Another "cancel or not?`" thread.

Vexed

Another "cancel or not?`" thread.

Postby Vexed » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:15 am

As I was finishing LG's today, I noticed that I had bubbled 22 questions when there was really 23, but I definitely did the last question. So I have a feeling my bubbling was off and every subsequent question was screwed.

That being said, I think at most it was game 3 and 4 that were off, and likely only the latter half of 3 (if at all) and definitely 4 (maybe only the 4th game). I definitely cross-checked the first two games, saw the 3rd game, (stupidly) decided it was probably the most difficult, and skipped to the last game before jumping back and doing the 3rd.

That being said, games has been my weakest section fairly consistently. I've been consistently PT'ing in 168-174 range. I don't have any prior actual tests.

Should I cancel? My GPA probably has me locked out at HYS and most of CCN (3.6-7 range). How much would an October retake, if this really does screw me a lot, hurt me?

Rest of it didn't feel bad. LR's were nothing special, and I know everybody is freaking out about RC, but only one of the sections felt especially tough and I still feel like I only came out -1 or -2 on that passage.

objection_your_honor

Re: Another "cancel or not?`" thread.

Postby objection_your_honor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:18 am

If I knew I had completely misbubbled the last game for sure (and possibly half of all LG) I would cancel.

With that said, a low score matters very little. It may be worth it to just hold out and see the number. Retakes only help.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:21 am

I have heard of this working before:

Request it to be hand graded (tell them you misbubbled) and if you were simply off by 1 and clearly have the right pattern of answers, they will give you credit.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:24 am

Nova wrote:I have heard of this working before:

Request it to be hand graded (tell them you misbubbled) and if you were simply off by 1 and clearly have the right pattern of answers, they will give you credit.

That's awesome. Definitely try this. I hope this works out for you OP. I've misbubbled on PTs and I've freaked out plenty over that. I couldn't imagine what you're going through doing it on the real thing.

Vexed

Postby Vexed » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:37 am

objection_your_honor wrote:If I knew I had completely misbubbled the last game for sure (and possibly half of all LG) I would cancel.

With that said, a low score matters very little. It may be worth it to just hold out and see the number. Retakes only help.

Given where my GPA puts me at, are there any net benefits to canceling over seeing the score? As I left the test my gut was with canceling, but I'm having a hard time justifying not just seeing the score and retaking if need be.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:40 am

Vexed wrote:
objection_your_honor wrote:If I knew I had completely misbubbled the last game for sure (and possibly half of all LG) I would cancel.

Given where my GPA puts me at, are there any net benefits to canceling over seeing the score?

not really, because only YSH really care about about multiple scores

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:42 am

Nova wrote:not really, because only YSH really care about about multiple scores

I seriously wish I knew this before December 2012. This is why TLS is so great. I actually gave up on my 2nd LSAT and cancelled because I was afraid of multiple low 160s scores. Then I saw the curve and I was pretty pissed. I then knew I would have scored at least 3 or 4 points higher on that LSAT than my only other score.

Nova

Postby Nova » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:45 am

December curves are the best

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”