Mapping/Circular LG for OCT 2013 LSAT? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Dr. Dre

Gold

Re: Mapping/Circular LG for OCT 2013 LSAT?

Post by Dr. Dre » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:45 am

magickware wrote:
californiauser wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:we will see a game similar to that airlines LG
They would need to test it out in an experimental section first, right?

Do complex games ever jump from the lab straight to a scored section?
Could have been done on an experimental years ago.
it has.

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:28 pm

Last edited by 062914123 on Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TX_UH

Bronze

Post by TX_UH » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:35 pm

Sources?...Ms. Cleo :roll:

californiauser

Silver

Post by californiauser » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:45 pm

Dr. Dre wrote:
magickware wrote:
californiauser wrote:
Dr. Dre wrote:we will see a game similar to that airlines LG
They would need to test it out in an experimental section first, right?

Do complex games ever jump from the lab straight to a scored section?
Could have been done on an experimental years ago.
it has.
Really? Damn. I've been on TLS for a few years (lurking) and I don't remember anyone talking about it.

crestor

Bronze

Post by crestor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:07 pm

not going to happen

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:16 pm

I've heard they're gonna get MENSA starting in October. They have to do this in response to the growing number of re-takers. The reason they've added blank pages to the LG section is a software/formatting issue, not to give you more space to write your diagrams. They're gonna start filling that space with multiple puzzles, like the one found here:

--LinkRemoved--

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:43 pm

How would that make sense? This is what LSAC says regarding their AR section-

"Analytical Reasoning questions are designed to assess the ability to consider a group of facts and rules, and, given those facts and rules, determine what could or must be true. The specific scenarios associated with these questions are usually unrelated to law, since they are intended to be accessible to a wide range of test takers. However, the skills tested parallel those involved in determining what could or must be the case given a set of regulations, the terms of a contract, or the facts of a legal case in relation to the law. In Analytical Reasoning questions, you are asked to reason deductively from a set of statements and rules or principles that describe relationships among persons, things, or events."

That MENSA brainteaser you posted doesn't really match the above. Of course, LSAC can change their format at any time, but one would hope that they would announce if they make such a drastic change in their test.

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:23 pm

magickware wrote:How would that make sense? This is what LSAC says regarding their AR section-

"Analytical Reasoning questions are designed to assess the ability to consider a group of facts and rules, and, given those facts and rules, determine what could or must be true. The specific scenarios associated with these questions are usually unrelated to law, since they are intended to be accessible to a wide range of test takers. However, the skills tested parallel those involved in determining what could or must be the case given a set of regulations, the terms of a contract, or the facts of a legal case in relation to the law. In Analytical Reasoning questions, you are asked to reason deductively from a set of statements and rules or principles that describe relationships among persons, things, or events."

That MENSA brainteaser you posted doesn't really match the above. Of course, LSAC can change their format at any time, but one would hope that they would announce if they make such a drastic change in their test.

The symbols represent facts, multiple symbols represent groups of facts, and the pattern in the teaser gives rules by which one must determine what is true and untrue. The only thing LSAC announces is that you must not talk about L...ack ack ackk

steel_shot

Bronze

Post by steel_shot » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:27 pm

justonemoregame wrote:I've heard they're gonna get MENSA starting in October. They have to do this in response to the growing number of re-takers. The reason they've added blank pages to the LG section is a software/formatting issue, not to give you more space to write your diagrams. They're gonna start filling that space with multiple puzzles, like the one found here:

--LinkRemoved--
What? If they started adding in huge changes like that it wouldn't really reflect an accurate score.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:33 pm

steel_shot wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:I've heard they're gonna get MENSA starting in October. They have to do this in response to the growing number of re-takers. The reason they've added blank pages to the LG section is a software/formatting issue, not to give you more space to write your diagrams. They're gonna start filling that space with multiple puzzles, like the one found here:

--LinkRemoved--
What? If they started adding in huge changes like that it wouldn't really reflect an accurate score.
Of course it would - you are scored relative to your peers' performance.
Last edited by justonemoregame on Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:43 pm

--LinkRemoved--

I really hope you're trolling, but judging by other posts I've seen, you don't seem to be the trolling type. Do you have a link to where you read this rumor or was it something you literally heard? How reputable do you think your source is?

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:50 pm

I heard it from a couple of sources, one a current pre-law advisor and political science professor who used to be a lawprof (took a course with him in undergrad). I also knew him through a work-study program. He said he's heard LSAC has played with the idea, but he believes they are closer to implementing it now. He thinks they will not implement it without a "warning" - essentially posting a revised edition of the sample free exam on their website. I think they will essentially sub one of the LGs for a handful of teaser-type questions. LG has become mechanical and it's sort of the weak-link section which is easiest to improve upon.

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:59 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TheMostDangerousLG

Gold

Post by TheMostDangerousLG » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:03 pm

This rumor happens every test. I wouldn't worry about it.

Gold

Post by 062914123 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:04 pm

doublehoohopeful

Silver

Post by doublehoohopeful » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:06 pm

--LinkRemoved--
Last edited by doublehoohopeful on Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SteelPenguin

Silver

Post by SteelPenguin » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:09 pm

--LinkRemoved--
October wouldn't make much sense, because you'd have many many students in the same cycle that took drastically different tests, retook different tests, etc. If any drastic change was made, they'd probably have to do it for a June test.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

steel_shot

Bronze

Post by steel_shot » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:45 pm

justonemoregame wrote:
steel_shot wrote:

--LinkRemoved--
Of course it would - you are scored relative to your peers' performance.
Yeah but not compared to others in that cycle. If an otherwise 170 scorer writes in October and gets a 165 because they bombed the new section, it wouldn't reflect their ability. Especially under timed conditions and without an experimental section to test it out. Then it would create an unfair comparison between those who wrote June and those who wrote for the rest of the year. Unless there was a curve that made up for it, which seems tough for them to decide on without a single experimental.

I don't believe this at at all, but I'm also probably not writing in October.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:35 pm

Some of you are really gullible. :P

cahwc12

Silver

Post by cahwc12 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:41 pm

Why the fuck is this thread still open?

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Jeffort wrote:Some of you are really gullible. :P

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Clyde Frog

Platinum

Post by Clyde Frog » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:37 pm

--LinkRemoved--
I heard that during the LG section LSAT takers will be thrown into an arena and be required to do battle with crab people.

I can't disclose my source, but they're pretty reliable.

steel_shot

Bronze

Post by steel_shot » Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:54 pm

Clyde Frog wrote:

--LinkRemoved--
I heard that during the LG section LSAT takers will be thrown into an arena and be required to do battle with crab people.

http://i.imgur.com/TAPE4mf.jpg

PourMeTea

Platinum

Post removed.

Post by PourMeTea » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:09 am

Post removed.
Last edited by PourMeTea on Fri May 08, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

magickware

Bronze

Post by magickware » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:23 am

Clyde Frog wrote: I heard that during the LG section LSAT takers will be thrown into an arena and be required to do battle with crab people.

Honestly, I'd rather battle the crab people than work on any of the LSAT sections.

You can throw in the underpants gnomes too.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”