Anyone use LSAT Fox Test Prep? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
balerjoe

New

Anyone use LSAT Fox Test Prep?

Post by balerjoe » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:01 pm

I am in the process of choosing a prep company and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Fox Test Prep's online program. I have taken the lsat and I got a 139 the first time. I have 3.99 UGPA I'm a urm I can speak three languages. If I can just get it up 15-20 points by Octobers test I feel I will be giving myself a good chance to get into law school. Fox Test Prep is based out of San Francisco and being a working student that is not practical for me to travel to take the face-to-face program. I have read several wonderful reviews online but I have yet to see anything on this forum addressing this company. Any advice or suggestion are most welcome.

LSAT Blog

Silver

Re: Anyone use LSAT Fox Test Prep?

Post by LSAT Blog » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:22 pm

It looks new, so you may not find reviews from anyone who's done it before. However, it looks like he's offering free sample videos. You may want to look them to get a sense of whether you like his teaching style.

For what it's worth, I've spoken with him on the phone a few times, and he strikes me as a smart guy who knows his stuff.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:04 am

balerjoe wrote:I am in the process of choosing a prep company and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Fox Test Prep's online program. I have taken the lsat and I got a 139 the first time. I have 3.99 UGPA I'm a urm I can speak three languages. If I can just get it up 15-20 points by Octobers test I feel I will be giving myself a good chance to get into law school. Fox Test Prep is based out of San Francisco and being a working student that is not practical for me to travel to take the face-to-face program. I have read several wonderful reviews online but I have yet to see anything on this forum addressing this company. Any advice or suggestion are most welcome.

Get the Manhattan books and you'll have a great chance of raising it 15-20 points.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:43 am

Clyde Frog wrote:
balerjoe wrote:I am in the process of choosing a prep company and I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Fox Test Prep's online program. I have taken the lsat and I got a 139 the first time. I have 3.99 UGPA I'm a urm I can speak three languages. If I can just get it up 15-20 points by Octobers test I feel I will be giving myself a good chance to get into law school. Fox Test Prep is based out of San Francisco and being a working student that is not practical for me to travel to take the face-to-face program. I have read several wonderful reviews online but I have yet to see anything on this forum addressing this company. Any advice or suggestion are most welcome.

Get the Manhattan books and you'll have a great chance of raising it 15-20 points.
With that GPA OP needs to shoot for 170+ and go to HYS. I don't care how long it takes, no one should waste a near-perfect GPA on any school below the top-10.

HYS CCN MVPBN or bust!

Get the Manhattan RC and Logic Games, and Powerscore LRB and LGB (forget the RCB) Kaplan Advanced (formerly Kaplan's "LSAT 180"), the, all of the Cambridge LSAT's by type, the three most recent "Next 10's", the LSAC SuperPrep book, and a subscription to Scientific American, the Economist or the Wall Street Journal.

That's all you will need. Start by reading your magazine daily and reading your PowerScore Bibles. Follow up with the Manhattan books. Ramp up the practice on sections once you understand all of the concepts. Reserve at least 20-30 practice exams to take timed prior to the real exam (you should be taking 2-3 timed exams per week to build stamina). Do 3-6 months of prep.

Anyone with a 3.99 clearly has the discipline to make it happen without a prep course. If you find it hard to grasp the concepts, then join a prep course.

If you aren't ready by October, don't fret. Take the December test and put your best foot forward, preferably once.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:02 am

PDaddy wrote:
Clyde Frog wrote:

With that GPA OP needs to shoot for 170+ and go to HYS. I don't care how long it takes, no one should waste a near-perfect GPA on any school below the top-10.

HYS CCN MVPBN or bust!

Get the Manhattan RC and Logic Games, and Powerscore LRB and LGB (forget the RCB) Kaplan Advanced (formerly Kaplan's "LSAT 180"), the, all of the Cambridge LSAT's by type, the three most recent "Next 10's", the LSAC SuperPrep book, and a subscription to Scientific American, the Economist or the Wall Street Journal.

That's all you will need. Start by reading your magazine daily and reading your PowerScore Bibles. Follow up with the Manhattan books. Ramp up the practice on sections once you understand all of the concepts. Reserve at least 20-30 practice exams to take timed prior to the real exam (you should be taking 2-3 timed exams per week to build stamina). Do 3-6 months of prep.

Anyone with a 3.99 clearly has the discipline to make it happen without a prep course. If you find it hard to grasp the concepts, then join a prep course.

If you aren't ready by October, don't fret. Take the December test and put your best foot forward, preferably once.

I completely agree that he should go for a 170. Not sure about Kaplan Advanced because I've never read it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:57 pm

Definitely give Nathan Fox a try if you don't feel comfortable studying on your own. I've done a couple of preview classes with him and he's brilliant. A few of my friends took his onsite course and said he was fantastic. I unfortunately don't know anyone who's done the online program, but you should at least consider it.

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:07 pm

fkt18 wrote:
Definitely give Nathan Fox a try if you don't feel comfortable studying on your own. I've done a couple of preview classes with him and he's brilliant. A few of my friends took his onsite course and said he was fantastic. I unfortunately don't know anyone who's done the online program, but you should at least consider it.
It's worth noting that most of the reviews of his books on Amazon look fake. A ton of 5 star reviews (even for books that had been released within days of the reviews) by people who had reviewed nothing else, and then quite a few one or two star reviews of the books, buried among the rest.

