Went through the Manhattan LR book and I still suck

laww

Went through the Manhattan LR book and I still suck

Postby laww » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:53 am

Some of the assumption questions STILL don't make sense to me. Whenever I see a question stem with "the argument assumes that" or something similar I just want to cry.

I feel so stupid right now. The first few chapters were about assumption questions yet I am still getting these questions wrong.

God... I did the drills at the end of chapter 3 and got 8 of 14 questions wrong. I am so bad... Seriously can someone give me some tips? I understand how to negate, etc. and I think the MLSAT method is really good but I just can't seem to apply it in a timely fashion. I don't want to keep getting 3-4 LR questions wrong...

I am so frustrated right now.

sublime

Re: Went through the Manhattan LR book and I still suck

Postby sublime » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:56 am

magickware

Postby magickware » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:14 pm

3-4 a section? Or 3-4 for the entire thing?

If it's 3-4 for the entire thing, then you just about have the LR section figured out. Just find out why you're getting those wrong and see if you can fix it.

The argument assumes that is just an assumption question that doesn't fit neatly into either necc. or suff. assumption. Just find the argument core and work from there.

Get the cambridge LSAT packages and work through them. And memorize the book.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:17 pm

Just look for the conclusion

senioritis13

Postby senioritis13 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:03 pm

The easiest way to attack these questions is to identify the evidence and the conclusion, then figure out what the conclusion states that the evidence doesn't. The assumption is the unsaid bridge between the two. That's the obvious way to handle these.

If you're getting 3-4 wrong per section, you probably need to put down the prep books and start looking specifically at your tests. You know the basics of these questions, but you need to refine your approach. Identify all the assumption questions in one of the timed LR passages you've taken, then go through each one and figure out why you got them wrong. Assumption questions get easier when you go back and identify the conclusion (bracket the conclusion) and maybe underline the evidence. This alone should get you down to two possible answers. If you're still getting the answer wrong, you're probably missing a word or something in one of the answers that makes the other choice better.

CardozoLaw09

Postby CardozoLaw09 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:07 pm

I think OP means -3/-4 assumption questions wrong per section

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”