Powerscore LR question type training

E pluribus unum

Powerscore LR question type training

Postby E pluribus unum » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:52 pm

Anyone have any thoughts on this book? It groups questions by type but only uses questions from PTs 1-20. This is good, since I've exhausted all the recent PTs and wouldn't have seen many of the questions in this book. I picked this up as a way to drill going into Monday so I can stay sharp. So I guess my question is about the age of these questions. Are earlier LR questions detrimental to someone who has focused mainly on the most recent ~30 or so? Have there been any significant changes to the LR questions in the last 30 or so PTs?

E pluribus unum

Re: Powerscore LR question type training

Postby E pluribus unum » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:57 pm

Bump

bombaysippin

Postby bombaysippin » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:10 pm

Dunno what book exactly you're referring to, but the general consensus it seems is that the most recent PTs have changed a bit in everything from LG, RC, LR.

If you're taking the test Monday...my opinion would be that it be best for you to thoroughly review the most recent PTs questions as they would be the most relevant. This isn't to say the older stuff isn't relevant, but that the older stuff may seem worded differently or structured a bit differently when compared to the most recent PTs now.

You could still drill with the older stuff and also review new stuff too though.

If you're not taking the LSAT Monday, there are the cambridge packets that have all the LR questions by type and by difficulty from PTs 1-38...but if you are taking it Monday, then I think it's kinda too little too late lol...

E pluribus unum

Postby E pluribus unum » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:43 pm

Yes I'm taking Monday. I debated between just relaxing the next 2 days or drilling, and there are around 1000 questions in this one book, so I figured it couldn't hurt. In hindsight, the cambridge option would have been better since it has 18 newer PTs, but I'm hoping this one wont hurt any.

Dr. Dre

Postby Dr. Dre » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:47 pm

GET THE MLSAT BUNDLE

E pluribus unum

Postby E pluribus unum » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:01 am

Dr. Dre wrote:GET THE MLSAT BUNDLE

Got it. Read it. Loved it. But had to do something once PTs were exhausted and I didn't feel like taking any days off. I wanted to head full steam into Monday.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”