Possible to Learn ALL Logic Games in 12 Days?

jtabustos

Possible to Learn ALL Logic Games in 12 Days?

Postby jtabustos » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:29 pm

So, I've got 12 days "off" (after surgery) doing nothing.

I can get back to my other stuff after about two-weeks, but I literally have 12 days of nothing (no work or school) right now. I can move around physically just enough to pick up books and read and do LSAT problems.....But I'll still be more or less confined to my house for the time being. ....In a way, it's a perfect vacation for me to just study.

Just curious if anyone thinks I can master all the logic games if I study and work the problems alal day and all night for about two weeks? If so, I was thinking of setting up a study schedule to try it out (and getting rid of all other distractions).

Appreciate the opinion!

UnderrateOverachieve

Re: Possible to Learn ALL Logic Games in 12 Days?

Postby UnderrateOverachieve » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:41 pm

I mean you could probably get down all of the major game types in that time.

I would just make some type of structured plan.

Start with the easiest game-types first. Go through them until you are able to get a desired score over a certain amount of games or questions (-1 per 10 questions or something). Then time yourself and make sure you can maintain your score threshold when speed becomes an element.

Then move on to the harder game types.

There probably isn't a single tier ordering game question that would take more than a days practice to figure out unless you have absolutely no previous experience.

Your score should slide with the difficulty of the game, for a pure ordering game with only one tier I would not allow myself to move on with anything other than a -0. If it is ordering/grouping I might give myself -1 or -2 if it is extremely difficult.
Last edited by UnderrateOverachieve on Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheMostDangerousLG

Postby TheMostDangerousLG » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:43 pm

jtabustos wrote:So, I've got 12 days "off" (after surgery) doing nothing.

I can get back to my other stuff after about two-weeks, but I literally have 12 days of nothing (no work or school) right now. I can move around physically just enough to pick up books and read and do LSAT problems.....But I'll still be more or less confined to my house for the time being. ....In a way, it's a perfect vacation for me to just study.

Just curious if anyone thinks I can master all the logic games if I study and work the problems alal day and all night for about two weeks? If so, I was thinking of setting up a study schedule to try it out (and getting rid of all other distractions).

Appreciate the opinion!

Can you master logic games and all of the individual games in 12 days?

Long answer: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no.

Short answer: no.

flash21

Postby flash21 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:46 pm

TheMostDangerousLG wrote:
jtabustos wrote:So, I've got 12 days "off" (after surgery) doing nothing.

Appreciate the opinion!

Can you master logic games and all of the individual games in 12 days?

Long answer: uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no.

Short answer: no.

lol

meegee

Postby meegee » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:06 pm

If you're literally starting from scratch, aka you haven't even peeked into a logic games book. The answer is a definite no.

If you've read books already, and have a relatively firm grasp about what sort of diagrams to use (and how to draw them) for what sort of games, then, it is possible. Logic games can be fun, and I honestly have had no issues "burning out" from drilling logic games. Aside from general, physical fatigue, I was fine just banging out logic games all day. The part that will drain most of your time is review.

If you mean doing every single logic game in existence at least once, then I don't think so. Unless you neglect review. But if you ignore review, why bother doing logic games in the first place?
Last edited by meegee on Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Postby Clearly » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:06 pm

No.

jtabustos

Postby jtabustos » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:29 pm

meegee wrote:If you're literally starting from scratch, aka you haven't even peeked into a logic games book. The answer is a definite no.

If you've read books already, and have a relatively firm grasp about what sort of diagrams to use (and how to draw them) for what sort of games, then, it is possible. Logic games can be fun, and I honestly have had no issues "burning out" from drilling logic games. Aside from general, physical fatigue, I was fine just banging out logic games all day. The part that will drain most of your time is review.

If you mean doing every single logic game in existence at least once, then I don't think so. Unless you neglect review. But if you ignore review, why bother doing logic games in the first place?

Hi - I haven't learned any of the logic games before, but have seen some (freebies online).

I've tried to solve the freebies and did OK on one and very poorly on another one. The harder one I literally had no idea how to set up.

On the other side....I have all the formal logic down to do them. So, I know how to work with conditionals and what not. It's just a matter of learning the different game types and how to set-up and solve.

So, pretty much no one thinks it's possible eh? I'm going to see how far I can get tonight.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:30 pm

Youre better off letting it soak in over time

bp shinners

Postby bp shinners » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:31 pm

jtabustos wrote:So, pretty much no one thinks it's possible eh? I'm going to see how far I can get tonight.

Possible? Yes. Likely? Nope. Advisable? No way. Especially if you're recovering from surgery.

meegee

Postby meegee » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:39 pm

jtabustos wrote:Hi - I haven't learned any of the logic games before, but have seen some (freebies online).

I've tried to solve the freebies and did OK on one and very poorly on another one. The harder one I literally had no idea how to set up.

On the other side....I have all the formal logic down to do them. So, I know how to work with conditionals and what not. It's just a matter of learning the different game types and how to set-up and solve.

So, pretty much no one thinks it's possible eh? I'm going to see how far I can get tonight.

First things first, what Nova said is correct. It is better to soak up logic games over time. That being said, I still think it is possible to get a "great" (note I did not say become a master ninja of the logic games) grasp of logic games within a short period of time, assuming you've read book(s) on logic games and have a relatively good grasp on the methods, and only need to practice the execution now.

I don't know what "freebies" you are referring to, but I am under the impression that most "freebies" out there are simulated, non-official, logic games. The general consensus is: fuck. that. shit. Unless you've gone through all the logic games in existence multiple times, you've regularly scored -0 (maybe we can stretch it to -1), and it's all being done well under the 35 minute limit (33? 32? some even say 30), then yes, perhaps you can dabble in those fake games. Some people, however, are firm believers that doing fake games only hurt you. Long story short, I don't think those fake games are an accurate indicator of where you stand in regards to official LSAC logic games.

Unless you're talking about the logic games found in LSAC's free release of the June test. Then yes, those are real logic games. Nonetheless, it means you've only been exposed to 4 games, thus not indicative of your general ability as a whole, as there are many game types found within logic games, and many more variations/inferences to be understood.

My general feeling from what you've posted is that you are not ready or capable of achieving your goal within 2 weeks. Don't get me wrong, starting now is great. Just don't expect to be an LSAT tutor for the logic games section by the end of 2 weeks. It appears, you still have a while to go.

TL;DR - Revised answer. No. But start now.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:09 pm

I agree with Meegee that you can definitley make big strides over 12 days.

Im assuming youll put in like nearly 100 solid hours

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:13 pm

I think it would be more efficient to split that time up. Maybe 50/50 LR and AR.

guano

Postby guano » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:14 pm

Learn? Maybe.
Master? No.

magickware

Postby magickware » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:42 pm

Learn them in 12 days? Sure. The PS LG bible and the Manhattan LSAT LR book are both short enough that you can finish them and understand them well within two days, a day if you just spend the entire day reading.

But get good enough to consistently get -0 and/or understand the hardest of the bunch? Very doubtful.

sublime

Postby sublime » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:19 am

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”