The Official June 2014 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LawBron James

Bronze

Re: The Official June 2014 Study Group

Post by LawBron James » Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:36 pm

Is anyone here PT'ing at -0 or -1 on RC? Because I'd love to hear your strategy.

I usually get -0 on LG and anywhere from -0 to -2 on each LR section, but I can't seem to improve from -4 to -6 on RC. I used Powerscore and 7sage for the other 2, but neither is proving too useful for RC.

santoki

Silver

Post by santoki » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:32 pm

LawBron James wrote:Is anyone here PT'ing at -0 or -1 on RC? Because I'd love to hear your strategy.

I usually get -0 on LG and anywhere from -0 to -2 on each LR section, but I can't seem to improve from -4 to -6 on RC. I used Powerscore and 7sage for the other 2, but neither is proving too useful for RC.
They say the Trainer is pretty good for RC, and it has paid dividends for me (so far).

withoutapaddle

Bronze

Post by withoutapaddle » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:24 pm

Just did 44 Parrael reasoning questions

-6= 86%

Yeah freaking buddy considering these are the hardest questions for me

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:33 pm

LawBron James wrote:Is anyone here PT'ing at -0 or -1 on RC? Because I'd love to hear your strategy.

I'm 99.999999% sure this is the famous Manilla bay who dropped on the scene and was quickly excommunicated.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... &start=150

You should really try harder little buddy.

Louis1127

Silver

Post by Louis1127 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:35 pm

Good catch Bill.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Silver

Post by 10052014 » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:37 pm

Last edited by 10052014 on Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:44 pm

He could have tried a little harder.

LawBron James

Bronze

Post by LawBron James » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:47 pm

BillPackets wrote:

I'm 99.999999% sure this is the famous Manilla bay who dropped on the scene and was quickly excommunicated.

Haha I promise I'm not him. I switched user names because my last one had my name in it, and I decided that was stupid. You can ask an admin to check my IP if it's really bothering yall so much.

Wow, just clicked the link. That's eerily similar to what I posted. And I'm literally in the exact situation as him there too, I'm beginning to wonder if I have multiple personality disorder.
Last edited by LawBron James on Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BillPackets

Gold

Post by BillPackets » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:54 pm

LawBron James wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Haha I promise I'm not him. I switched user names because my last one had my name in it, and I decided that was stupid. You can ask an admin to check my I if it's really bothering yall so much.

Wow, just clicked the link. That's eerily similar to what I posted. And I'm literally in the exact situation as him there too, I'm beginning to wonder if I have multiple personality disorder.
Exactly--multiple personality disorder-->same person.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Post by Colonel_funkadunk » Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:59 pm

Bill the bounty hunter

LawBron James

Bronze

Post by LawBron James » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:02 am

BillPackets wrote:
LawBron James wrote:
BillPackets wrote:

Haha I promise I'm not him. I switched user names because my last one had my name in it, and I decided that was stupid. You can ask an admin to check my I if it's really bothering yall so much.

Exactly--multiple personality disorder-->same person.
Haha nah, I can see why you'd think so though.

knowyourself

New

Post by knowyourself » Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:28 am

This thread is definitely alive.

Weather was nice this weekend, went out with friends. Except I'm pretty sure I no longer have friends because I just couldn't stop analyzing what everyone was saying into " context, premise, conclusion "

I've also had a dream about lawgic equations .... Is this normal ? or am I going crazy :shock:

I originally planned for June, however with the test-date approaching so fast I started considering sitting this one out. But, that has changed my friends, not only will I be taking the June exam, I am going to work harder than ever and will not settle for anything less than 180.

tfinndogm

Bronze

Post by tfinndogm » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:00 am

knowyourself wrote: Except I'm pretty sure I no longer have friends because I just couldn't stop analyzing what everyone was saying into " context, premise, conclusion "

I've also had a dream about lawgic equations .... Is this normal ? or am I going crazy :shock:
I've been doing both of these things and I hate myself for it... but it will only get worse with lawl school.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:24 am

My girlfriend HATES the LSAT. Absolutely hates it. She has been begging me to spend the night some nights just so she can see me more and I'm like, "sorry. can't. can't sacrifice not getting enough sleep for studying."

