Is it my illusion? or this June LSAT is difficult?

dewdawn

Is it my illusion? or this June LSAT is difficult?

Postby dewdawn » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:18 pm

just finished the test. so difficult! anyone has opinions?

itachiuchiha

Re: Is it my illusion? or this June LSAT is difficult?

Postby itachiuchiha » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:19 pm

definitely a hard one

dewdawn

Postby dewdawn » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:21 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:definitely a hard one

glad to know that I am not insane...

Dog

Postby Dog » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:27 pm

I felt absolutely perfect through the first four sections. Probably made a couple careless mistakes along the way but I felt great. LG took me longer than usual but I still got answers for everything in time. I got RC last, the first half felt pretty good, that patent passage was a little sketchy, and then all hell broke loose over dodo birds.

No idea how tough the curve will be, but I expect a score in the lower 170s. I was thinking high 170s prior to those last two passages. I'm really hoping I managed to hit a 174+ but my performance on the couple passages didn't exactly inspire confidence in me.

ballsoharduniversity

Postby ballsoharduniversity » Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:35 pm

Just took it and I'm pretty sure I got shat on. Got 3 LR sections and I'm hoping the first one is the experimental... that was also my first section and it just threw me off for the rest of the test.

christam

Postby christam » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:56 am

Dog wrote:I felt absolutely perfect through the first four sections. Probably made a couple careless mistakes along the way but I felt great. LG took me longer than usual but I still got answers for everything in time. I got RC last, the first half felt pretty good, that patent passage was a little sketchy, and then all hell broke loose over dodo birds.

No idea how tough the curve will be, but I expect a score in the lower 170s. I was thinking high 170s prior to those last two passages. I'm really hoping I managed to hit a 174+ but my performance on the couple passages didn't exactly inspire confidence in me.

Same, everything as good until snacks and juices. I still got it down and everything else went well but that sucked haha

If I had to bet on myself, I'd say 175. I think I made the right changes when I reviewed sections in extra time.

steel_shot

Postby steel_shot » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:42 am

Hmm, it's really tough to say. I found LR a bit weird, I know a messed up somewhere in there because I felt like I was taking forever, and was unsure on at least 6 or 7 questions per section, and finished five minutes earlier than normal. LG seemed okay, I finished a bit early and as long as I didn't make any stupid mistakes I think I got it all right. RC was good, except the last passage, probably got a few wrong there.

Basically, I don't think it's possible to tell, I'm just hoping for a 170+, but doubtful. Disappointing too since I was PTing in the mid 170s beforehand.

ballsoharduniversity wrote:Just took it and I'm pretty sure I got shat on. Got 3 LR sections and I'm hoping the first one is the experimental... that was also my first section and it just threw me off for the rest of the test.

Oh god I had the same order, felt off for the first one. I've heard that the first one was not experimental though, which feelsbadman.

nyjets2090

Postby nyjets2090 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:59 am

Games were easy (and games are my toughest section), 1 very difficult LR section, 1 moderate LR section, RC was above average but not terribly difficult.

I really believe that this is a -11 curve, 2 wrong for a 180 and then going down -1 for raw score.

That may be wishful thinking though.

Dog

Postby Dog » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:08 am

I'm starting to feel more optimistic as I've seen some things on the web suggesting maybe I didn't fair so poorly on the last RC passage. That said, the only thing that is certain is it's going to be a long wait for July 5.

capt_slow

Postby capt_slow » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:14 am

Tell me about it... This wait is going to be LONG! Hopefully my move will help distract me.

aboutmydaylight

Postby aboutmydaylight » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:16 am

I thought games and RC were pretty easy while LR were uncharacteristically more difficult than I'm used to, and that's usually my best section. I mean everything was finished in time, but there was like 4 questions per section that I basically had to make an educated guess after narrowing it down to 2 options. And they weren't like typical hard questions like assumption or parallel reasoning either. They were like strengthen and must be true, which really tripped me up.

Ende

Postby Ende » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:33 am

What I remember about this whole ordeal, lol

I did a dry run on Saturday to the location, which was great as Google maps sent me to the wrong location.

I woke up yesterday not nervous, more like "yea whatever". Did my normal routine (coffee, gym, breakfast, warmup). Got in the car and got to the location early. I didn't feel nervous or anything. One girl was complaining about not being allowed to bring a prohibited item in. I followed all directions as specified.

Sat in my seat, the exam was passed out and the exam started. I do recall reading the premise and having a very difficult time remembering it. I was floating I guess. After the first section, 1 person left.

Moved onto the next section, which I can't recall if it was another LR section or an LG section. Overall, the LG section wasn't out of the ordinary. Looking back, I don't feel I was even remotely systematic. The questions in the LR sections seemed very convoluted.

By the time I got to section 5 (RC), I made it through the first passage and my brain wasn't having no more. I was done. I did fight through to the best of my ability.

I got to the writing sample, brainstormed and wrote what I felt was a decent argument, all things considered. By the time that was done, I felt fine again.

I am anticipating taking the exam again, which I knew I was probably going to have to do. I'm not canceling my score, so well see.

I will say LSAC did a great job handling the exam. Very professional and the environment was controlled. I left that place laughing because I knew on that exam, that was all I could do. But yea, it did feel out of the ordinary.

Typhoon24

Postby Typhoon24 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:39 am

Nah, not difficult for a June test. Comparing it with oct and dec, it was a pleasant experience. 10 or 11 curve most likely. Don't worry about it too much, it's just post test anxiety.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”