fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby flash21 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:28 pm

Have been studying since the beginning of May, and am just now getting basic linear logic games (balanced) package done accurately and timely (I am printing 10 blank copies of games and making sure I do them all correct and on time before I move on). Do you guys think this is slow progress for logic games? In the mean time I will keeping drilling, hoping to move to advanced games soon.

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby flash21 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:50 pm

oh come on 30 views and no responses?!

User avatar
azditamo
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:45 pm

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby azditamo » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:21 pm

flash21 wrote:oh come on 30 views and no responses?!



I don't think so. Progression is slow and by doing the games over and over again you won't be surprised during the test.

magickware
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby magickware » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:22 pm

It took me 3 months to go from getting -20ish on the LG (first diagnostic) to a fairly consistent -2 to -3. Then it took me another 2ish month to go to a consistent -0. Then another month to make just about every games easy.

A month of studying is absolutely nothing.

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby flash21 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:47 pm

Okay thanks for the replies. I am finding that this method of review/drilling from 7 sage is working really great. appreciate the replies.

kiyoku
Posts: 136
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 2:25 am

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby kiyoku » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:00 am

magickware wrote:It took me 3 months to go from getting -20ish on the LG (first diagnostic) to a fairly consistent -2 to -3. Then it took me another 2ish month to go to a consistent -0. Then another month to make just about every games easy.

A month of studying is absolutely nothing.



Magickware, can I ask what your diagnostic score overall was and how you're scoring now (or how you've scored on your actual, if you took the test already?)

User avatar
mehiguess
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:23 am

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby mehiguess » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:02 am

flash21 wrote:Have been studying since the beginning of May, and am just now getting basic linear logic games (balanced) package done accurately and timely (I am printing 10 blank copies of games and making sure I do them all correct and on time before I move on). Do you guys think this is slow progress for logic games? In the mean time I will keeping drilling, hoping to move to advanced games soon.



when is your testing date?

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby flash21 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:18 am

mehiguess wrote:
flash21 wrote:Have been studying since the beginning of May, and am just now getting basic linear logic games (balanced) package done accurately and timely (I am printing 10 blank copies of games and making sure I do them all correct and on time before I move on). Do you guys think this is slow progress for logic games? In the mean time I will keeping drilling, hoping to move to advanced games soon.



when is your testing date?


it is in october

User avatar
mehiguess
Posts: 97
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 9:23 am

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby mehiguess » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:58 am

flash21 wrote:
mehiguess wrote:
flash21 wrote:Have been studying since the beginning of May, and am just now getting basic linear logic games (balanced) package done accurately and timely (I am printing 10 blank copies of games and making sure I do them all correct and on time before I move on). Do you guys think this is slow progress for logic games? In the mean time I will keeping drilling, hoping to move to advanced games soon.



when is your testing date?


it is in october

You should be fine man.

User avatar
flash21
Posts: 1536
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:56 pm

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby flash21 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:55 pm

mehiguess wrote:
flash21 wrote:
mehiguess wrote:
flash21 wrote:Have been studying since the beginning of May, and am just now getting basic linear logic games (balanced) package done accurately and timely (I am printing 10 blank copies of games and making sure I do them all correct and on time before I move on). Do you guys think this is slow progress for logic games? In the mean time I will keeping drilling, hoping to move to advanced games soon.



when is your testing date?


it is in october

You should be fine man.


Thanks. I get really paranoid about speed of progress. How is your studying coming along?

User avatar
KD35
Posts: 948
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:30 am

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby KD35 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:26 pm

You may be progressing slowly, but once a topic clicks, you're golden for LG. LG is different in that it (appears as a whole) to be the easiest to "learn," and once you do you'll be great.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:54 pm

The hardest to improve is RC

LG is easiest to improve

magickware
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby magickware » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:12 pm

kiyoku wrote:Magickware, can I ask what your diagnostic score overall was and how you're scoring now (or how you've scored on your actual, if you took the test already?)


158 or 157 on the first diagnostic. Got just about every LG except one or two wrong. I simply had no idea how they worked and never really was in a habit of working with logic.

Got a 163 on my first test(Oct 2012). Was obviously unprepared but went in because I was an idiot. Was PTing in the 169-174 range when I took the Feb. 2013. Somehow magically got 163 again. Cannot tell at all what happened because Feb. tests aren't released =(

Currently PTing in between 170-176. Virtually every LG right on everything with a rare -1 or -2, basically careless errors.

I think I have horrible nervous issues with this test.

User avatar
Dr. Dre
Posts: 2347
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:10 pm

Re: fear I am progressing too slowly on logic games?

Postby Dr. Dre » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:14 pm

magickware wrote:
kiyoku wrote:Magickware, can I ask what your diagnostic score overall was and how you're scoring now (or how you've scored on your actual, if you took the test already?)


158 or 157 on the first diagnostic. Got just about every LG except one or two wrong. I simply had no idea how they worked and never really was in a habit of working with logic.

Got a 163 on my first test(Oct 2012). Was obviously unprepared but went in because I was an idiot. Was PTing in the 169-174 range when I took the Feb. 2013. Somehow magically got 163 again. Cannot tell at all what happened because Feb. tests aren't released =(

Currently PTing in between 170-176. Virtually every LG right on everything with a rare -1 or -2, basically careless errors.

I think I have horrible nervous issues with this test.



:shock:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], bigv, Lahtso Nuggin, namasayayj, unsweetened, VMars, Yahoo [Bot] and 11 guests