Powerscore Full Length Live Course.

jfern466

Powerscore Full Length Live Course.

Postby jfern466 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Is this course worth the money?

I have heard the weekend course is exactly the same except the full-length is very spread out.

What are your recommendations?

The weekend or the full-length?

I am looking to take the October LSAT.

magickware

Re: Powerscore Full Length Live Course.

Postby magickware » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:37 pm

No course is worth it if you don't do extensive studying and review that goes beyond what the course demands.

Courses can bring you up into the 160s. They can never get you into 170s.

Anyways, I took the powerscore full-length one. It's good, but it really felt more like a rehash of the book material than anything truly useful. I'd say save the money and get an actual tutor instead once you fully understand your weaknesses and need someone to help you with it.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:00 pm

magickware wrote:Courses can bring you up into the 160s. They can never get you into 170s.

Not to get defensive (totally to get defensive), but I have a lot of students that disagree.

To OP - check out the reviews for the different courses here: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=151670

RobertGolddust

Postby RobertGolddust » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:01 pm

I believe that that the 20-hour tutor package includes all the material that constitutes power-score's online course. The tutors all have elite scores, so this may be the best option, if of course money is not an issue.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:04 pm

The only online class worth getting is Blueprint the Movie 2.0

Trent Tetti is seriously the GOD of Logical Reasoning.

lsatyolo

Postby lsatyolo » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 pm

magickware wrote:No course is worth it if you don't do extensive studying and review that goes beyond what the course demands.

Courses can bring you up into the 160s. They can never get you into 170s.

Anyways, I took the powerscore full-length one. It's good, but it really felt more like a rehash of the book material than anything truly useful. I'd say save the money and get an actual tutor instead once you fully understand your weaknesses and need someone to help you with it.

I second this.

SteelPenguin

Postby SteelPenguin » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:15 pm

jfern466 wrote:Is this course worth the money?

I have heard the weekend course is exactly the same except the full-length is very spread out.

What are your recommendations?

The weekend or the full-length?

I am looking to take the October LSAT.

I did the course live, and went from a 154 diagnostic to 167 PTs by the end of the class. I continued to self study around 166-170, but ultimately ended up with a 165 in December. After further self study, I was scoring all over the 170s, and I feel pretty good about my past June test. I took the class with no prior LSAT knowledge, and I found the class to be very helpful. You must do all the assigned work for each chapter though, you can't just show up and expect that to count as studying. I'm sure it also helped that I had an entertaining, knowledgeable LSAT instructor that also taught at a university. I took the class when I was out of school for a year, and I think the structure really helped me at the start of studying. If you would benefit from the structure, I'd consider it. It also helped to go to a class because I could talk to other students studying for the LSAT. Being out of college, I haven't been able to talk to anyone in person about the class, and it was nice to see others going through what I was. That being said, it was an expensive course, and I wonder if I could have saved a whole lot of money by simply studying on my own.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”