Blueprint LSAT Prep

Irundistance

Blueprint LSAT Prep

Postby Irundistance » Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:59 am

So, after researching and gauging opinions here on TLS, I have decided to choose Blueprint in San Francisco for my LSAT prep course(The Oct-Dec live course). I would like to know what people liked/disliked about Blueprint? Also, how much your score increased from your diagnostic to the actual LSAT? I took a practice LSAT and scored a 146. Logic games were by far my worst section. Does Blueprint provide a solid foundation for Logic Games? (I tried using the LGB from Powerscore/ Drill/ Review and it did not help) Thanks!

itachiuchiha

Re: Blueprint LSAT Prep

Postby itachiuchiha » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:07 pm

all courses are the same. all trash, either get Manhattan interact 7sage or self study

Irundistance

Postby Irundistance » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:16 pm

Lol thanks, self study hasn't worked for me

nyjets2090

Postby nyjets2090 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:22 pm

I can tell you the BP LG book is pretty awesome. Their approach emphasis the setup and looking for scenarios, and without getting too specific, it made the June '13 games very easy.

People here seem to say BP/PS/Manhattan are TCR for courses.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:30 pm

Irundistance wrote:So, after researching and gauging opinions here on TLS, I have decided to choose Blueprint in San Francisco for my LSAT prep course(The Oct-Dec live course). I would like to know what people liked/disliked about Blueprint? Also, how much your score increased from your diagnostic to the actual LSAT? I took a practice LSAT and scored a 146. Logic games were by far my worst section. Does Blueprint provide a solid foundation for Logic Games? (I tried using the LGB from Powerscore/ Drill/ Review and it did not help) Thanks!

Great to have you in our class up in SF! I'll let others tell you about their experiences in our class, but if you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

westtech

Postby westtech » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Blueprints LG book is really good. It emphasizes deductions and teaches you how to make quick work of the questions. I thought it was a lot clearer than Powerscore although the methods are somewhat similar. I haven't done MSLAT LG though.

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Tue Jun 11, 2013 3:43 pm

westtech wrote:Blueprints LG book is really good. It emphasizes deductions and teaches you how to make quick work of the questions. I thought it was a lot clearer than Powerscore although the methods are somewhat similar. I haven't done MSLAT LG though.

Glad you enjoyed the book! Was there anything in there that you thought we could have done better, or anything you found particularly helpful that you'd like to see expanded?

Irundistance

Postby Irundistance » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:55 pm

westtech wrote:Blueprints LG book is really good. It emphasizes deductions and teaches you how to make quick work of the questions. I thought it was a lot clearer than Powerscore although the methods are somewhat similar. I haven't done MSLAT LG though.

Thank you! I will definitely go through it before the class begins

JWP1022

Postby JWP1022 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:08 pm

I took a Blueprint course in DC and had a really good instructor (Mark) who did a good job of laying everything out, and who was especially good with logic games. It didn't do much for me in terms of RC or LR though (aside from providing basic understanding).

If you really, really want to have everything click with LR, pick up the Manhattan LR book.

sam62188

Postby sam62188 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:25 pm

I recently finished a Blue Print course in Berkeley for the June 2013 test. The class size was much larger than I anticipated, but I think the books and course lay out is pretty effective. Overall I feel that all prep companies do a similar job with LG, but I felt that Blueprint had a much more developed RC strategy.

westtech

Postby westtech » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:57 pm

bp shinners wrote:

Glad you enjoyed the book! Was there anything in there that you thought we could have done better, or anything you found particularly helpful that you'd like to see expanded?

The thing I like most about the book was the detailed walk through of each game, I was pretty decent at getting the deductions before the book but whenever I would come across a conditional question that would require more than one hypo I would kind of freeze and just try to brute force the questions, so the book boosted my confidence a lot in spending the time up front.

The thing that I liked the least was the fact that the technique for breaking a game into scenarios comes really really late in the book. Getting that intuitive sense of when to break a game into scenarios is not something that comes easy to me so I would have liked to see it showcased more throughout the book. But other than that I liked it a lot. Matt Riley is a beast.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”