If I remain in a relationship through this AND law school.......

santoki

Silver

Post by santoki » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:36 am

does anyone else consider the 1pm June start a huge advantage over taking it any other test date? for me it's huge because I just can't take the exam at 8:30am. Thoughts?

santoki

Silver

Post by santoki » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:37 am

WaltGrace83 wrote:My girlfriend HATES the LSAT. Absolutely hates it. She has been begging me to spend the night some nights just so she can see me more and I'm like, "sorry. can't. can't sacrifice not getting enough sleep for studying."

I feel you except...I've been unable to resist and just sacrificing it. I also wonder how I'll do it through the LSAT and law school.

BaberhamLincoln

Gold

Post by BaberhamLincoln » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:39 am

santoki wrote:
WaltGrace83 wrote:My girlfriend HATES the LSAT. Absolutely hates it. She has been begging me to spend the night some nights just so she can see me more and I'm like, "sorry. can't. can't sacrifice not getting enough sleep for studying."

I feel you except...I've been unable to resist and just sacrificing it. I also wonder how I'll do it through the LSAT and law school.

You guys make me glad I don't have a boyfriend right now.
(Saying that in the nicest way possible...)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

tfinndogm

Bronze

Post by tfinndogm » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:45 am

leigh912198972 wrote:
santoki wrote:

my fiancé and I get to test the limits of our relationship through this... he just took the GMAT and we are applying to go to school around the same time. yay for dual-student loans and dual-self loathing!

alexrodriguez

Silver

Post by alexrodriguez » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:45 am

Today...

I play golf.

santoki

Silver

Post by santoki » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:07 am

louierodriguez wrote:Today...

I play golf.
today...I'm at work trying to fit in Flaw questions while billing hours. :cry: :|

Learn_Live_Hope

Silver

Post by Learn_Live_Hope » Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:14 am

santoki wrote:
louierodriguez wrote:Today...

I play golf.
today...I'm at work trying to fit in Flaw questions while billing hours. :cry: :|
I attempt to do the same. :) you are not alone

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:25 am

leigh912198972 wrote:
santoki wrote:

Seriously though. My girlfriend is going to have to move back home for a bit to save up some money (we are both graduating next month) and, while I hate having her away, it will also make it easier to focus and she won't feel so bad because its expected that we don't spend that much time together when we live in different states. After the LSAT, I think after I go back to normal she'll be like, "where the hell were you for the last year? Then she is going to eliminate me like an out of scope answer choice" haha

santoki

Silver

Post by santoki » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:27 am

WaltGrace83 wrote:
leigh912198972 wrote:
santoki wrote:

Seriously though. My girlfriend is going to have to move back home for a bit to save up some money (we are both graduating next month) and, while I hate having her away, it will also make it easier to focus and she won't feel so bad because its expected that we don't spend that much time together when we live in different states. After the LSAT, I think after I go back to normal she'll be like, "where the hell were you for the last year? Then she is going to eliminate me like an out of scope answer choice" haha
well if your girlfriend is anything like me then maybe she'll linger on with you even if you are an out of scope answer choice...

Sadness ensues. MUST ELIMINATE OUT OF SCOPE ACs.

WaltGrace83

Silver

Post by WaltGrace83 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:50 am

santoki wrote:
well if your girlfriend is anything like me then maybe she'll linger on with you even if you are an out of scope answer choice...

Sadness ensues. MUST ELIMINATE OUT OF SCOPE ACs.
literally LOL'd. Her logic skills aren't the best (in regards to the LSAT) so I think I have a shot :shock: :lol: ! Ok well now I am going to do more review.

dardardelight

New

Post by dardardelight » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:41 pm

Just took PT 44 . I can't help but cheat and give myself an extra 2 minutes for LR .. which I can't seem to finish in 35 minutes : / My accuracy is up there, but I feel like I don't get through the first 10 questions of LR quickly enough because I'm so concerned not to get one of the "easy" questions wrong. Thus, I take more time than I probably need on the easier questions. I also don't skip questions... Help! Still, I rocked the games section with time to spare, and my LR was not bad (granted I gave myself 2 extra minutes)

Score (with an asterisk) 168

RC -5
LR -4
LG -0
LR -3

I've been away from LSAT study for the past week and took this pretty cold, which could explain my time issues. HOpefully by mid-May, time won't be so much of a problem at all. Hoping to master games at a -0 level , get RC to around -3 , and to not get more than 5 TOTAL LR questions wrong.

Good luck, chronies.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”