deleted Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
North

Gold

Re: cancel if aiming for HYS?

Post by North » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:58 pm

North wrote:Let it ride.

gottago

Bronze

deleted

Post by gottago » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:47 am

deleted
Last edited by gottago on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:03 am

The correct answer is to keep the score. Just leave it be, sheesh.

questionsandanswers

New

Post by questionsandanswers » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:05 am

I was in the exact same position last February. I was looking at 168-172, definitely not higher. I cancelled. I can't take the June exam (can't not couldn't, I live in Asia and test day is June 23rd... when I have a final exam for school...) so I'm taking a shot at the October exam. Reading this thread sort of makes me regret that I cancelled... Anyway, whatever you do, good luck! :D

gottago

Bronze

deleted

Post by gottago » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:10 pm

deleted
Last edited by gottago on Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Reframe

New

Post by Reframe » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:13 pm

For what it's worth, when I took the test, the only three questions I could remember afterwards were the only three questions I got wrong. I nearly canceled; that would've been a big waste of time and energy. Think back to your practice tests. Did you often remember questions you had gotten right? Did you often forget questions you had missed? If the answer to either of those questions is "no", canceling would seem less reasonable.

trojandave

Bronze

Post by trojandave » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:30 pm

gottago wrote:
trojandave wrote:
gottago wrote:although the worst option does make more assumptions, isn't the assumption that I messed up more likely than that I went perfect?
If you learned anything from the LSAT it's that you can't assume... You're just worrying right now and that's natural. A retake won't hurt you if you need one, so why not at least see if you need one? You may not, but if you cancel you definitely will. It's always an option but why force it on yourself without seeing this score first? There's a decent chance you already got what you want. Stop stressing - the test will be there in October if you need it
Yes I am inclined to agree with this. However (and I don't want to sound like I'm arguing just to argue with you--I want to believe you), when an assumption must be made, as is the case when I was either perfect or nearly so on the rest of a test I don't even remember, or I wasn't, isn't it more reasonable to believe I didn't?

They wouldn't be bare assumptions. They can be argued for. Like one reason to believe I went perfect is that if I don't remember them then I probably did fine on them because the problems that cause me trouble I remember them well enough to dwell on them. A reason to believe I didn't go perfect is (a)faulty memory, instead of the test's ease, could be responsible for my lack of recollection, combined with (b) across 95 questions it's just less likely I went 94/95 out of 95.
Dude, you're fine. You could have left the test feeling that you got a 180 - totally sure of it - and find out you had a bubbling error when the scores come back. Your assumptions don't mean shit. Stop worrying about assumptions and overthinking. You took the test, you feel you did well, so get the score. It's not the end of the world. You don't lose ANYTHING by getting your score. You can always retake. This isn't even an issue in my mind

romanticegotist

Gold

Post by romanticegotist » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:32 pm

OP is weirding me out with his HYS blinders.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”