is a mugshot okay for my lsat picture???

itachiuchiha

is a mugshot okay for my lsat picture???

Postby itachiuchiha » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:06 pm

Or should I head over to walgreens?

stillwater

Re: is a mugshot okay for my lsat picture???

Postby stillwater » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:14 pm

itachiuchiha wrote:Or should I head over to walgreens?

im shaking my head.

magickware

Postby magickware » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:17 pm

The Walgreen's one will not work.

I got mine done at Costco.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:19 pm

story plz

txdude45

Postby txdude45 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:28 pm

Nova wrote:story plz

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:38 pm

badaboom61

Postby badaboom61 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:43 pm

If it meets the size / quality requirements I would think it would work, and I'm pretty sure LSAC does not send it to law schools. Although if you were convicted, the law school would see it anyway, and if you weren't, I'm not sure why you would want to be circulating the mugshot to anyone at all.

itachiuchiha

Postby itachiuchiha » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:43 pm

magickware wrote:The Walgreen's one will not work.

I got mine done at Costco.

why wont walgreens work?

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:50 pm

It will, as long as it's the right size. I've gotten my picture from CVS for all three LSATs. They didn't have a problem with it the first two times.

In all seriousness, your mugshot picture is probably okay as well.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:51 pm

Ive heard Walgreens works fine

magickware

Postby magickware » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:05 pm

Could just be my particular Walgreen.

The place didn't have a passport sized picture. Everything was either too big or too small.

laww

Postby laww » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:15 pm

I have a passport sized photo of myself I took using their guidelines. That should be good right?

Clyde Frog

Postby Clyde Frog » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:25 pm

What about a caricature of myself that was done at Six Flags?

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:47 pm

laww wrote:I have a passport sized photo of myself I took using their guidelines. That should be good right?

Yeah. Dudes, this is the wrong time to be asking these kinds of questions.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:37 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
laww wrote:I have a passport sized photo of myself I took using their guidelines. That should be good right?

Correct. The best time to worry about this is after midnight when it will be difficult to find a 24 hour CVS or Wallgreens with someone on duty that knows how to work the photo counter.

For anyone in doubt about whether or not they have an acceptable photo, it only takes a few minutes to get a passport photo taken and printed at a CVS or WallGreens or other place with a photo counter and costs less than $8. I don't recommend waiting, but there is plenty of time to get it done in the morning before going to the test center for the super procrastinators.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:47 pm

Jeffort wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:

Correct. The best time to worry about this is after midnight when it will be difficult to find a 24 hour CVS or Wallgreens with someone on duty that knows how to work the photo counter.

For anyone in doubt about whether or not they have an acceptable photo, it only takes a few minutes to get a passport photo taken and printed at a CVS or WallGreens or other place with a photo counter and costs less than $8. I don't recommend waiting, but there is plenty of time to get it done in the morning before going to the test center for the super procrastinators.

It's better now than tomorrow, but still. Maybe I'm just super paranoid (I've visited my test site, printed out 3 copies of my ticket and put one in my car and also have extra photos), but I'd rather this stuff be done a week before the exam than the night off. I feel like everyone should be relaxing right about now. You know, watch some b-ball, grab some dinner, get a good night's rest.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:36 pm

ManoftheHour wrote:
Jeffort wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:

It's better now than tomorrow, but still. Maybe I'm just super paranoid (I've visited my test site, printed out 3 copies of my ticket and put one in my car and also have extra photos), but I'd rather this stuff be done a week before the exam than the night off. I feel like everyone should be relaxing right about now. You know, watch some b-ball, grab some dinner, get a good night's rest.

I hear ya, this topic shouldn't even be an issue the night before the test for responsible prepared test takers, but there are always those few people that like to play with danger and wait till the last minute to get basic stuff together. Plus, there are those other people that don't yet even know they cannot use a mechanical pencil that may not even print the admission ticket and test day rules until morning that might read the rules while waiting in line. People at big test centers will see some of those people, look for freaked out people arguing with proctors. :wink:

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:56 pm

Jeffort wrote:
ManoftheHour wrote:It's better now than tomorrow, but still. Maybe I'm just super paranoid (I've visited my test site, printed out 3 copies of my ticket and put one in my car and also have extra photos), but I'd rather this stuff be done a week before the exam than the night off. I feel like everyone should be relaxing right about now. You know, watch some b-ball, grab some dinner, get a good night's rest.

I hear ya, this topic shouldn't even be an issue the night before the test for responsible prepared test takers, but there are always those few people that like to play with danger and wait till the last minute to get basic stuff together. Plus, there are those other people that don't yet even know they cannot use a mechanical pencil that may not even print the admission ticket and test day rules until morning that might read the rules while waiting in line. People at big test centers will see some of those people, look for freaked out people arguing with proctors. :wink:

Don't forget the "Oh shit, I signed the ticket" when it says in bold "Do not sign this ticket prior to the test."

NoWorries

Postby NoWorries » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:01 am

Similar question. I'm just wondering if my mugshot is ok even if I'm wasted as shit in it? Will the proctors mind?

I just really want to use a picture of me after a victorious fight to get me pumped.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Mon Jun 10, 2013 12:24 am

NoWorries wrote:Similar question. I'm just wondering if my mugshot is ok even if I'm wasted as shit in it? Will the proctors mind?

I just really want to use a picture of me after a victorious fight to get me pumped.

Well, the rules say that the photo is supposed to show you the same way you look on test day, so I guess if you get drunk and get into a fight tonight or in the morning before the test and don't shower you should be a-ok checking in with that mugshot.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:01 am

Jeffort wrote:
NoWorries wrote:Similar question. I'm just wondering if my mugshot is ok even if I'm wasted as shit in it? Will the proctors mind?

Well, the rules say that the photo is supposed to show you the same way you look on test day, so I guess if you get drunk and get into a fight tonight or in the morning before the test and don't shower you should be a-ok checking in with that mugshot.

Wait, I do plan on doing these things this morning, but I took my photo at a Walmart.. am I going to need a new pic? :(

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”