Cancel or keep it?

Poll ended at Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:59 am

Cancel it
No votes
Keep it
Total votes: 2

Postby akg144 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:59 am

Last edited by akg144 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Re: Should I cancel (Missed 2 LG & applying to Duke

Postby jingosaur » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:08 pm

Most people on this board will say that any school below YHS now takes the highest score exclusively. I'm not sure whether this is completely true, but if I were you, I would browse LSN to find Duke applicants with multiple LSATs and see how their cycles went. Retaking in October will probably be the right decision based on what you say in your post.

Only you can make a judgement of whether or not to cancel. None of use know how badly you did on LG. FWIW, I botched 2 logic games on my first try and ended up with only a -2. However, I made very educated guess on 1 LG and only a couple questions on the other really hung me up.

Re: Should I cancel? (Messed up on 2 LG and am going for Duke)

Postby magickware » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:35 pm

Keep in mind that cancels count as part of the 3 times every 2 years rule, and cancellations are shown on the records. Therefore, a cancel merely means that no one will see your official score. It still means something to the admissions folks. What it means I don't know.

Re: Should I cancel? (Messed up on 2 LG and am going for Duke)

Postby romanticegotist » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:59 pm

My two cents:

1) don't cancel. schools only care about your highest score because that's all you they have to report for rank. If there is a massive difference between the scores (north of 5 points or so) just add an addendum describing why you think you improved between them. They are likely not to care unless it smells fishy.

2) I am like 90% confident you are overworking for this and are psyching yourself out. Take a deep breath, try to find some confidence in your natural ability to take the test. If you aren't happy with the June score and wish to retake for October I would recommend taking a month off to clear your head and then just focus on the parts you are unsure about your proficiency in--in a relaxed, intellectually curious mindset. Half of this test is realizing how it personally effects you.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”