LSAT Arsenal

Suits99

LSAT Arsenal

Postby Suits99 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:36 am

How does this look for an LSAT Stack, I have all summer to study and am willing to purchase any additional books/materials if anyone has any suggestions.

Powerscore Bibles (LG, LR, RC)
4 Powerscore full-length LSAT tests
2 books that are similar to the bibles that I received from my private Powerscore tutor

PourMeTea

Post removed.

Postby PourMeTea » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:41 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Daily_Double

Re: LSAT Arsenal

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:41 am

I actually prefer BPLG to the LGB. If I was you, in terms of books I'd do BPLG, LRB, and all of Manhattan's books. After the books, I'd drill using Cambrige's packets from 1-38. Then begin PTing. Buy all the old PTs, make a mixed PT schedule from 39-69, work in five sections two months before the test, back-back tests a month before the test, and visit your test center.

Suits99

Postby Suits99 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:53 am

Daily_Double wrote:I actually prefer BPLG to the LGB. If I was you, in terms of books I'd do BPLG, LRB, and all of Manhattan's books. After the books, I'd drill using Cambrige's packets from 1-38. Then begin PTing. Buy all the old PTs, make a mixed PT schedule from 39-69, work in five sections two months before the test, back-back tests a month before the test, and visit your test center.

I am getting tutored from Powerscore (64-hour package) so I sort of have to use their books. PT's though I do not, how do I go about buying old PT's? And what exactly are Cambridge packets, seems like something I would be interested in buying. Thanks!

magickware

Postby magickware » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:13 pm

Buy all your LSAT materials from here-

http://www.cambridgelsat.com/bookstore/ ... lications/

And you are absolutely under no obligation to use PS books just because you're in their class. I strongly urge you to get the Manhattan LSAT LR book at least. That thing is gold for anyone who has anything close to a hard time with LR.

jk148706

Postby jk148706 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:33 pm

Daily_Double wrote:I actually prefer BPLG to the LGB. If I was you, in terms of books I'd do BPLG, LRB, and all of Manhattan's books. After the books, I'd drill using Cambrige's packets from 1-38. Then begin PTing. Buy all the old PTs, make a mixed PT schedule from 39-69, work in five sections two months before the test, back-back tests a month before the test, and visit your test center.

DD, didn't you previously post your PT schedule? I can't remember what it was, but did it work for you?

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:39 pm

Suits99 wrote:How does this look for an LSAT Stack, I have all summer to study and am willing to purchase any additional books/materials if anyone has any suggestions.

2 books that are similar to the bibles that I received from my private Powerscore tutor

I used all three Powerscore books from their class (similar to the PS bibles), Manhattan RC and LG, and just about every PT. Cambridge packets were also useful for certain question types.

Suits99

Postby Suits99 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:49 pm

SteelPenguin wrote:
Suits99 wrote:How does this look for an LSAT Stack, I have all summer to study and am willing to purchase any additional books/materials if anyone has any suggestions.

I used all three Powerscore books from their class (similar to the PS bibles), Manhattan RC and LG, and just about every PT. Cambridge packets were also useful for certain question types.

Thanks! Love the Tuuka avatar btw

NoodleyOne

Postby NoodleyOne » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:00 pm

Suits99 wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:

He lost a bet... he's a Pens fan.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:19 pm

Suits99 wrote:

I am getting tutored from Powerscore (64-hour package) so I sort of have to use their books. PT's though I do not, how do I go about buying old PT's? And what exactly are Cambridge packets, seems like something I would be interested in buying. Thanks!

No, you don't "sort of have to use their books". There's no reason why you can't use multiple LG books (or LR or RC books, for that matter). In addition to picking up the PS guides, I'd also recommend the Manhattan guides, at the very least.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:20 pm

jk148706 wrote:

DD, didn't you previously post your PT schedule? I can't remember what it was, but did it work for you?

It's somewhere, I could post it again I suppose if you want. Just let me know. It worked well in theory. I mean, I know what to do and how to answer each question on the test, but I may have fallen victim to nerves to some extent last Monday. We'll see. I fully recommend my approach, however I am slightly afraid to defend it completely since I most likely scored below my average, which isn't exactly what I'd want the advocate of an approach to do.

jk148706

Postby jk148706 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:22 pm

Daily_Double wrote:
jk148706 wrote:

It's somewhere, I could post it again I suppose if you want. Just let me know. It worked well in theory. I mean, I know what to do and how to answer each question on the test, but I may have fallen victim to nerves to some extent last Monday. We'll see. I fully recommend my approach, however I am slightly afraid to defend it completely since I most likely scored below my average, which isn't exactly what I'd want the advocate of an approach to do.

Yeah, but you're average is somewhere around 177ish, right?

I'd do close to anything to get there.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:28 pm

I just used the word average loosely, I never really did the math, I haven't scored below 170 on a PT since late February, I had more than a handful of 180s, and most of my PTs were above 175. You don't have to "do anything," implying you'd literally take any action to realize your goal. Just put in the work. As weird and anonymously creepy as this site is, the LSAT information here is invaluable, just read the guides, follow them and profit.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:21 pm

NoodleyOne wrote:
Suits99 wrote:
SteelPenguin wrote:

He lost a bet... he's a Pens fan.

:cry: I don't love it very much...

Grond

Postby Grond » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:55 pm

Suits99 wrote:

If you have a 64 hour package, then you have access to the full length course student center, which means you have every released lsat question since June 91. There's at least 20 practice tests on there as well.

capt_slow

Postby capt_slow » Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:16 pm

It wouldn't hurt to get the manhattan prep books, too. I found the combination of ps bible and mp books very helpful

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:48 pm

get the MLSAT bundle and get all the PT's

then you can use the MLSAT forum that has answers to every single PT known to man

If they don't answer your concerns, poast it here and I will try to answer it.

Mab2013

Postby Mab2013 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:56 pm

Here's a question on using different books together. Should you study, for example LR, based on the questions types and move from book to book or is it better to finish one book ,say the PS LR bible then move to another , the Manhattan for LR? I'm working through the PS now and don't know if I should finish it before opening up the Manhattan.

Suits99

Postby Suits99 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:50 am

Mab2013 wrote:Here's a question on using different books together. Should you study, for example LR, based on the questions types and move from book to book or is it better to finish one book ,say the PS LR bible then move to another , the Manhattan for LR? I'm working through the PS now and don't know if I should finish it before opening up the Manhattan.

I was wondering this too, I think it would make sense to finish one book at a time because different books have different strategies. Also this is just me, but I feel like if you master the powerscore LR bible, and just drill LR questions from the Cambridge packets, that should be enough. Then also practice test of course. Different books call the same strategy different names and such, its just too much, keep it simple and just master the powerscore LR bible.

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:40 pm

I think with 64 hours of tutoring, its safe to say that you will be fine with just power-score's approach to the test.

Daily_Double

Postby Daily_Double » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:10 pm

RobertGolddust wrote:I think with 64 hours of tutoring, its safe to say that you will be fine with just power-score's approach to the test.

Sounds like a dubious assumption, depending upon the discrepancy between your definition of fine and mine.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”