How very curious that this poster with five posts total recommends Nathan Fox.

Slytherpuff

Platinum

Post by Slytherpuff » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:28 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
fkt18 wrote:
It's worth noting that most of the reviews of his books on Amazon look fake. A ton of 5 star reviews (even for books that had been released within days of the reviews) by people who had reviewed nothing else, and then quite a few one or two star reviews of the books, buried among the rest.

How very curious that this poster with five posts total recommends Nathan Fox.
I just joined today (to ask an unrelated question and to join the rest of the June 2013 waiters). That doesn't mean I'm blindly promoting Fox Test Prep, though!

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend using the books alone, but Nathan Fox's actual class could be a good idea for balerjoe's situation. You can view the first six videos free to see if you like his teaching style, so you can definitely decide for yourself.

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:48 pm

I wish people would just opt to self study. There's too much great material out there to spend over $1,000 on a class.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:08 pm

Clyde Frog wrote:I wish people would just opt to self study. There's too much great material out there to spend over $1,000 on a class.

PDaddy

Gold

Post by PDaddy » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:26 pm

Clyde Frog wrote:

I completely agree that he should go for a 170. Not sure about Kaplan Advanced because I've never read it.
I completely missed OP's note that he is a URM. He doesn't "need" a 170+ to get into HYS, but the financial opportunities would be off the board if he did.

SEO, MCCA, CLEO, ABA, all kinds of merit-based scholarships, both institutional and organizational...

The list would go on. A URM with basically a 4.0/170+ can "profit" from those metrics. And if he goes to one of the five gradeless schools...

Forget about being debt-free, you can actually earn money. Some scholarships are disbursed as cash. Even if they aren't, there's not a need that won't go unmet, and OP's summer earnings are just cash in the bank.

Irundistance

New

Post by Irundistance » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:24 pm

Stellar GPA! I don't know much about Fox, I'm going to be using Blueprint in SF...I'm a URM (AA Male) with a 3.8; what LSAT score do I "need" for T14 schools?

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:32 pm

Irundistance wrote:Stellar GPA! I don't know much about Fox, I'm going to be using Blueprint in SF...I'm a URM (AA Male) with a 3.8; what LSAT score do I "need" for T14 schools?
No one knows what you're capable of. Study for a 180.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

balerjoe

New

Post by balerjoe » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:16 am

Thanks everyone for the helpful suggestions!

karend

New

Post by karend » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:15 pm

Fox LSAT is wonderful! I improved my score by 12 points during his class, and some of the people improved theirs by even more (one woman improved her score by 18 points after only one month). Nathan was generous, professional, and very funny. He debunked a lot of myths about law school, and tried to come off as a brusque, sort of skeptical guy, but you can tell that he is actually very kind. He clearly loves teaching and explains the logic games very well. Also, he is very flexible with payment plans. I thought I wasn't going to be able to take his class because of a work conflict, and he immediately refunded my deposit, no questions asked, even though it was only a few days before the first class. Luckily I got to take the class, but that first generosity really made a good impression.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Mon Sep 28, 2015 2:34 pm

karend wrote:Fox LSAT is wonderful! I improved my score by 12 points during his class, and some of the people improved theirs by even more (one woman improved her score by 18 points after only one month). Nathan was generous, professional, and very funny. He debunked a lot of myths about law school, and tried to come off as a brusque, sort of skeptical guy, but you can tell that he is actually very kind. He clearly loves teaching and explains the logic games very well. Also, he is very flexible with payment plans. I thought I wasn't going to be able to take his class because of a work conflict, and he immediately refunded my deposit, no questions asked, even though it was only a few days before the first class. Luckily I got to take the class, but that first generosity really made a good impression.
Right, and you just created an account and bumped a 3 year old thread to share that with the world?

iskrispykremeacarb

New

Post by iskrispykremeacarb » Mon Sep 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Just get the Kindle Unlimited Trial and you can read his Intro to LSAT book for free. Its a good overview. However, I am a retaker, and its a nice refresher, but I think it would be more helpful if you are totally new to the exam.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

mornincounselor

Silver

Post removed.

Post by mornincounselor » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:00 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by mornincounselor on Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PatriotP74

Silver

Post removed...

Post by PatriotP74 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 6:34 pm

Post removed...
Last edited by PatriotP74 on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

iskrispykremeacarb

New

Post by iskrispykremeacarb » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:41 am

I searched and could not find too many TLS reviews, probably because this guy is too new and small vs. the bigger preptest companies. He does have amazon reviews. I know that I don't have many posts, and I did not make this account to promote him, I will personally say that I cannot attest to his class or book besides saying that you can view it for free for a month through Amazon Kindle Unlimited as well as see reviews on Amazon, so the best bet is to read those reviews and give it a free try before committing to a class. That is what I am doing and I have done the Testmasters class before as well....uh like 5 years ago haha. His beginner's guide is so general you can use it in conjunction with whatever other prep material you have.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”