with the declining scores and to compensate began studying even more; I sat for hours doing dozens of games and reading passages over and over again until I couldn't take it.

My girlfriend finally stepped in and dragged me over to her place for a long weekend where I wasn't so much as permitted to speak of the LSAT or law school. I came back on Monday refreshed and absolutely CRUSHED 70 (for me at least) getting a 173, my personal best. The prompts were much clearer to me, and the games section was a cake walk- I finished with over 10 minutes remaining (missing 1) and games are far from being my strongest section.

I am now a firm believer in "burnout", and highly recommend that any of you facing these same struggles of declining scores to take it easy these last few days. If you've been studying as intensely as many of you claim- you know everything you need to reach your desired score, don't psych yourself out. This isn't a college exam you are cramming vocab or dates for, these are nothing more than concepts you've seen 1000s of times. The tests dont change, but your brain can and does get worn out.

Of course, none of this may apply to you, in which case I'm really jealous.
/endrant

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:46 pm

walt did you get my message.

respond to it that way I know you got it

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:48 pm

Syergin wrote:First post, and joining the party a bit late.

I have been following this thread for the last few months, and recently noticed many having issues with the 60s. So I just thought I'd share my experience.

For 5 weeks I was taking 2 PTs a week, never scoring below 169, with at least 1 day of study + 1 day of rest inbetween each. I then went on a short hiatus for finals, picking up right where I left off with the recent release of Volume V. The only difference was I moved it up to 3 tests a week- Monday, Wednesday, Friday. With intensive review and study Tuesday/Thursday, and a few hours on Saturday/Sunday. My scores over two weeks were: 170, 168, 166, 166, 167, and one I ripped up midtest due to my frustration (grading the 3 sections I had completed I was already down to 166). I was devastated with the declining scores and to compensate began studying even more; I sat for hours doing dozens of games and reading passages over and over again until I couldn't take it.

My girlfriend finally stepped in and dragged me over to her place for a long weekend where I wasn't so much as permitted to speak of the LSAT or law school. I came back on Monday refreshed and absolutely CRUSHED 70 (for me at least) getting a 173, my personal best. The prompts were much clearer to me, and the games section was a cake walk- I finished with over 10 minutes remaining (missing 1) and games are far from being my strongest section.

I am now a firm believer in "burnout", and highly recommend that any of you facing these same struggles of declining scores to take it easy these last few days. If you've been studying as intensely as many of you claim- you know everything you need to reach your desired score, don't psych yourself out. This isn't a college exam you are cramming vocab or dates for, these are nothing more than concepts you've seen 1000s of times. The tests dont change, but your brain can and does get worn out.

/endrant
I agree. I may have contradicted myself earlier in recommending advice to another fellow, however.

lurj

New

Post by lurj » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:51 pm

/endrant
I think the Volume V is kind of a punch in the gut as well (at least for me) because my scores on the first few fell drastically. I pretty much did what you did - got a few mid 160's, got frustrated, took a break and reviewed, and then crushed pt67. Taking a break, stepping back and really reviewing what you're doing wrong is definitely critical.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Calbears123

Bronze

Post by Calbears123 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:00 am

/endrant

This isn't a college exam you are cramming vocab or dates for, these are nothing more than concepts you've seen 1000s of times. The tests dont change, but your brain can and does get worn out.

Probably the best advice I've read and its seriously making me contemplate stopping today. I'll probably take PT 71 tomorrow morning and that's it.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:00 am

PT 69 tomorrow

Reminder to myself - photocopy the games beforehand

jjcioffi

New

Post by jjcioffi » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:01 am

leigh912198972 wrote:What are you doing Sunday, homies?
Not a damn thing!

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:02 am

:(

I'm gonna miss this thread when it's all over with

This is the only place in the world that really understands what I've been going through

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:08 am

louierodriguez wrote::(

I'm gonna miss this thread when it's all over with

This is the only place in the world that really understands what I've been going through
Literally everyone on TLS has gone through the same stuff. Plus then there are Waiter threads and Application threads and Accepted threads and 1L, 2L, and 3L threads and Bar Study threads.

You will be fine ;)

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:14 am

Last edited by jk148706 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rebexness

Gold

Post by rebexness » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:22 am

I saw some IG post indicating that we had 4 days 15 hrs left (earlier) and about died. Four days. Holy shit.

pizzicatodreams

New

Post by pizzicatodreams » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:39 am

/endrant
I have to second this. Although I haven't really posted on this thread, I totally felt your shared pain about scores going down the past couple of weeks, esp with Vol V. I was feeling pretty down on myself since my scores had peaked 2-3 weeks ago. I took a break and came back and my scores shot up as well. For me I think it was that it became difficult to focus with the same intensity after handling so much material for so long. After I came back, the answers to the tricky questions all became so much more obvious, and the clarity of my thought really felt like it had increased.

As the Syergin noted above, doing a few more tests probably isn't going to change your score at this point. After all of this studying, it's more a matter of your level of focus, confidence, and luck on test day. Anyway, totally recommend you all do as Syergin recommends and chill out! (And maybe get sloshed this weekend to loosen up a bit.)

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

CocoSunshine

New

Post by CocoSunshine » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:24 am

I feel I'm ready for the June test in terms of skills, but anything can happen on test day. Is it a bad idea to save 8 fresh PTs for potential retake? I will take the test overseas so I have 3 weeks left.

santoki

Silver

Post by santoki » Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:57 am

gonna be off TLS til after the exam.

this is for the championship. i love all yall

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:02 pm

Last edited by jk148706 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:47 pm

the nba finals would start 4 days prior to the LSAT

jesus

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”