Gonna Cancel and Retake in Oct..

bbkk

Gonna Cancel and Retake in Oct..

Postby bbkk » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:56 pm

Hey all,

I've been reading on this forum for quite a while and I know people here are prob the smartest I could ever meet...so PLEASE help me and give me some advice...

I studied for the June test for about 2 month..I am working full-time but still tried to do a timed PT per day...finished all PTs but my score is pretty inconsistent...most of them are 171~173..in the middle hit 174/175 a couple times in a row...got a 179 once..and then last week I started to panic and got 169..twice..and did my last PT on Saturday.. got 167 ..and I bubbled 4 questions wrong!!! I always do that... a lot careless mistakes here and there...

So today..I got 2 RC and bombed the 2nd one, and from which I gathered from the other thread..that one was the actual thing.. I felt the LG was ok..BUT in the last few mins i realized that I bubbled 23 question into 24 lines....I was freaking out and quickly erased them and re-bubbled..finished them right before the proctor called but I really don't know how accurate I bubbled them the 2nd time...Usually if I don't miss any question on LG I got above 170. Now for this one..I am really not sure...

Now I have decided to cancel it and retake in Oct. My target score is 175+ as I'm targeting at T6...My GPA is ok (3.96/4.0) and I just need to work on the LSAT...Anybody can give me some advice on how to improve? I felt I kinda stuck in the lower 170s and my careless mistakes really hurt me...but i guess my biggest issue is still RC...I want to get a private tutor to help me out a bit..any suggestions???

------

I'm pasting it back since it's already been quoted..okay I'm sorry I did that...I just realized I didn't really ask any specific question so I thought I might just get rid of it..don't wanna waste people's time...hmm apparently it's not good? Sorry I'm new here..don't know the rules.. :cry:

Now how about I just ask something specific? What should I do when I study for the second round if I've already finished all the PTs? If I redo it the scores wouldn't be accurate... Any thoughts?
Last edited by bbkk on Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

NanaP

Re: Gonna Cancel and Retake in Oct..HELP HELP HELP PLEASE!!

Postby NanaP » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:09 pm

bbkk wrote:Hey all,

I've been reading on this forum for quite a while and I know people here are prob the smartest I could ever meet...so PLEASE help me and give me some advice...

I studied for the June test for about 2 month..I am working full-time but still tried to do a timed PT per day...finished all PTs but my score is pretty inconsistent...most of them are 171~173..in the middle hit 174/175 a couple times in a row...got a 179 once..and then last week I started to panic and got 169..twice..and did my last PT on Saturday.. got 167 ..and I bubbled 4 questions wrong!!! I always do that... a lot careless mistakes here and there...

So today..I got 2 RC and bombed the 2nd one, and from which I gathered from the other thread..that one was the actual thing.. I felt the LG was ok..BUT in the last few mins i realized that I bubbled 23 question into 24 lines....I was freaking out and quickly erased them and re-bubbled..finished them right before the proctor called but I really don't know how accurate I bubbled them the 2nd time...Usually if I don't miss any question on LG I got above 170. Now for this one..I am really not sure...

Now I have decided to cancel it and retake in Oct. My target score is 175+ as I'm targeting at T6...My GPA is ok (3.96/4.0) and I just need to work on the LSAT...Anybody can give me some advice on how to improve? I felt I kinda stuck in the lower 170s and my careless mistakes really hurt me...but i guess my biggest issue is still RC...I want to get a private tutor to help me out a bit..any suggestions???

Maube its just me but I don't think you should cancel, especially if your scoring that high. You can still take it in October if your score is lower

bbkk

Postby bbkk » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:11 pm

NanaP wrote:
Maube its just me but I don't think you should cancel, especially if your scoring that high. You can still take it in October if your score is lower

Hmmm the school I am looking at will consider an average score...and a below-170 score will def hurt my application...

thelawdoctor

Postby thelawdoctor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:21 pm

Its your call, do what you gotta do based on what you feel is your best choice.

thelawdoctor

Re: deleted*

Postby thelawdoctor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:15 pm

bbkk wrote:deleted*

I love how it is "deleted" after already being quoted..............awesome, just awesome........ :roll:

thelawdoctor

Postby thelawdoctor » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:15 pm

NanaP wrote:

OP did you make your choice?

bbkk

Postby bbkk » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:38 pm

thelawdoctor wrote:
bbkk wrote:deleted*

I love how it is "deleted" after already being quoted..............awesome, just awesome........ :roll:

Just thought it'd be a waste of people's time since I don't even have a specific question... :?

sublime

Postby sublime » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:39 pm

bbkk

Postby bbkk » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:43 pm

sublime wrote:I swear to god I am going to start quoting the OP in every topic I post in just to prevent back edits. That shit is mad annoying.

I just don't wanna waste people's time...and I don't know how to delete it...

sublime

Postby sublime » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:47 pm

bbkk

Postby bbkk » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:51 pm

sublime wrote:
bbkk wrote:
sublime wrote:I swear to god I am going to start quoting the OP in every topic I post in just to prevent back edits. That shit is mad annoying.

I just don't wanna waste people's time...and I don't know how to delete it...

It is cool. No worries. And someone else already quoted it. But you can always just leave it. At least half the topics on this forum are garbage anyway, and if this was too, it would have died on its own.

Thanks for explaining that.. but I pasted it back...thought of some question to ask.. might be good if people do have suggestions...

sublime

Postby sublime » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:55 pm

bbkk

Postby bbkk » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:58 pm

thelawdoctor wrote:
NanaP wrote:

OP did you make your choice?

I'm gonna cancel.. 100% sure...tomorrow morning when I get to office, the first thing I'm going to do is printing out the cancellation form and fax it...

bbkk

Postby bbkk » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:02 am

sublime wrote:Np. Cancelling is probably a good idea. And your GPA is excellent, not ok. And you did ALL the PT's in two months? 72? More than one a day?

A bit over 2 months and I didn't a few before (the A B C and the one posted on LSAC website). Then the rest 60+ PTs in the past 2 months, averagely 1 per day. I work full time and I can't focus after dinner..so I used to get up at 4am everyday and do a PT...

sublime

Postby sublime » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:07 am

bbkk

Postby bbkk » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:12 am

sublime wrote:
bbkk wrote:
sublime wrote:Np. Cancelling is probably a good idea. And your GPA is excellent, not ok. And you did ALL the PT's in two months? 72? More than one a day?

A bit over 2 months and I didn't a few before (the A B C and the one posted on LSAC website). Then the rest 60+ PTs in the past 2 months, averagely 1 per day. I work full time and I can't focus after dinner..so I used to get up at 4am everyday and do a PT...

Ok, well start here regardless - http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=200917
In that thred, NoodleyOne has a guide specifically for retakers.
I am confused, so what numbers have you done? 60+? You will want to diversify your studying a bit. PTing is important, especially close to the test, but reviewing those PT's may even be more important. Also, spend time earlier drilling and learning strategies. You have like 4 months until October. Plenty of time to prep.

And if it makes you feel better, I am a retaker as well :)

It does make me feel better! :D

Yeah I tried to review thoroughly and for LR that really helped. But for RC I didn't see much improvement honestly...

sublime

Postby sublime » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:15 am

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”